“Just Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Just Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent hotel, nice big luxurious rooms, good restaurants, Pool and Poolbar. Breakfast buffet is just great. Would recommend the hotel for all kind of travellers who like that little extra. Excellent Service an all point facilities (especially from Jones Kiran on breakfast).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your experience with us. I am glad that you liked the hotel and the amenities that we have for guests. To enhance your leisure experience, we have a complimentary shuttle that will bring you to selected tourist destinations here in Abu Dhabi.

I am grateful for your support, I look forward to seeing you again!

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A week of course in Sofitel hotel with excellent buffet lunch sessions at the restaurant is a worthwhile experience. The hotel attendants stationed with the course center were always there and the tea break-times were always something to look forward to. Nice!

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked our meeting and banquet facilities, especially the lunch buffet and the coffee breaks. I hope that you will stop by the hotel to try our other restaurants as well.

Thank you for your support, I hope to see you again!

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

we had dinner at corniche restaurant today. the buffet was great with lots of varieties.
staff was very welcoming and always checking our satisfaction. the place is clean and quiet, décor is amazing.
the buffet was international, included Indian, Arabic , French and Moroccan dishes.
Jones Kiran was in charge of our table , he is a nice guy & very helpful , Thanks Kiran , appreciate it...
would certainly be pleased to see more seafood dishes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the dinner buffet at Corniche. I hope that on your next visit, you will be able to try our other restaurants in the hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent hotel, nice big luxurious rooms, good restaurants. Pool and poolbar are nice too. Free access to public beach and towels are a good extra. Breakfast buffet is just too much choice!! Would recommend the hotel for all kind of travellers who like that little extra.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, June 13, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and the extra amenities that we provide for guests. As a luxury hotel, it is good to know that we have met your expectations.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very well appointed new hotel, nice rooms lovely bathroom amenities and excellent breakfast BUT, what a tragedy that they forgot about a decent/21 century hairdryer. When (eventually) discovered it was in a cigar like box (!) it was very low watt (not up to the job) and one has to contort to a) see in the mirror on the roof of the box and b) at the same time keep one's thumb pressed on the controls to make it function. What a shame such a basic requirement was not as well thought out as so much else at this otherwise smart hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, June 12, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations on the equipment in the room. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope you'll give us the chance to serve you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for several months for business and I enjoyed every minute of it and was very impressed with the amazing staff who did everything they could to make me and my colleagues as comfortable as we could possibly be. Although the hotel architecture and design is lovely, it's the staff that makes staying in this hotel so worthwhile. The warm welcome from Mr. Hani Akkari and his front office reception staff and the ever helpful Mr. Erwin Rahim and his staff who go out of their way to give a lending hand makes this place a 'home away from home'. My only concern now is how high my expectations have become when staying at other hotels so they meet the exceptional services I was provided with at the Sofitel. If you want to enjoy being well looked after, I totally recommend this hotel! It is awesome!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate the kind words you wrote about the hotel, especially about our Ambassadors. I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us and we look forward to give you an even better experience on your next visit.

I am grateful for your support and I hope to see you again!

Llansaint, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am about to leave this hotel in a few days, having spent almost two weeks here.My wife has been working in the Abu Dhabi region for 5 weeks and has stayed here all of the time.I have just been visiting. My overall experience I must say has been excellent.The hotel is modern fresh and of a high standard throughout.The staff are very attentive and polite,they respond to any requests very quickly.Food served in the hotel again was wonderful, eating breakfast was an experience to look forward to each morning.Umesh and Mzamo the breakfast waiters were delightful making sure our tea was served hot everyday and greeting us with a smile on their faces each morning! The head chef frequently visited the dining during our stay to make sure things were satisfactory.I find it hard to criticise anything about the hotel,the only area I feel that could be improved was the swimming pool area.I would suggest that glassware (bottles tumblers) should be restricted to the adjacent bar area and drinks consumed there.Drinks to be consumed in plastic containers in or near the pool.Broken glass around or in pool not a good idea! Lastly I think there should be a list of basic rules on display in this area. For example because the pool is not that big ball games are not really appropriate the balls fly everywhere annoying people who just want to read, relax or sunbathe or swim.Suggestion to shower before entering the pool for hygiene purposes.Younger children to be supervised.Awareness to respect all guests enjoyment of the area.These last comments I hope do not give an impression of disatisfaction, they are not meant to be.Ive throughly enjoyed my time here and will return in the Autumn. Caerleon 67

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor!

The nice words that you wrote about the hotel and our Ambassadors are very inspiring to read. I also appreciate your comments about Chill'O, they have been noted down by the management team and investigations are underway.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Nael El-Wary

Been to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche? Share your experiences!