The most important fact regarding this trip is its price which is camouflaged carefully. It is 170 AED per head. All this for a barely 1.5 hour trip. It is not worth a dirham more than 30 and I'll tell you why.
Let me take you through the itinerary.
1. Room with some pictures of falcons and some info of breeds. One guy holding a passport for the falcon (to be used when it is being transported) who takes 15 mins to explain it.
2. 45 min affair. Falcons are seated in a room. They take one falcon. Anesthetic is administered and they cut and file its talons. Very crowded. You can hardly see this unless you are lucky enough to get close. The falcon is then awakened. Then you get to hold a falcon and take pictures with it. This is available in many malls and desert camps for a measly 10 aed.
3. You get to peep through a small glass window into an Operation Theater where a procedure is happening. You can hardly see anything. They show some internal organs on an endoscope. 3 mins duration.
4. They take you to their awards shelf and explain the awards. 5 mins.
5. A large cage where falcons are kept during the time they change feathers. No sign of the feathers or no visible difference on the falcons either. Hardly anything to see or learn here. 10 mins.
6. Owl cage. 2 owls in a small cage. 5 mins.
7. A single room museum with pictures of the rulers holding falcons. 5 mins. Thats it.
Will you pay 170 AED per person for this? I paid 680 AED for 4 people and I feel this was daylight robbery. I am not saying that I didn't learn anything or see anything I hadn't seen before. But certainly nothing spectacular enough to warrant that price.
If you own or manage Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.