“Just Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dorrington, United Kingdom
“Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We recently have returned from our Honeymoon in Abu Dhabi and I have to say this hotel is just stunning! Everything was amazing from the time we were picked up from the Airport right up to our drop off when we left. The Staff were so friendly and so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The food was out of this world and I have to say a personal thank you to Adin, as he made our dining experience just wonderful and everything was cooked fresh and you could choose exactly what you wanted with a huge selection. Even my little girl who is very fussy enjoyed it too and they make such a fuss of the children, its fab. I would definately recommend Eastern Mangroves and we will certainly be returning soon. Thank you for making our honeymoon extra special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

It is such a delight to read outstanding feedback from you our valued guests about the product, service, and facilities which keeps the entire team motivated.

We are grateful for your continuous support and we look forward to extending to you once again the Anantara hospitality.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights combining business and leisure. This hotel was simply fabulous. Amazing welcome and service from when you arrive on the premises, wonderful reception, great rooms, sensational views over the mangroves (make sure to request a room overlooking it otherwise its over the roads) and magnificent food and rooftop bars. Stayed on floor 5 with the katara lounge which was wonderful with breakfast an snacks all day, evening canapés and daily drinks reception. The staff at this hotel clearly take their profession in hospitality very seriously and are a credit to the hotel.
Friday brunch was, in a word - sensational. A breathtaking array of sensational cuisines, all top quality and a wonderful selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, from champagne to detox juices.
The gym is incredible and wonderfully managed.
The area is undergoing a lot of development and a host of new restaurants and coffee shops opening which will only add to the quality of this hotel, it in no way interferes with the experience at the hotel at present.
The only thing to be aware of is very minimal space around the pool although staff are very quick to accommodate in any way they can. The location means their is no beach front and is closer to the exhibition area rather than city.
Fantastic wifi throughout hotel from a business point of view, equally strong from room to lounge, restaurant to reception and bar to pool.
I can't wait to return and eagerly anticipate my next trip to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for very much for the nice comments.

We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit. Thank you most especially for commending not only the hotel itself but the excellent service and hospitality provided to you by our associates. We will certainly share your wonderful feedback to our team.

Your valued patronage is very much appreciated and looking forward to be at your service again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for over a year now traveling to Abu Dhabi almost twice a month. It's one of those places that you can call a home away from home. Very comfortable & sophisticated for business, pleasure & a quick getaway. You can't bet on the variety of services & diversity of options but one thing you can bet on any day @ Eastern Mangroves is the staff that you will meet in this place. Being served by someone there is like having your own very dedicated lifestyle manager. I love how Hayat @ guest services takes absolute ownership of making sure I check in & check out with a smile on my face or how Shayan @ front desk knows exactly which room would be perfect for my stay the moment I call for a booking or even how Dipak @ housekeeping never fails to remember what's my fav tea & how much sugar I need. Those kind of people create the "WOW" of Eastern Mangroves. Go on .... Try the place & meet that exceptional team !

Room Tip: Always take a high floor mangroves balcony room ... Heaven at dawn & dusk !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Majan39,

I appreciate your time in sharing your wonderful remarks of your recent stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

I have noted with delight your comments most especially for pointing out the genuine service from our staffs. At Anantara, we are committed to our promise that every guest should leave with amazing story. Your kind feedback will be conveyed to Hayat, Shayan and Dipak and the rest of the team to keep them all inspired and motivated in delivering the highest quality of service every guest deserves.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is large, very well decorated, very comfortable and with an amazing breakfast.
Hotel service is also very good and staff is very helpful.

The room view was stunning over the mangroves with a large balcony. The hotel room is very comfortable and the bathroom was very beautiful.

The breakfast assortiment was the best that we have ever seen. There were so many things to choose of.Great juices, perfect coffees, pastries etc... The area was spacious with comfortables chairs, the staff highly trained, which assured that we were really in a top 5 star hotel.

There was a particular staff that was so professional and friendly that he would remember our tea and coffee the way we like, and even one morning when I went down alone for breakfast, he provided me a newspaper without I request it....it was the best action that has ever happened to me in a hotel and it will remain in my memory everytime I speak about this hotel..

The spa is gorgeous and huge with very professional and friendly staff.

The ONLY complaint that we have was the service received during the check in around 20:00 hs on 20 January 2014 (our room number 215). A female recepcionist was very cold, unwelcoming and gave us a very negative impression about the hotel at first. We felt like requesting the staff to put our suitcases back to our car and look for another hotel. We are glad that we didn't because later we discovered that person doesn't reflect the Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel at all, she shoudn't be there, I am afraid.

Plus:
-Breakfast service and assortment
-Hotel facilities and room comfort
-Fitness and the gorgeous spa
-Fitness and spa staff

Mins:
-Our check in experience
-The hotel could be located closer to the city centre, but it's just 12 minutes drive (taxis are very cheap)
-The swimming pool is smaller than it looks in the hotel website
-It would be nice if guests didn’t have to pay to use the spa facilities, but only the services provided (massages, for example).

Room Tip: room with a mangroves view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FrankdeVries,

I personally thank you for a wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us.

While we appreciate your kind compliments on the hotel as well as the excellent service, we are disappointed to know that we were not able to wow you in some aspects of your visit most especially during your check-in in our reception. We apologize and regret the inconvenience this has caused you. Please rest assured that all your comments are well noted and we will addressed to the team to avoid similar shortfalls in the future and improve our service.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again and ensure that your next stay goes beyond your expectation.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We spent one overnight at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel last weekend. Rather than drive back to Al Ain after the Rolling Stones Concert on Yas Island, we decided to have a mini weekend breakaway. This was the first time we had stayed at this particular Anantara, although we have stayed at other Anantara locations. The reservation was handled efficiently (back in January) and we were offered early check-in and late check-out without even having to ask :)

Our Deluxe Mangroves Balcony room was on the 4th Floor overlooking the natural vista of the mangroves with Reem Island in the distance. I was very happy with the spaciousness (57 square meters) of the room and the comfort level of soft furnishings was above expectations.

Valet parking is something I always appreciate. Check in was swift and courteous and our luggage was delivered immediately by concierge.

The king size bed was super-comfortable and the pillows were just as we had requested.

I also liked the two seater sofa situated in the room…always nice to have a place to sit other than on the bed. The light switches were easy to operate (with some hotels you need to be a genius to figure out how to operate them!!) and the room door could be held in the open position by magnets rather than tussle with it when trying to exit with luggage.

The bathroom was well laid out with a wonderful rain shower and bathtub. I would have preferred double sinks (there's only one). Plenty of toiletries provided with large dispensers filled with deliciously scented shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion…much better than the usual mini individual amenities.

Turndown service is always a nice touch. Loved the strategically placed fresh orchid flowers throughout the room…and fresh leaf with written message "Sweet Dreams" left on bed by turndown service. Complementary bottled water provided. There was a box of Kleenex on one of the bedside tables. Could you also provide another box in the bathroom?? One box was a bit skimpy.

Plenty of electrical outlets to recharge gadgets, camera, i-pad and computer.

The private balcony area was more than adequate in size…just wish the outdoor temperature had been a little warmer :(

I would like to mention one thing that really caught me unaware…the drop in height when exiting from bedroom to patio. I tripped the first time….then when re-entering the room from the patio, I stubbed my toe on more than one occasion as I had to step up slightly…and the height difference is not obvious.

I know for sure I am not the only one who was caught out by this difference in height. Our friends who were staying on the 6th Floor Kasara Level at the same time as us (and are repeat customers at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa By Anantara) made exactly the same comment. I am concerned it is an accident just waiting to happen.

After check-in we headed down to Ingredients for a light lunch. Being a Friday the buffet brunch was being offered. As anyone who lives in Abu Dhabi or Dubai knows, Friday Brunch is a tradition. However, all we wanted was soup or a salad with tea or coffee. We asked if we could order a la carte. Our hostess had to go ask her supervisor if that would be allowed. I can't believe we were the very first people to have asked that question during Friday Brunch…so we were a little taken aback when we had to wait for an answer…which in the end the answer was yes.

The following day we discovered the Mangrove Lounge on the 2nd Floor. It was very comfortable, quiet and a sweet spot to read the newspapers or browse the internet with complimentary WiFi. Food is also served in this area…which was duly noted should we return at a later date.

The pool area lacks privacy being situated directly outside the main lobby area…rather like being in a fishbowl. Given the choice between mangroves or a beach…I know where my preference lies. There are plenty of alternative casual restaurants below the apartments beside the hotel, so no lack of choice. If you are looking for water activities, sailing, kayaking, bird watching and wildlife activities are readily accessible.

We visited 'Impressions', the rooftop lounge after the concert. I will write separate reviews for both 'Ingredients' and 'Impressions'.

The hotel is well situated for accessibility to areas both on and off Abu Dhabi island. Qasr Al Sarab is still my favourite Anantara location, but Eastern Mangroves fitted the bill nicely for our plans in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear QueenofCarlisle,

Thank you for your honest review and valuable comments about your stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

We are grateful for all feedback as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs and continuously improve the service. Your comments have been noted and will be discussed with the concerned department as we strive to maintain standards of our product and service.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I got an upgrade upon arrival, got a mangrove view room instead of street view. I loved the service, everyone was quick & polite. Check-in was quite fast. Room is spacious & balcony is really nice & quiet. Bathroom is one of the best I've ever seen in my life. Room service food is yummmmm.

Beautiful, spacious, welcoming & welllocated. Will not make you feel at home. It will make you feel like you just died & went to heaven.

Full mark!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Skrooobz,

I would like to thank you for posting your candid review of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

It was a pleasure to know that you had the perfect stay in Abu Dhabi at our hotel and how impressed you were with the rooms, facilities, food & beverage and magnificent view.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back for another great experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 24 hours on route to Sydney and had the most wonderful stay. The hotel is stunning and modern, and all of the staff were terrifically helpful. Our large room was gorgeous and overlooked the lovely pool area. A special mention has to be given to the fabulous, spacious bathroom too!
We spent the day by the pool and had a glorious time: the cold face cloths and lavender water were a refreshing treat. Nearby amenities include a Waitrose & lots of restaurants but the complex doesn't feel too sprawling.With easy access to the airport & Yas Island, I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers in Abu Dhabi.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Adonkor,

Please allow me to thank you for a wonderful review you have put for us during your stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa and for letting us know how impressed you were with the accommodation and service. The entire team would be thrilled to hear your kind comments.

Again, thank you most especially for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back and being of service to you once more.

Area General Manager

Been to Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!