“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Spent a weekend at Sofitel Abu Dhabi and all I can say is that I enjoyed it very much . The staff is very polite and professional our check in went smoothly and switfly and all our questions were answered. The room is very nice (Not very spacious though) but we had a nice view over Abu Dhabi .I personally am a Fan of the black and white color palette So it was great ! Open/Transparent bathroom is also pleasant changes from the ususal four wall classic one . We came down for brunch ! and Oh what a choice ! There is alot to choose from (Chinese,Sea Food, Arabic,International etc..) . My only dissapointment was the dessert some of them didnt look too fresh .... Pool is nice super pleasant ( I wish there was more sun !) . Breakfast the next day was nice ( Croissant were a bit dry!) . Overall nice stay would come back for sure !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

We would like to thank you for giving us review of our hotel. We all share customer feedback with the management team and employees, who work hard to ensure that all our customers enjoy the experience we offer.

Hence, Please allow me to express my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced about the food. With regards to the pool, it is one of our challenges, however, a complimentary shuttle will take you to the beach if you want as well.

Thank you once again and We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Melle , Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

A wonderful experience in a brand new and modern hotel. We booked a standard room and got an upgrade to a club room. Especially the view over the Gulf was magnificent as well in day as night time. The room was perfect , with spacious bathroom.
The staff is doing their job in a professional way and with a friendly smile. We want to thank especially the staff of the Millesime club where we could enjoy a perfect breakfast and snacks during the day.
The swimming pool is a nice one, maybe pity that it is surrounded by huge buildings. For us no problem because we only take a swim at evening time after visiting the area. Since distances are big in this city so you need mostly a taxi but they are really cheap. The hotels offers a complimentary transfer to the beach and the Marina Mall.

Room Tip: Try to have a room on the Guld site.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you liked our hotel and our rooms. As a luxury hotel, we constantly strive to provide 5-star service to our guests. I hope that you will try the other restaurants on your next visit. We have a couple of award winning ones and I'm sure that you will not be disappointed.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is simply excellent. Every member of staff was courteous, polite and went the extra mile to deliver quality service. My room was spacious with an amazing view of the sea. It is in a very prime location and access to almost every part of Abu Dhabi is just minutes away. After making the reservation, I called the hotel on the morning of the day I was to check in and made some requests. I was on vacation with my girlfriend when we visited and I planned to propose to her but I was completely out of ideas. I let the hotel customer care reps in on the general plan and they made some suggestions. We arrived the hotel at 6pm and the reception blew me away. We were taken to the 007-esque Club Milleseme on the 36th floor where they informed us that we were the Guest of the Day (guess who was pleasantly surprised). We finally checked in after some wine and treats then stepped out for a romantic candle-lit dinner by 8pm at their lovely Thai cuisine restaurant - aptly named Silk and Spice, I proposed to her with a ring that was nicely sited in a platter containing an assortment of fruits at the end of the 3rd course ...and yes, she said yes. We got back to our room after dinner and the floor was adorned with rose petals from the door to the bed with candles and deco love swans all over the place. Needless to say, the rest of our stay there was truly memorable. It's a hotel I would easily recommend to anyone that wants an experience way above very good.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, Congratulations on your Engagement! We are so delighted for you and It is a pleasure that SOFITEL has been a part of your Sucessful Marriage Proposal!

It warms my heart to know that the team's hard work is appreciated. Your comments will be shared with everyone as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I hope that you visit us soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is awesome and location is in the middle of Abu Dhabi . My room was huge and the view is on the sea. The food was very delicious and fantastic. The negative points about this hotel that some staff there are upset with no reason .
We had waited for more than 15 minutes to check in as it was so busy and when we reached the receptionist she said that we have to wait for the room however we arrived late .
When we get the room key she did not apologize even for delay and she looks somehow upset !
In the restaurant I had asked for baby seat and it took more than 15 minutes to bring it .
Any how we had enjoyed the stay however the staff was not much nice to us .

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Le Brunch (Friday Brunch) provides a very nice authentic French and Arabic cuisine for its guest. The varity of food choice is good enough for a seafood lover, dessert lover or even a vegetarian. The foie gras is cooked to perfection.

The atmosphere here is very tranquil. It faces the Corniche. The nice view will make you fall in love with Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the food we served from Le Brunch.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel is very new, shiny and chic looking but there was lot that irritated me about it. The lighting in the room is very gloomy and awkward to control - there is no master switch by the bed for example. The bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a sliding panel through which the light floods (annoying for partner if you have to get up early and they don't!). There was no where sensible to plug in the hair dryer (note to management the mirror in the box is not practical for anyone trying to style their hair). Our room was located overlooking the roof of an adjacent building from which was a constant whirr of air conditioning units.

However, these are all relatively minor and to some extent personal to me - I can see many users of the hotel would not be bothered by them, but the poor design of the swimming pool area is criminal! It is surrounded on three sides by tall buildings and only gets the sun for a short period at the end of the day. The buildings also create a wind tunnel making it very windy and even cold at times. This is a great shame, because the pool area itself is lovely.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was not up to your expectations, your comments are well received by the hotel management. With regards to the pool, we are having a bit of a challenge with its location. However, we have a complimentary shuttle to the beach to compensate for the lack of sun.

I hope that you give us one more chance, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Currently I am staying in Room No – 1007 Sofitel hotel, (from 9th December to 25th December), hotel is very nice, I impressed more after having egg section brake fast, I saw one chef her name is Hari Maya, she makes very tasty varieties of egg brake fast, really I am very impressed, I strongly recommends to my co-workers “every time chose Sofitel hotel and every day have Tasty egg breakfast.

Thanks and Regards,

Maheswara Reddy.Kambam
Sr.Pipeline Engineer

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are extremely glad to know that your experience at the hotel was truly magnifique and that you enjoyed the services offered at the hotel specially the breakfast section.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful stay here at SOFITEL Hotel!

Nael El-Wary

Been to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche? Share your experiences!