“great food and a good service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,618 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
“great food and a good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

after hearing so much about rangoli i try the very famous ala carte brunch the food was amazing service was good and staff were friendly must try the biryani very diffrent from others india restaurants we wil definetly come back soon

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear aamil,

Thank you very much for visiting our beloved Rangoli, I am glad that you found the brunch unique and memorable.

Our service and culinary team works hard to offer an unforgettable experience to all of our guests and the recognition of their efforts is highly appreciated. Your compliments for our staff have been shared with them and they are delighted to hear the same.

Thank you for giving us a try and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for dinner or for brunch.

Shukriya!

Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
“Nice atmosphere but poor food taste!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am from Pakistan and you can say that Indian/Pakistani is my home cuisine. After reading so many good reviews we decided to go there at the Friday Brunch. We were utterly disappointed!! The food taste was just really really poor! Except for the appetizers the food is not even near the authentic Indian taste! We ordered Chicken biryani which was tasteless, Lamb Bhunna which was too sweet and the lamb was stiff, one shrimp one (dont remember the name) and it tasted awful! For dessert we ordered Ras Malai which is my favorite and I was shocked to find it really chewy and rubber like! Thats not Ras Malai at all..!!!
To be honest a dhabba (street restaurent) has much better food taste than this one! We will definitely NOT recommend this to our friends! :(

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Rabia K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reviewing Rangoli. I am indeed very sorry that you were not at all satisfied with our Friday Brunch.

All your comments shall be shared with the Culinary team and we shall look at what could have gone wrong. Our only wish is that you would give us another opportunity to serve you as I am sure you will have a completely different opinion. Please contact me at any time and I shall be happy to make arrangements for you.

Respectfully yours,

Maneeshdev GV
South Africa
“A la cart buffet - makes the buffet experience a first class experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On a bored afternoon i bought some group vouchers for places nearby our new home - not thinking much about the actual place BUT then i went to Rangoli - and it was such an awesome experience

The maitre d takes you to your reserved seat (with group on you had to pre book), where you are given menus - the choice is not as huge as a typical buffet but i felt the aim was quality over quantity
]the kitchen made each order as it arrived so not batch cooking which meant each dish was purposely flavourful

the food portions that arrive at your table where enough for one so you could happily order the whole menu or re-order something you enjoyed

each dish was unique and tasty
and i loved the option of ordering whatever you wanted -yet still knowing large amounts of food won't go to waste at this buffet

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Devendree,

Namaskar!!

It pleases me to hear such positive feedback about our dining venue and I’m glad that you found the brunch in Rangoli unique and was memorable. Your compliments for our staff have been shared with them and they are delighted to hear the same.

It was a pleasure to have served you and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Sincerely yours,

“Truly Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Simply nice and great tast of Asia
Will defiantly recommend if your really looking for Indian taste
Nice view really Rangoli with colorful deco

• Visited June 2013
Dear Unionjac,

Thanks for taking time out to review us. We are blessed with many customers like you who love the cuisine and appreciate our sincere service and ambience.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back for another dining experience that you will certainly enjoy.

Shukriya!!

Faridabad, India
“Food, Ambiance & Service- Simply Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was my first visit to Rangoli and I must say I would definitely wish to visit there again. I went there with my parents and found the place and ambiance perfect for a dinner. The food scores a complete 10 in terms of taste and presentation... I relished the starters and main course served as it had the perfect Indian flavor. My recommendation would be Veg. biryani, achari paneer and carrot brownie, that i simply loved. A special thanks to Chef Raheja for offering mouth-watering food and Sanjeetha for being a lovely hostess..... :)
A Delightful experience indeed!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Neha_8688,

Namaste!!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback and taking the time to review our beloved restaurant.

I am truly touched to read how much you appreciated the Food variety and services provided by our team, especially to our speciality Chef N. Raheja and hostess Sanjitha.

Hamari Shubh-kaamnayen,