“Incapable of keeping reservation” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Incapable of keeping reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Is this restaurant suitable for a celebratory meal? Would you expect the staff to understand the meaning of reserve an outdoor booth for a family of four for lunch? Unfortunately for my family, the staff were unable to deliver such a basic service which even any respectable restaurant is capable of. It spoilt the celebratory lunch I had planned for my father, and left a distaste that cannot be erased by any amount of apologies from the staff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worth the experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a fantastic restaurant if you want to eat Emirati food and experience the best. The menu has variety of options you can choose from. I have tried the lamb biryani and lamb salona which is a typical daily local food. The taste is wonderful, and the food is very light compared to the Emirati home cooked food. They also offer mixture of some Lebanese, Moroccan and western selections. You can have chicken wings, rocket leaves salad with lobster or samosa. The price is reasonable for a luxury hotel about AED 140-130 ($35) for the main course. We were 3 and paid about AED 510.

Highly recommended if you want to taste local Emirati dish. My recommendation avoid any other meals in the menu and stick to the Emirati dish since you came for that experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cessnock, Australia
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We celebrated my husbands birthday in this lovely restaurant in December and the experience was perfect from arrival at the hotel to departure.
We were assisted in choosing dishes by Abdul and I chose the mezze plate for an entree and the lamb and chicken grilled meat dish for a main. My husband had the scallops for an entree and the Oman lobster for a main. Neither of us could fault any of these dishes.
We chose coffee only to end the meal but before we were served we heard the sound of approaching music and not only was my husband serenaded with happy birthday but he was presented with an individual birthday cake with glowing candle.
The experience of visiting this amazing hotel just added to the whole experience , it would be impossible to not enjoy sitting outside at a table in a tent being served dinner on a lovely evening. Thank you to Abdul for making our evening so special and we hope to visit again one day soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recommend Mezlai for tourists, it is awesome, serves emirati traditiona and has an access to emirates palace garden

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“LOVED IT! Romantic. Perfect service. Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant.
Yes, it is pricey, but totally worth every dirham.

I went with my boyfriend. We reserved a cute tent with view of the fountain. Could fit 6 but we were two so we were extra confy in the middle of all the pillows.
We had two non-alcoholic cocktails (they di serve alcohol, we just did not feel like it) and a cold mezze tasting. All the sauces were amazing.
I had a Lamb Biryani, the best lamb of my life.
If you go I highly suggest it!

My boyfriend had a lamb dish, also really good, but I think my dish was just extraordinary.
We did not have desert because we were just too stuffed.
The staff was incredibly friendly and polite, the setting is gorgeous. Quiet, perfect for romantic dinner.

Go here. I swear you won't regret it!

Visited December 2013