“Pretty Impressive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 1,615 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Asian, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: When you reach Level 63 of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, you will find your culinary expectations have also risen. Happily, the most creative cuisine in Abu Dhabi reaches culinary heights that most restaurants can only aspire to. Quest restaurant offers an imaginative interpretation of modern fine dining, blending and recreating flavours from Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and China. You will discern Chef Benjamin Whatt's creativity and exacting standards in every mouthful.
Abu Dhabi
“Pretty Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Firstly would like to agree with all those who have praised the staff here, truly excellent from start to finish and the setting on the 63rd floor is great. We decided to have the tasting menu (AED 550 per person) which had some great dishes ( salad starter, wagu, halibut, crab, ice cream) and a couple that were just ok. Extensive wine list on the I pod - like most places in Abu Dhabi expensive. Bill for two AED 1,900. Would definitley visit again for the overall experience and just swap a couple of items on the tasting menu which the staff said can be done.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doris G, General Manager at Quest, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the great review; I am glad to read you enjoyed our tasting menu and Ipad wine list in Quest. Your compliments have been passed to our culinary and service team; everyone is very happy to have their efforts appreciated.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Quest is Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Oh Jumeirah Etihad Towers - how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: Brasserie Angelique, Scott's and now Quest.

Hubby and I booked a table for 2 this past Thursday evening to celebrate nothing in particular and to check out this restaurant that was getting such rave reviews from friends here in the capital.

The outrageously beautiful elevator takes mere seconds to deliver you to the 63rd floor. Look to your left and there's a breathtaking view of the sprawling grounds of Emirates Palace. To your right is a smiling hostess, ready to take you to your table. Great start!

Don’t be dismayed by the bizarre layout of the restaurant. For a "view" destination, 75% of the potential panorama is obscured by private dining rooms, as well as the bar, washroom and elevator placement. The kitchen is square in the middle of the space and the floor to ceiling windows are bracketed by large black granite slabs. Weird. But hey we were there for the food and, at the very least the place doesn’t rotate.

We started with a drink at the little bijoux of a bar. Tony the bartender mixed a perfect martini (not easy to find here in Abu Dhabi) and the moment Hira arrived with the champagne trolley, I knew I was in a happy place. Truffled popcorn and five spice cashews only further confirmed this.

Chef Benjamin’s pan-asian creations are spell-binding and ridiculously delicious. From the fun-popping amuse bouche to the sambucca sorbet prepared table-side we were delighted. Chef even surprised us with a complimentary nibble of caviar. Well, thank you very much! Hira’s wine recommendations from the refreshingly extensive list were spot on. He even pasted the bottle’s label to a card for our future reference.

What really stands out at Quest is the service. The quality of service in Abu Dhabi has vastly improved since we first arrived six years ago. Quest is at the forefront of that progress and it is a pleasure indeed to have a dining experience with such culinary delights and attention to detail as befits the bill. Bravo! Can’t wait to return to try the full tasting menu!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doris G, General Manager at Quest, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many many thanks for the wonderful review. It is my pleasure to share it with the team and especially congratulate Chef Benjamin, Tony and Hira; thanks to your feedback we have nominated Tony and Hira for our ‘Colleague of the Month’ program.

It was a pleasure looking after you; I, along with the entire team hope to welcome you back to enjoy the full tasting menu.

Best Regards

Bologna, Italy
“FOOD AND CITY VIEW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Formal, elegant restaurant at the top of the super luxury Ethiad Tower. Food is Pan Asian, very good and very special. Service is perfect and the view is fantastic ( most of the tables are by the window, but ask for it during your reservation).

Visited December 2012
Doris G, General Manager at Quest, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the great review about Quest. It is my pleasure to share your compliments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

UAE
“Excellent Pan Asian with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to the Quest at Jumeirah with some friends ,this is on the 63rd floor of the hotel and gives a great view.
The menu is a mix of Thai,Japanese etc and from the starters to the dessert it was excellent.The food provided a burst of flavours in your mouth.The service is also 5 star and Hira was all around us for anything.They have an excellent wine list and appertifs.
Overall we had a great time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doris G, General Manager at Quest, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the great review. I have conveyed your kind comments to the culinary and service teams; especially Hira who has been nominated for our ‘Colleague of the Month’ program.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards

LONDON
“Don't waste your time or money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After reading mostly great reviews of this restaurant, we decided to book for our last night as we were staying at the hotel anyway and had to get a 3am flight back to London and wanted our last dinner to be a special one. We were disappointed from the start. The restaurant had no atmosphere whatsoever and bad lighting. We were sat next to the kitchen by the window with an ok view of the city. My friend noticed lots of finger print marks on the kitchen side glass which was not particularly reassuring. However our waitress seemed very informative and explained everything on the very flash LED menu. She even asked if there was anything we didn't like food wise to ensure we were happy. I have never been asked this before in a restaurant and thought this was a great touch. Being an asian fusion restaurant I said lemongrass and coriander as I can't stand either and she acknowledged this. Thought I would treat myself so ordered lobster for main and a mushroom/broccoli starter. The started was ok, nothing special, ,my friend didn't even finish hers - white asparagus. The main course arrived, a very small portion of lobster which was very nice until I realised it was dressed with coriander. A guy who was the manager I believe came over and asked if everything was ok and I said about the coriander and he said it wasn't it was cress!! Don't know who he was trying to fool but it certainly wasn't me. He should have informed his staff about this too as when the waitress came over she apologised profusely for the coriander cress which did actually ruin my lobster. When the manager came back I pointed out to him that the cress was actually 'coriander cress' as if he didn't know to which he had nothing to say.

All in all this restaurant was not good in our opinion and a complete waste of money. Go to Vasco's at the Hilton, you will have a much better evening and a cheaper one.

A bit of a tip to the management of Quest. Do not try to fool your guests!

Visited December 2012
Doris G, General Manager at Quest, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience; this is not our usual standard. We have investigated this and found that the colleague who took your order did not communicate the request to the kitchen. Please rest assured I have personally addressed this with the team and we have reinforced training to ensure this is not repeated.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your impression of Quest. I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back

Sincerely Yours