“Grand Prix weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi

You added Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8th Street | Tourist Club Area, Opposite Abu Dhabi Municipality, Abu Dhabi 107523, United Arab Emirates (Formerly Cristal Salam Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #12 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Grand Prix weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in the Cristal Salam for 5 nights over the Grand Prix weekend and found it to be excellent. The staff were all extremely helpful and polite, the bed exceptionally comfortable and the pillows very good quality which is important for a good nights sleep! We had breakfast there every morning and it was very good. Everything you would expect to find was available and the staff there were brilliant. The hotel is in walking distance from the Abu Dhabi mall if you want to shop and it was only half an hour from the Yas Marina circuit. We had a meal in the restaurant one evening which was good but it was very quiet. We felt it could have been better advertised as not everyone in our group knew it was there, a menu at reception would be helpful. A very enjoyable stay, thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us such detailed positive feedback ranging from our comfortable beds, "brilliant" staff, good food to our central location.

Your idea to keep a menu handy at our Reception has been implemented! Thanks for that!

We hope to welcome you back for the next F1 race, or even sooner.

Cristal Abu Dhabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in Nov 2012 for 4 days and the reception staff were very helpful and the hotel is near to the Abu Dhabi Mall. I didnt choose the breakfast option but I believe it is also veryu good. The gym on the 9th floor is in good use and also has a spa facilities like various massage treatments as well as sauna and steamroom for both men and women. The rooftop pool is on the 10th floor and is open from 8 am to 6pm after which the adjacent bar called Vertical opens and drinks are served. Nice view from the top. I had a classic Ruby room and it was very nicely decor. The room was made up very nicely by guy called Mahesh who tidied up everything and msde the beds etc always in immaculate condition. The hotel also gives free wireless and wired internet access throughout the hotel including rooms which is very convenient.
In summary, its a nice neat hotel suited both to business customers as well as solo travellers.

Room Tip: Ruby room is good with a desk, double bed, two single armchairs, big bathroom and flat screen tv and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed for 3 days and I met nothing but the nicest most polite people working in the hotel. I went for medical reasons for my son and one of his appointments ran longer. They were kind enough to extend my time for a later check out.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We will be headed to AD in a few months again and i will defiantly be staying at Cristals Salam.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Cristal Hotel, guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected of us.

It is always very rewarding for the entire team to know that Cristal Salam Hotel will be your first choice in Abu Dhabi.

Furthermore, if there is anyways that we can be of further assistance on your next visit, please do let us know.

Sarah Argañosa
Sales Coordinator
Cristal Hotels
ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I’ve been travelling in the Middle East and stayed at several 4* and 5* hotel. But this hotel is exceptional. I never write a comment for the previous hotels I stayed but Cristal deserves my “first hand-experience”.

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a meeting, after a long day at work coming back to hotel was really impressing!!! Great staff with a big smile is waiting for you when you enter this hotel which for me helps me feel comfortable away from home.

Their rooms have a modern interior design and most comfortable bed ever after a long days work! The restaurant is good but little over priced. They also have a mini coffee shop near the front desk area. The good thing about this hotel is they have a complimentary Wi-Fi access in rooms and public areas which is A+ for a business traveler like me. And a cozy bar at the 10th floor. Sad thing I haven’t tried their massage though.

Just to share when I had an issue during my first day in the hotel and seem that the staff can’t sort it, I asked for a manager at the desk, I still remember a young lady came out from the office. At first I under estimated her as I thought she was just an ordinary staff at the desk as she was wearing the same uniform with others. She “humbly” introduces herself as the front desk supervisor, Anne. I would like to highlight this to Cristal Management. She has done an excellent job! She has a customized service which is really impressing for me and you will not find this in other hotels, she is very attentive and passionate.Great leadership, best example to others. Big thanks to you Anne you made my stay stress free and memorable. Kudos to Cristal Management.

I will come and visit this place again for a holiday with my family. I would definitely recommend your hotel to all my friends and partners.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments on Anne, who is certainly one of the many stars we have shining bright on our team.
Your good experiences also with our wi fi services, & comfortable beds have been received gratefully.
Besides the Spa & massage services that you missed on your short stay, you will have to return again to experience the flavours at our Korean restaurant- SURA, & our two karoake rooms!

We look forward to welcoming you & your friends that you have promised to send our way!

kuala lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

As always, having checked out reviews from tripadvisor forum before embarking/booking on hotels wherever we go, we were truly impressed with this hotel's services. Staff such as Ann, George, and some others whom I have forgotten the names but whose faces leave a memorable impressions because of their friendliness and helpfulness; my husband and I are very glad that we had stayed at this hotel. This will definitely not be the last visit. Next year, we hope to go to London and Europe and will surely make a stopover here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We feel very grateful for your good comments and just recently, we are so pleased to be ranked #2 among all hotels in Abu Dhabi in Trip Advisor. Cristal Salam Hotel is classified as a 4* property, but the services and facilities are truly aligned with other 5* hotels. Our outstanding employees never get tired of providing excellent and warm hospitality to our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review, I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cristal Hotel sometime in the near future.

Sarah Argañosa
Sales Coordinator
Cristal Hotels, Abu Dhabi
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had the most wonderful two nights at the Cristal Salam. Staffs are welcomed warmly . Excellent room with the most comfortable bed . Top notch facilities and central location. The staff are wonderful - very friendly and helpful. . An excellent for the cleanliness. ; )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Clean, attractive and very comfortable rooms. Tasty Salmon meal in the restaurant, two great nights in the Vertical Bar and impressive, helpful service all round. The only problem we experienced was that the taxi driver didn't know where it was...Take a map.

Room Tip: We had two adjoining rooms as we had children with us. This worked out the perfect arrangement.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kamal F, General Manager at Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on our tasty food, & your positive experience at Vertical Wine Bar.

As our hotel is relatively new, some taxi drivers maybe unaware of it's location, or get it mixed up with our sister hotel which has been operational the last 3 years.
Best way to make it clear is to remember that this hotel is OFF Salam Street, a major road that runs right through the island, & also that it is about 500m from Abu Dhabi mall, one of the two best known malls in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back, & promise you an even "greater stay!"

Cristal Abu Dhabi

Been to Ramada Downtown Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!