“It's a Smoker's hub. Non-smokers must not come.” 2 of 5 stars

Emirates Plaza Hotel
3rd St, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #101 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“It's a Smoker's hub. Non-smokers must not come.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was the first time I booked this hotel and I would say it will be the last time as well. I asked for a high floor, non smoking room and they gave me room-708. It was November 1st on a weekend and everyone was on a holloween party spirit so I can understand the loud noise coming from the bar (I assume it was at the above floor). Although at some point I was awaken in the middle of the night by screaming guests singing their heart out.
What I totally didn't like about Emirates Plaza Hotel was its bad air handling unit. It was 2AM when I was awaken by passers by at the corridor and I immediately notice my whole room was smelling like a pub. I don't know where the strong cigarette smell from but it was very strong I couldn't go back to sleep. I tried opening the toilet door hoping the exhaust fan would kill the bad smell but didn't work. It was a nightmare for a non-smoker like me. I will never go back to this hotel. Ever!
Pros:
- Big bed
- With bath tub

MORE Cons:
- No hotel parking
- Impolite security guard

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business

Been to Emirates Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emirates Plaza Hotel

Address: 3rd St, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Location: United Arab Emirates > Emirate of Abu Dhabi > Abu Dhabi
Ranked #101 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Emirates Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Emirates Plaza Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.