“Absolutely Stunning Resort Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas

You added Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Khalifa Highway (E 12 Road), Jazirat As Saadiyat, Abu Dhabi 52007, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Barcelona, Spain
“Absolutely Stunning Resort Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi last February for 8 days. The check-in experience was up to our expectations, excellent service, attention to detail and personalized service by staff with great attitude at all times made our stay in the hotel unforgettable. We stayed in the Beach View Suite with a private plunge pool, and it was just amazing. Very spacious and with a very home feel, bright colors and very contemporary luxury style. We love it. Wifi was free and worked very well across the hotel. Beach is without no doubt the best in the UAE, we have been in Dubai and Fujeirah, and Saadiyat beach is by far the best one. White sand, turquoise water, and the best part, if you are lucky you will get to see dolphins early in the morning. There is a resident marine biologist keen to talk to any guest about the marine life of Saadiyat Island. We found it very unique! The gym is well equipped and the spa therapist were very professional. The restaurants were exceptional, the park bar and grill menu’s has a huge variety and the rooftop bar was the perfect venue for a sundowner drink. We are planning our next holiday to Abu Dhabi, and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Definitely a Suite with a private plunge pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Yolanda

Thank you for your lovely review. The Beach View suite is one of our most popular for exactly the reasons you mention – to look directly onto the beach and the best spot to see dolphins swim by.

Best regards,

Stuart Deeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
Triesen, Liechtenstein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had expected a lot from this hotel, based on reviews from here. Usually I end up disappointed when experiencing it in person. This was not the case here. The hotel is quite simply incredible, the rooms are large and spacious, the pool area is great, service is far beyond expectation (and I expected a lot!). The choice of foods in the breakfast and dinner buffet (in the "Café" restaurant) was great.

The Park Bar and Grill was also good, and less pricey than I expected (about 40 EUR for a steak). The terrace of the Park Bar is a great place for an evening cocktail before (or after) dinner. Sundowner cocktails in front of "The beach house" is an absolute must, it is a beautiful setting, providing an excellent view of the sunset on the beach. I would recommend reserving a table early here though, the best tables are reserved rather quickly.

The beach itself was also way beyond expectations. In fact, it was one of the best beaches I have ever been to! I went running there almost every morning, having the entire 6km stretch of beach all for myself.

All in all, best hotel experience I ever had. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a pool-side room. Views are great all around, but since the hotel area is so nice...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Azeteg,

Your wonderful review is much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time and all aspects of the hotel.

Best regards,

Stuart Deeson
Saumur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

On the way back to France From Nepal, we had a stop at Abu Dhabi Airport and the opportunity to stay a few days at UAE...
How lucky we were to spend 4 days at Park Hyatt Saadiyat Island...
Last november 2012 it was hot (36°) and sunny, the sea was warm (29° around)...

It's a luxurous hotel with a REAL BEACH, the sea is just in front of the resort, the room with sea view was nice with big terrace, high tech' equipped, just perfect...
Please don't have communicating room cause it could be noisy sometimes, but except that, every attention was perfect.
You feel to be on a dream place, with well trained and very polite team, perfect garden, many many swimming pools and the grey blue sea, with waves, from Atlantique, heat on top !

Breakfast at the room or at wonderfull buffet was great experience !

Diner at terrace or at restaurants... Luxurious world !
Spa and so on...

We travel a lot around the world and this is a perfect place, try it !

Love Hyatt resorts !

Just enjoy !

Room Tip: Room with a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Laure

Your kind words are much appreciated and thank you for staying with us on your way back from Nepal.

Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I can suggest it to anyone. It is worth it.

I got there only positive emotions. The atmosphere is very relaxing and stuffs are very helpful and responsive. The beach and the water was the clearest I have ever seen. I have visited many place all around the world – Turkey, Thailand , Bali, Greece, Tunis, Italy, Canary Islands, USA, Spain etc., but have never seen that the water stay clear from the morning till night. The hotel rooms and service were excellent.

The only minus which I can mention here is the extra high prices for food and drinks at the restaurants of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Suzil,

Thank you for your kind words. I agree that anyone would be hard pushed to find such a wonderful beach. We are fast approaching turtle nesting season so we are expecting some nests there in the coming weeks. I am delighted you enjoyed the service as well.

Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We flew to Dubai and wer brought to the Park Hyatt (1 hour 15 minutes) in Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island in the middle of the night, the receptionists took us to our villa by buggy and showed us around a bit. Next morning we fully discovered the beautiful surroundings.
The hotel sits right at the beach with miles to go for walks, almost no people there. the hotel provides beach chairs and umbrellas for guests. Everything is well maintained, the garden and several pool areas are impeccable.
Breakfast outside was a delicious buffet treat with tons of various rolls, breads, muffins, cereals, cakes, fruit and warm dishes.
A trip to the city is only a 10 minute taxi drive. Make sure to know the address of the hotel as not all taxi drivers know of the relatively new hotel on that island.

We booked a two bedroom villa with a private pool and seaview and it was just perfect!! very spacious and clean, providing a nespresso machine and tea facilities as well as fresh fruit every day.

I saw that there is a playgound for smaller children and also a kids club.

There is nothing you could possibly do wrong when booking the Park Hyatt and it is a miracle to me that some guests are complaining about 'nothing to do except relax'.
A trip to Dubai takes only an hour if you are up for more action.

The only thing that's not so great are the prices for lunch and dinner meals, the food is excellent but the portions are small and expensive.

We liked the realaxed atmosphere and the 5 star luxury ambiente at the Park Hyatt a lot! A special thanks goes to the receptionists and concierges, they went out of their way to help with lost luggage issues and taxi drivers who could not find their way to the hotel. We felt really taken care of. :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Leolimoncello,

I am grateful for such an extensive and detailed report. In short, thank you, your words are a delight to read, especially from such an extensive traveler and reviewer.

Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is an edited version of my review. It was edited because the hotel called and sincerely apologized. They also attempted to offer compensation for my experience (which I didn’t accept). The purpose of such reviews is to be as a lesson learnt, and it’s a motive for hotels to strive to achieve excellence.

I visited this hotel to attend business meetings. The hotel is nicely built. My only comment was on the signage which needs to be improved; had to ask multiple times how to get around.

Location: Hotel location may be considered good and bad: good in the sense it's isolated and thus: quiet. Bad, it's far away from the city. Abu Dhabi is about 20-25 minutes’ drive.

Check-in: I’ve faced this issue with multiple other hotels including this one. One thing that I don't get is when hotel check-in personnel don't understand what they've got to do if the guest checking-in is a Photographer. I've politely asked the check-in clerk for a room with a nice view, as I’m a photographer (as a hobby, not a profession). Guess what she offers me? The worst view in the hotel, a view of the desert!!! Well, too bad for the hotel, I could have taken real good shots that would be free marketing for the hotel. Too late now, I've actually taken good shots at the pools that I may publish on Flickr later.

Restaurants and cafes: breakfast has been good, great variety - I liked it. In fact, there's a waitress (so sorry that I didn't get her name) that memorized our drink preferences the first morning we arrived there, and served us this same drink every other morning. Lunch buffets: were not that good, however, the crème-brulee dessert was great. Dinners: BBQ dinner, seated dinner were real good. I’ve also tried the Grill restaurant, the steak & tuna were actually good. However, don't order pasta, it's tasteless. Some of our colleagues who like to smoke shisha complained that the hotel don't have a shisha outlet, and had to drive to a nearby hotel to get some.

Facilities: have to admit, the pools are NICE! The gym was well equipped, however, to go there early hours in the morning; you need to do a bit of exploration, because the spa access that leads to the gym is closed!

Service: In general the service was just okay, mainly during breakfast and lunch. However, I’ve had 3 bad experiences within 2 days:

(1) I've called the front desk multiple times during the day requesting an hour or two of late check-out. They suggested I call back in the morning till they finalize the occupancy forecast, which was a bit surprising, because my colleague (a female) was offered such check-out on the spot just few minutes beforehand. I called back in the morning, Mr. F. picks up (name masked based on hotel request), and says, we don't do late check-out's (which I knew to be not true, because my colleague got one). I asked Mr. F, this is contradictory to what your colleagues told me, but he claimed that the hotel is fully booked! For a hotel with 306 rooms, the chances that the room is desperately needed at the time I was requesting are quiet low. Out of curiosity, I attempted to make an online booking, and I was right: the hotel has availability - in all types of rooms. So, the message here to Hyatt, if you don't want to offer your customers late check-out, at least provide them with valid rational behind it. I called Mr F. back to inform him of my finding, but unfortunately didn't seem to care.

(2) We arrived at the doorstep of the Grill restaurant one night, and the hostess asked if we had a reservation? We explained that we’re hotel guests! But she argued, we’re fully booked (during the weekday). I looked behind her and the place had just few people in! Upon requesting to speak to the manager, he had us seated, and apologized to us, and explained that she was wrong! Well, the restaurant remained not fully occupied till we left.

(3) At 11:30PM on one night, I was out near the swimming pools taking photos. Someone from the hotel approached me and asked rudely “Are you in house?” Initially, I didn’t get what that means, but after arguing for a while, I realized that this person thought I sneaked into the hotel!! Well, that was embarrassing because it made wonder why he thought I’d want to sneak into an isolated hotel at this late hour of the night. If I really was, I’m smarter than drawing attention by taking pictures! I finally, told the person: “Yes, I am in house”, and then he just walked away. I was stunned, what’s the point of asking if he didn’t check. I would have also said yes if I sneaked in! It was a very weird conversation.

If you're a hotel visitor, I hope you find this useful. If you're a hotel manager, please fix the issues mentioned above, because I know Hyatt can do better.

Regards,

Ayoub

Room Tip: Request pool view room, which would consequently give you a sea view too. You may get some ugly dese...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ayoub,

Thank you for your extensive review of the hotel. I am pleased that you managed to talk to one of our Managers to discuss your experiences further. In response to your specific points, we do try and be flexible with late check outs but we do run high occupancies most days which makes this challenging. Many of the European flights land early and we do our best to accommodate these guests as quickly as we can after their flights. The Grill is also a very busy restaurant and although we do our best to accommodate guests with no reservations it is not always possible. I apologise if these situations were not explained in a professional manner.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi is located on up and coming and secluded Saadiyat Island. Besides the Park Hyatt, the only other hotel at the current time is the St. Regis Abu Dhabi. There are residences located on the island, but it is slated to become the cultural center of Abu Dhabi with a Guggenheim Museum and a branch of the Louvre to open in the future.

The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi is located about 10-15 minutes away from the Corniche.

I arrived at the hotel about 3:00 PM but was told that my room would not be ready for another 30 minutes or so. It should be noted that check-in time is 2:00 PM.

My room was finally ready after 4:00 PM. Unfortunately check-in was not as smooth as I had hoped. I asked about getting a 4:00 PM check-out but was told that I would have to check with the manager on the day of check-out. I tried to explain that it was one of the benefits of being a Hyatt Diamond member, but the front desk agent wouldn’t hear any of it. After several more minutes of discussion I realized that what she was trying to tell me was that if I wished to extend my check-out past 4:00 PM then I would have to check with the manager. Breakfast benefits were not explained at the time of check-in. I also was not given a choice of an amenity at the time of check-in, but the front desk agent did see me later in the lobby and asked what type of amenity I would like.

I was shown to my room by another employee. I was upgraded to a Sea View King. I tried using a Suite Upgrade but the hotel was almost sold out and no suites were available at the time of my stay.

Upon entering the room, there is a hallway with a room divider. When walking straight, there is a sideboard with a counter that holds the coffee maker and the mini-bar. There was also a bowl of fruit containing a banana, orange, apple and plum.

Past the sideboard is the desk which also has a large glass countertop that is useful for extra storage. The desk is somewhat on the small side but the extra counter space is a big help. Wifi was unreliable and slow when connected.

To the left of the desk is a chaise lounge chair with a small table.

Next to that is the bed, which is super soft and comfortable. The linens are high quality as well.

To the left of the bed is the bathroom. There is a large sliding glass door between the bed and bathroom for some privacy.

There are two sinks with limited counter space.

Directly behind the sinks is a large tub.

Next to the tub is a dual shower – a rainfall shower head, or a regular shower head. There are Le Labo bath products.

Walking through the bathroom is the closet which is also fairly spacious. One especially useful item in the closet is a rechargeable flashlight that can be helpful when not familiar with a new room at night. There is also a sliding glass door between the closet and bathroom.

The toilet area has a toilet, bidet and small sink. The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi proudly features Hans Grohe fixtures.

The room also features a large balcony area with a chair, small table and large lounge chair/sofa/bed.

The view from the balcony overlooks the property and the beach. Unfortunately the beach was closed during my stay due to an oil spill.

The property features a lagoon, as well as two infinity pools, although the larger of the two pools is for show only as no swimming is allowed. The pool is only about a foot deep.

There are lounge chairs spread throughout the property.

There are also lounge chairs set up on the beach.

The gym and spa are located somewhat close to the front desk. The gym is of decent size and includes a small free weight section, machines and cardio equipment.

There is also a spa pool.

The spa includes a hydrotherapy pool and steam rooms. I did not partake in any spa services so cannot provide any further information.

Breakfast is located in The Café. Unfortunately this is where a major service flaw arose.

Upon being seated I asked the server what was included for Diamond members, was it just the buffet, or the buffet and an item off of the menu as is often the case. She said that I could either pay for breakfast using Hyatt Gold Passport points or to charge it to my room. After further inquiry, she admitted that she did not know the answer and went to get the hostess. The hostess did not know either and went to ask a front desk manager. She came and informed me that breakfast included either 1,000 extra Hyatt Gold Passport points, or a food and beverage amenity.

Another server, Putu came over and informed me that breakfast for Diamond member included the buffet as well as an item off of the menu. It is somewhat disconcerting that only one server seemed to know what the breakfast benefit is for Diamond members. Not the type of thing one would expect at a 5 star hotel.

The breakfast buffet is expansive with fresh fruit, fresh juices, cereal, yogurt, museli, pastries, breads, muffins, hummus, salad, vegetables, smoked meat and fish, cold cuts, and hot items including boiled eggs, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, beef bacon, potatoes, and a cooked to order egg station.

The Café also serves a dinner buffet for ~$50 including tax and service charge, which I thought was a pretty good deal. There were two types of fresh fish, roasted chicken, leg of lamb, roast beef, steak, meatballs, chicken tikka, Kung Pao chicken, as well as several other meat dishes. There is an expansive salad bar, veggies, rice, potatoes, fresh fruit and an expansive dessert spread. There is also a small section directed towards kids with spaghetti, pizza and chicken fingers.

We did run into several issues during our stay at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, which had absolutely nothing to do with the hotel itself. The managers and employees went way above the call of duty in helping to deal with the situations.

One was a medical problem. One of the managers, Pablo, was an absolute super star in managing the situation. He and the staff handled everything with the utmost professionalism and caring. We cannot thank him enough for all of his efforts.

The other issue was a personal one. Without going into detail, I want to personally thank Kitty, one of the kitchen staff for all of her help. My wife and her family will be forever indebted for the caring and support that she provided.

Although this stay was a roller coaster as far as service goes, when it came to the important things the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi showed why it is a 5 star hotel, and why it has been named the Best Luxury Hideaway Resort.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mystery Traveller,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. Your detailed explanations and photos will be very useful to prospective visitors. I am pleased that our team made you feel comfortable and that you feel we are worthy winners of the ‘Best Luxury Hideaway Resort’. I hope we can welcome you back soon.