“One of the best dinner ever” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of the best dinner ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After we went and watch the Formula 1 race we decided to go for dinner at hyatt capital gate since we have a heard a lot for this beautiful hotel and recently we read on the What's On magazine they won an award, and believe me they really deserve it.
I don't know from where to start and where to finish, from entrance at the lobby everything were very awsome and clean and the staff very kind and helpfull.
The food in the 18 Degrees restaurant was just amazing, we decided to order the recommendation from the waiter, we even didn't look the menu and Altin made the best dinner for us that night. Also another waitress named Marta was very kind.
the only thing that i really didn't like it at all and i find unprofesional was when one of the supervisors that was sending the food on the tables when he was just standing in front of the kitchen was just playing with his mobile instead of watching the tables and his collegues that were really running. His name if i am not wrong was ian i think as we saw it when he brought us the food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, November 10, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share with us feedback on you recent visit to our hotel. We are very happy to learn that you had one of the best dinners ever at 18 Degrees at our award winning restaurant. I have shared you feedback with our teams to ensure further smooth coordination, thank you as the review will surely help us serve you better.

Ashwini Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ruwais, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Perfect Hotel. Period. My plan was to end this post after the first sentence, but TA requires a minimum of 200 characters per review :) The hotel, staff, food, amenities, structure, quiet dignity, relaxed comfort, sleep quality, room design, cleanliness, check-in and check-out were all perfect. Plainly and simply, the best hotel that I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

It is our constant endeavour to provide an unparalleled memorable experience for all our guests. Thank you for taking the time out to share feedback on you visit to our hotel. We are very happy to learn that you found us the perfect hotel. I have shared your motivating feedback with or teams.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed one night, very artistic designs all around, staff is very kind and caring, loved the room which was nicely done and the bathroom was unbelievable.. Can't wait to return and soak my self again in the bathtub :-) food was terrific too especially with the massive options of resturanta within the hotel it self.

Stayed November 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

It was a pleasure to have you over. Thank you for taking the time out to share with us feedback about your stay. We are happy to learn that you found our staff kind and caring we strongly endeavour to maintain personalised service to all who visits us. I have shared you review with our teams it truly does motivates us. Also we are thrilled to share with you that 18 degrees recently wont the Best Modern European Restaurant, Abu Dhabi by What's On awards 2013.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff at the Hyatt Capital Gate are by far the best , they just look after you so much, words cant even describe it,
The room, the hotel,the staff, the information that they know about Abu Dhabi,
Dont kid yourself go and stay there !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, October 27, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share with us feedback on you visit to our hotel, it helps us to serve you better. We are very happy to learn that you mentioned that our staff is by far the best, I have shared your motivational feedback with all concerned it truly does encourage each and every one of us to put in our very best daily. Not to mention thank you for recommending us we truly are obliged.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The most memorable part of our 5-day stay was the friendly international staff from all over the world. I can't remember the names of everyone but these are the ones that I've chatted with:in the restaurant during breakfast; Aissa - Morocco, Sheila - Indonesia, Cyrus - Philippines, Aye - Myanmar.
We had some hiccups for example, we were initially billed for an in-coming phone call but this was quickly settled by Kenichi-the front-desk staff from Japan. One of the front-desk staff initially did not understand that we wanted to extend our stay but her colleague Kwai Loon, another front-desk staff from Malaysia sorted this out.
Last but not least to Peter the concierge from Nigeria who was ever so helpful.
Shukran [Thank You] and kudos to all the international staff for their excellent service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us feedback on your visit to our hotel. We regret any inconvenience caused during you stay as it was not our intention. We are happy to learn that you found our international staff great, as it is our constant endeavour to create an exceptional experience for all who visit us.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Its guaranteed quality ,I visited there 3 times within this year , nothing can be better , very welcoming and professional staff , high attention to detail , your comfort is their real concern , room is so well arranged and very clean , great view , 8 degree restaurant is very good , there is one staff his name (Stephen) is always there to help you and he is so professional and perfect service , I went many times and they keep remembering me , I love this place , its real relaxation , every detail is done for your convenience .

Room Tip: guaranteed quality Above expectations .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for you feedback, it helps us serve u better. We are happy to learn that you found our staff welcoming and professional as we constantly strive to deliver above expectations. Also we are thrilled to share with you that 18 degrees recently wont the Best Modern European Restaurant, Abu Dhabi by What's On awards 2013. I have shared your feedback with all here and you encouraging review does motivates all.

As always it was a pleasure having you over, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Public holidays are a true test of a hotel’s abilities. We spent 2 nights of the Eid holidays at Hyatt Capital Gate and had a wonderful experience. For more (be warned: lengthy”) details, please read on:

Booking:
The booking was done for 2 spacious 67m2 Capital Suites which each had a separate living room. With the suites came complimentary breakfast and a 150 AED credit per room per stay. I booked through Booking.com and later confirmed the reservation with the hotel and received a booking reference. This was handled by Nisha from reservations who was a pleasure to deal with.
With the reservation reference number, I could add the points to my Hyatt Gold Passport and make special requests before arrival through their amazing E-Concierge service. I made some requests that were confirmed very promptly. I also received a phone call the night before our arrival asking for the specific check-in time, as I had indicated we might be a couple of hours early. Everything was handled professionally.

Check in:
This is where the first glitch appeared, and quite a big one at that. To give some background I was staying at the hotel with my husband, mother, brother and sister. The hotel was a surprise to both my mother and my husband. As my husband wouldn’t be joining us till later, the surprise element wasn’t an issue. My mother, however, thought we were there to check out the spa before going to our 4* hotel. (For the record, the spa was absolutely lovely). My mom headed for the spa as I went to check in.
“Robin”, at the check in counter, very politely told us that for circumstances beyond the hotel’s control, our suites were no longer available. Not something you expect to hear when you have a confirmed reservation at a Hyatt hotel! I was understandably quite distressed at this. Robin offered us the Deluxe room (45 m2) instead at the best available rate. Now had I wanted this room, I would have booked it myself. This should have been a lovely surprise but at this point the whole trip felt ruined.
Robin offered to keep the perks of the suites (BF & 150 AED credit), but I was adamant about wanting the suite at least for my mom as they would be 3 in the room. The front office manager “Mohamed Bahi” came out at this point and profusely apologized and offered us full board for both rooms during our stay. He was so very apologetic and helpful that we accepted his offer. I do think that the hotel was put in a difficult position, but it says a lot that they managed to handle it graciously and ensure our satisfaction and our loyalty to the brand. A big thumbs up to the front office team for professionally managing to resolve a challenging situation.

Deluxe Room:
We were welcomed in to the rooms with 2 bottles of fresh juice & a glass bowl of chocolate truffles. The rooms are absolutely lovely. The décor is minimalistic and modern. The large bed was luxurious and so was the bedding. The view was amazing as were the full length windows and the remote controlled curtains. There was plenty of storage space. The espresso machine was a nice touch and was equipped with Illy coffee capsules. The marble bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a sliding wooden door. You first walk into a large room with a sink and a large tub (with a view), then there are 2 semi-transparent doors for the toilet and shower.
I’d like to note here that all the requests made to the E-concierge had been observed (Non Allergic bedding, Empty Mini bar, etc). My mom loved the rooms and they definitely made up for the issue at check in.

Room Service:
House Keeping usually pass around in the morning and if you are in the room, they’ll slip a note under the door saying they’ll be back in the evening. You also have the option of calling them whenever you like during the day. We did this when we went down and came up to find the rooms ready.
Room service was prompt and everything was served piping hot.

Restaurant “18”:
Breakfast: Quite a large variety but can be hectic depending on the time. We found 8 am to be a great time for breakfast. They do have a system where you can order from the menu and it will get served to your table. We found this a better option when the restaurant was crowded. Service is swift and drinks are served quickly and made well. It was a good start to the day.
Lunch: The restaurant was quiet, but bright & airy. We ordered from a set menu and the food was well executed and beautifully presented. We tried dishes from several cuisines and they are one of the few restaurants that manage to excel in more than one cuisine. The Salmon Fillet and chicken liver dishes in particular were great. Service was friendly and special mention goes to Steven who was a delight and very knowledge about the menu. Desserts left a lot to be desired.
Dinner: Same as lunch, but with more of a romantic feel. I wish the weather had been a bit more pleasant as we would have loved to sit outside suspended over 18 floors :)

The Lounge:
On the 2nd day, we skipped lunch and ordered afternoon tea here. Service was professional. The scones were very late and a bit crunchy and there was a mix up with the sandwiches (“Salmon Brioche, Protein bread sandwiches” were explained to be one thing as the cucumber is in fact the “protein” in the “salmon brioche sandwich”- come on!). This situation was salvaged by the restaurant manager who offered her apologies and cheese sandwiches instead.

Overall:
All in all we did have a lovely stay. It does feel as though excellent customer service is definitely a recurring saving grace in several areas in the hotel. However, I consider this a positive as the hotel is still relatively new and finding its pace. It was an enjoyable stay & I believe we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share with us feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused during your stay, it was not intentional. We are happy to learn that our front office team professionally managed to resolve a challenging situation, as it is our constant endeavour to create comfortable and memorable experiences for all who stay with us. Also we are thrilled to share with you that 18 degrees recently won the Best Modern European Restaurant, Abu Dhabi by What's On awards 2013.

Thank you for your valuable review. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Ashwini Kumar

Been to Hyatt Capital Gate? Share your experiences!