“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I chose Crown Plaza and I have no regrets. It was an experience I would cherish for long long time.From the time I alighted from my car till I checked out, I had wonderful experience.The Vallet Parking guy helped my kids to climb the steps of the hotel,then the bell boy said he will take care of my luggage and brought it the room with a warm smile, at the reception the front office staff were willing to help me, and lo, we were inside the suite! The room was cozy, I found it extremely neat and tidy, the bathroom had full of amenities, the housekeeping department is doing a wonderful job. The Order Taker was very friendly over the phone when I ordered food from the Room Service. The food was very Fresh and Tasty.I visited the Hero's Bar and had two shots of Baccardy.The Waitress who served was really eager to serve me. I had a sound sleep with my family and the next day we had a small tour around Abu Dhabi, When we returned we found our room cleaned by the Housekeeping attendant and extreme care was given for cleaning my room ..Every thing was impeccable. When we reached reception for checking out, it took only seconds for it. The guy was amazingly fast and my car was at the endrance. I suggest all who visit Abu Dhabi to have a try at Crown Plaza Abu Dhabi.
RA

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear “eimermcgeown”,
We would like to thank you for writing such a nice & detailed review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.
We are very much grateful to receive your kind words regarding our staff, service & amenities. Thank you for giving us top scores on value, location, sleep quality, room, cleanliness & service. On your next visit, you can try Cho Gao with your family – the only non smoking restaurant, bar & lounge in Abu Dhabi.
Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and it is gratifying to learn this has been achieved on this occasion.
We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

General Manager, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Arrived 3am. Upgraded to club room. Very nice but no use of the lounge! Friends in a standard room - lovely too. We had carpet, huge drapes, TV, mini-bar, air con with temp control. Mirrors above the beds. Twin room with god sized beds. Jacuzzi bath tub. Power shower. Hair dryer. The biggest bath sheets ever, bath robes, slippers, fresh toiletries as required. Mouton brown products. No cold water though as it runs warm so no need for hot shower. We had fresh water provided daily and had tea making facilities. Fruit also on arrival.

Welcoming hotel and very friendly staff. They couldn't do enough for us. My only grumble was trying to be sold wi-fi packages on arrival. We were just tired and needed our beds. We stayed I'm and said no a few times! We knew wi-fi wasn't free in this hotel chain - it is in others! But we didn't actually need it as non business travellers. My advice - the hotel should leave printed price guides in rooms and let customers decide when refreshed from long journeys.

Taxi fare to hotel 70-80dhirum. About £13-14. Beware though some taxi drivers like to say they have no change! We ended up paying 100 as a result. Just ak reception for change as they are very accommodating. Oh and taxis don't know street names etc. strangely they ask passengers directions LOL. Best to give a landmark. Buses are very cheap at 1D everywhere. Just drop the coin in the slot. Women travel upfront and men at the back.

Hotel amenities very very good. Pool on the roof. Pleasant but the water was always warm. Didn't bother me though. Jacuzzi was too hot though and I burned my feet a couple of times, other times it was ok. Steam room very nice. Bar by the pool and good atmosphere evenings. Generous with drink measures. Didn't use the other bars in the hotel. Food was good - a bit more expensive than eating out and surcharges on top. There was a gym, sauna and massage area available too.

We didn't see families with children here which was good. Couples, friends, single travellers and business people. Around the hotel are cafes, a supermarket and smaller shops, cinema etc. to go into Abu Dhabi marina area is by bus 1D or taxi 15-9D. Taxi 10mins, bus about 20-25. To yas island or the mosque about 30-40 or 1-2D by bus.

I would definitely use this hotel again and recommend it. Abu Dhabi is clean and safe whether you stay by the Corniche beach hotels or business district.

Room Tip: If on a budget standard are absolutely fine.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear “gmt702”,
We are thrilled to hear that you found your stay an enjoyable & relaxing one and thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your comments regarding our rooms and its amenities. We are happy that you found us “welcoming & very friendly”. Thank you for bringing to our attention about the offering of the wifi packages. Please be informed that we will share it with our management & staff. Your comments are very important to us as this allows us to improve our service continually.
We are happy that you were able to make use of our pool, Jacuzzi and the steam room. We will note your comment though about it being too hot and we’ll look into it.
We are glad that you liked our location which facilitates to a lot of amenities that’s why we are the preferred hotel not just by business travelers as well as leisure.
Again thank you & we look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here this week, instead of my usual Hilton Corniche spot, and was very pleasantly surprised. Booked a club room, which includes complimentary airport pick up and drop off, and despite my inbound flight being delayed by 5 hours, the car was there waiting for me at 2.30am. 1st rate service.
Check in was quick, and got an upgrade to a suite, very nice and spacious, with al the niceties you could wish for, two flat screen TV's sofas, decent bathroom, and a very comfy bed.

Ate in the pub in the basement, the Steak and Guinness pie had a ridiculously large amout of meat in it, without doubt one of the best in the World ! Just been down for the friday Roast, Beef was perfect, yorkshire pudding etc. Spot on. The only down side for a non smoker eating is that it IS a smoking bar, so it can get a bit pongy, but thats because were now not used to it in the UK.
Tried Vincent's lounge on the 9th floor, very comfortable and Bloody Mary's were some of hte best I've ever had.
Took breakfast inthe 9th floor restaurant one morning, excellent choice and good service, thoroughly recommended.

Exec floor lounge was good, evening food and drinks, toghether with attentive service, only partially spoiled by some noisy Scotsman with the loudest ringtone EVER ( intro to the Who's We won't get fooled again) who everytime it rang spent 10 minutes shouting into it.

Great hotel, centrally located, rooftop pool and lounging area, gym, etc. Never used them, preferred the pub !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear “jetsettel”,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all your comments in particular with our “first rate service”, “quick check in”, “very nice & spacious suite”.
Also we are happy that you enjoyed our awards winning restaurants such as Heroes, Vincent’s and The Garden and also the Executive Lounge. On your next visit, you may want to try Cho Gao – the only non smoking restaurant, bar and lounge in Abu Dhabi.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is awesome, from the moment we checked in til we left everything was perfect. the room was spacious and had massive windows, it was nice and cool. The staff and hotel were just lovely. food at the restaurants was beautiful and the underground bar was lively. the roof top pool is out of this world. we were just lying catching a few rays and a guy came round with nice cool wet towels and slices of juicy watermelon. nice touch! the gym, even though i never worked out because i was relaxing, looked to have everything. all in all this place is a must stay when in the area. thanks!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear “Stavo8”,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and considered everything “perfect”. Thank you for your comments regarding your check in & check out experience, the room, staff, hotel, food and pool. On your next visit you can enjoy our state of the art Crowne Fitness.
We value our guests’ satisfaction & we are so happy that it has been achieved in this occasion.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

You could spend more. lots more. You could spend less. But if you want genuine value, a great room, and feel like your getting great value, this is my pick. The rooms are "huge". Most importantly - you feel safe. you feel like your getting "true value", and you feel welcomed.

The beds are very comfortable. the food is a highlight. we ate at all 3 restaurants,and the food was amazing. Breakfast is OMG. Get breakfast with your room. and...theSeafood is a standout.

Book it and you will be pleasantly surprised, no "pot luck". It does have a focus on the business traveller, but as a holidaying traveller - I would certainly book there again, no question at all. I plan to....

However - the concierge really needs some work. As a tourist, they really were not great help in doing the "tourist thing". Blank looks are common and the offerings they a have on hand are thin and stale ... I often left like I was interrupting. That was not goo. I wanted to go to "x" and I had to organise it myself really. It would not take much, and the returns to the business would be "very satisfing".

Actually I would love to go back as an outsider and give them that perspective -help refine them. Now I have been there, I genuinely know what I would help them with...Really. I don't think they see what they are missing out on. Great opportunity for Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: The Pool on the roof is amazing. the view if jaw dropping. great place to cool off.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear “Coolmango”,
We are very pleased to read your praising review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We are extremely delighted to know that you felt like you got great value with us and at the same time that you felt safe and welcome.
We are happy you enjoyed the comfortable beds, great food in the outlets & room service. Hopefully you had a chance to explore all the exciting restaurants around the hotel.
We value all our guests either for business or for leisure.
Thank you for bringing to our attention about our Concierge. Please be assured that your feedback has been communicated with the respective departments and we will endeavor to improve our services by taking your comments into consideration.
Despite the inconvenience you encountered I was very pleased to note that your overall stay was good and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We booked a standard room and on arrival were upgraded to a Club room, courtesy of the hotel! On the first night we had a small issue with the bathtub, then required more toiletries and then wanted one more duvet: in all three occasions, there was someone at our room to assist within a maximum of 3 minutes! - I actually thought that at the third time they 'd get frustrated with us calling all the time but they were continuously highly attentive. Everyone were extremely helpful with a smile 24/7. They made us feel than we were taken care of to the max. The room was huge and they arranged it according to our prior requests via the website we booked. The location (Hamdan street) is central which is great. To sum up, we left there amazed by the hotel and without any complaints! Book there and really remain worry free

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear “MetalHawk”,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi. We are pleased to note that there were positive aspects to your stay, in particular our “highly attentive” staff, “huge” room and that you felt you were “taken care to the max”.
Hopefully on your next stay with us you shall be able experience and enjoy Spaccanapoli – our Italian Restaurant or Cho Gao – Asian Restaurant the only non smoking venue in town.
Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and it is rewarding to learn this has been achieved on this occasion. We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights - we usually stay at the Yas Island CP, which is 4 star, and we find it more luxurious than this 5 star one. Food was great, as were staff, apart from the cleaner who was hoovering directly outside my door with great gusto when there was a "do not disturb" sign on it. Great location, valet parking, not too noisy even though you are in the heart of AD. If you aren't driving then this is the CP to stay in AD, but if you are driving then you get a much more modern offering in Yas Island.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear “bluelionesse”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate you found our food, staff, location & parking “great”.
We would like to inform you that we are undergoing several phases of renovation to continuously improve our products & services to meet our guests’ expectation. We appreciate your comments about the housekeeping and we will note that point.
Your feedback will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management & staff.
Your comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.
We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

General Manager, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!