“good overall stay...thanks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“good overall stay...thanks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

excellent stay all over, the rooms are excellent and the hotel is so clean.
location is great, view is good.
the hotel still almost new, i had good times in all location within the hotel.
pool is good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, November 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the rooms and our facilities. I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Thank you once again for your time, I look forward to welcoming you back!

800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

It was great experience in Sofitel specially corniche restaurant which is make u feel 5 star with quality and service smiley staff. Just say amazing And also I like to say thanks to the person, who assist me on my table sorry dear I don't remember your name. But thanks for everything and made my day for sure I will come back

• Stayed November 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked Corniche. Rest assured that your comments will be shared by the team so as to further encourage them.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

After the trip from hell with Etihad we arrive at 1am at the hotel. Slight issue at check in they had no non smoking king rooms available
1. First offer was a smoking king room hmm not the best offer travelling with a 1yr old and a 5 years old.......
2. Second offer Next offer was a twin room advised this was fine as long a "double" twins no just standard beds advised sorry just standard single therefore not suitable.
3. Third offer a twin room tonight and then move advise them not practical as where will 5 year old sleep and a hassle to move room

The hotel kindly upgraded us to a Suite! However I feel that I should not have had to go through the above for this to happen quite simply the hotel oversold itself although was fully aware of our late arrival.

The suite itself was sensational only complaint was it seemed to "share" the air con with next door a smoking room that was smoking and therefore for a day the room smelled of cigars!

That is where my negativity ends in particular the staff could not enough for us from getting just apple juice for our son at breakfast to the pool boys keep my baby daughter amused!!! Just a great experience and will be back!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if the initlal part of your stay did not start out so great. But I am glad that you enjoyed yourself despite the inconveniences. On your next stay, we will be sure to pre-prepare the room for your arrival.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My girl and I had a great night in Sofitel on the 7th. Staff were all extremely nice and accomodating. Room was very neat. We called the reception en route and asked for our room to be ready for check in, so no delays there! The hotel in general is very clean and well equipped. The prices are reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Only one drawback, a bit frustrating but our mood was too good to get ruined! In the late morning, circa 10 am, the window cleaning crew suddenly descended upon our windows! We were still in bend, mind you it was a friday morning, but by a stroke of luck we had closed the curtains! We were spared of embarassement thus. Hotel management should monitor these activities and inform room guests to avoid potentially awkward situations in the future. Let me close my review by summing up our experience: Great! Thank you Sofitel staff for a job well done! Keep it up!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the cleaning crew. Rest assured that proper communication guidelines have already been implemented to avoid the same incident happening again.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you again!

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was our first stay at a Sofitel and we were impressed. Good location if you need to be downtown near the corniche. Service was top notch as expected. Rooms are large, very well appointed and quiet. Excellent mattresses and linens and pillows. Amazing breakfast buffet, even the head chef came by our table to ask if we were pleased with our meal. Only negative is that the pool area is shaded by the towers until late afternoon. The water was cool and people were standing around shivering since you couldn't warm up in the sun after a dip. Blame this on the architect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you liked the hotel and our facilities. I will share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The sophistication of the hotel and the rooms is in line with the city, with a great location in Corniche. The rooms are spacious with a very exquisite bathtub and all the commodities of Sofitel, including the mattress and bed linen. The only point that diminish the experience is the Concierge, that is far to be as professional as the rest of the staff.. just as simple that when we requested recommendations for other attractions in the city or a restaurant to celebrate that night, we were misleading with a touch of disrespect and not a little intention to help. Fortunately that was just a detail and we moved forward to enjoy the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if your experience did not meet your expectations. As a luxury hotel, this is not the service that we want our guests to have. Rest assured that your comments have been taken on board and proper training is put in place to prevent future occurence.

Thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again!

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel Corniche for 4 nights over the F1 Grand Prix weekend. It was my first trip to Abu Dhabi and I have to say that my high expectations were more than surpassed by the hotel and the team. My Luxury Club Room was beautifully designed and spotlessly maintained with everything I could have needed. The staff were at all times exceptionally helpful and courteous, from the check in desk to the porters and the concierge team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and there was always a cheery greeting. A highlight of the trip was access to the Millesime Lounge, where each morning I was personally greeted for breakfast by the ever helpful Devender, whom I believe to be a shining example of Sofitel hospitality.

Room Tip: The Luxury Club Rooms are the ones to go for if you can.