I have recently returned from my trip to Abu Dhabi staying at the Intercontinental Hotel for the nights of (20/03/13-23/03/13)
I must congratulate your team on a fantastic and very pleasant visit, I had arranged a tour prior to my stay as it is a hotel we sell a lot of to my clients, and I can say personally I was not disappointed!
The hotel has real character and I think once the pool/beach area is complete it will be one of the best in Abu Dhabi.
The staff at the hotel from check in to restaurant staff were fantastic and some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever experienced when staying in different hotels globally.
I was lucky enough to sit and have coffee with Reema on my arrival and she ran me through the things to come from the hotel and it all sounds very impressive!
I feel I must also congratulate the Concierge team on their fantastic ‘CAN DO’ attitude and general knowledge, A special mention to Loana who works on the concierge who was fantastic and was a massive help for me arranging tour, even when I had to change days due to illness and also arranged for me to go to the hospital so I could see a doctor. She really did go above and beyond. So I feel her great work deserves a special mention.
I also noticed the pool staff were fantastic when it came to finding sun beds and making everyone feel welcome and that there was a spot for them around the pool, these little touches go a long way with clients and are often overseen these days.
For a big chain its nice to see the Intercontinental have remembered the old fashioned principles and approach to customer service.
My room was fantastic and kept immaculately clean, every day.
I will definitely be recommending this hotel with the highest reference in the future and hope some of my feedback has been of some use.
My only negative about the hotel was when I checked out, the check out clerk was efficient and quick however the hotel driver was not so great, I explained that I only had 20 minutes to do the 10 minute trip to the Emirates free shuttle bus station (which is different to that of the main Abu Dhabi bus station) the receptionist understood and told the porter who acknowledged he understood however he drove agonisingly slow with no rush and also took me to the wrong bus station resulting in me having to pay 200AED to get a private transfer to Dubai to make sure I caught my flight on time, so somewhere the instructions were lost in translation between the 2 or the driver was clueless to where he needed to actually take me.
This still didn’t ruin and amazing time I had spent at the hotel.
This isn’t the hotels fault, I just expected the driver to have known what he was doing and be aware of that seeing as many of your clients may also be caught out by this.
Keep up the good work guys! I will continue to send my clients your way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure."We are currently working on a beach re-development scheduled to start during the second week of April 2012 and due to be finalized by the third quarter of 2013 .Our exciting new project will enhance the facilities in our hotel by uplifting our outdoor areas. We will take every effort to minimize the disruption to our guests who will continue to have full access to the beach and can enjoy a dip in the sea. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located in our main block." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental