“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Luxury for a very good Value , great furnished rooms which are large and spacious. The service is good and the employees are very polite and the price is very acceptable for a 5 star hotel, needed to be more central though

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked the hotel, the rooms and the decor. Your kind words about our Ambassadors are very much appreciated.

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Nael El-Wary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Outstanding location, service is impeccable. Roof top pool (you don't get a lot of sun), but it's gorgeous. Free shuttle to and from Cornishe beach, I recommend gate5 for adults) they provide you with towels and lounger passes.
The room was spotless, and the bathroom, I wanted to live in, espcially the rain shower. Piping hot water for as long as you want. Conceirge is very friendly, they all are, very attentive. Food and drink prices as high, but everything is in Abu Dhabi. Next time I book, will defintely get breakfast included.

OMG, MUST do Emirates Adventures dune bashing. Not for the weak-stomached.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad to know that you liked the hotel, the facilities and the amenities that we have for guests. The shuttle to and from the Corniche Beach is a good option, especially now that summer is just around the corner.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, especially about our Ambassadors. I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hotel is located in one of best area in lovely Abu Dhabi city. I had very nice sea and cornich view. The room is vey confertable. Nice furniture colors. It is bit smaller than expected. Staff are almost all very friendly. I met the ground floor restaurant chief. He is very nice person, friendly moreover making vary tasty food. I had some concerns about house keeping and room cleaning. Always late and not proper. In general I did enjoy very much my stay,, looking forward to repeat again when I visit ABD.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad that you like the room, the views and the furniture. It is always a pleasure to read good comments about our Ambassadors, I will be sure to forward yours to our outlet chef.

I sincerely apologize if we have made your stay uncomfortable, this issue is already being addressed by the persons concerned.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This brand-new hotel has a lot going for it. In addition to being located near a lovely park stretching along the waterfront, the hotel also offers regular shuttles to the Corniche beaches and the Marina Mall.
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable, although a bit 'masculine' and businessy in design. But they are stocked with great Lanvin toiletries. As mentioned elsewhere, the beds are amazingly comfortable.
Every afternoon they have a man in traditional costume standing in the lobby offering guests and visitors alike fantastic coffee with cardamon, rosewater and saffron, and a plate of dates — a local specialty.
The staff is friendly, attentive and prompt, and the breakfast buffet is really spectacular.
The only downside — and it is a minor one — is that there is no in-room iron and the one housekeeping delivers is a pretty chintzy affair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor as a construction site across the road ruins what is otherwise a fa...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is a pleasure to know that you liked our rooms and the amenities that we have for guests. The Sofitel MyBed is one of our signature items and I'm glad to know that it has made your stay comfortable.

I will share your comments with the team, I'm sure this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We chose Sofitel in Abu Dhabi due to quite high ranks on tripadvisor and reasonable price for a 5 star hotel. Definitely Emirates Palace is the best one but my opinion it is a bit overpriced.

The room is not so big as in Dubai hotels but it is ok. Stylish bathroom with 2 doors.

We spend 3 nights in the hotel. The breakfast is very variable, it has a wide selection of food: dim sum were one of the best I tried, the cost is 290 AED for 2 person.

The pool in the hotel is big enough, but the weather was windy and the sun was there after 3 o'clock .

In the hotel there are several restaurants and bars. The best I should say I seafood restaurant La Mer - it has a good variety of fresh fish from the local marker, the prices for wine are quite reasonable for Abu Dhabi. Definetely a place to visit. Dinner for 2 persons with wine will be around 1200 AED.

We went to the pool bar, tried shisha there - not the best one...

But nevertheless I recommend this hotel due to a reasonable price and good location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked our F&B outlets, especially our award winning seafood restaurant, La Mer.

I will definitely share your comments with the team, as this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Kaarst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Now that we spent a week in this great hotel and are about to leave, it is time to thank all the people who made our holiday so special. You couldn't find a friendlier and more helpful receptionist than TJ, a more competent concierge than Rachim and a more attentive man to serve you at the breakfast table than Bhagwan. Thanks also to Izaz in the lobby for the Arabian coffee and all the information every day. But these are just examples. We didn't find a single staff member that didn't greet us with a smile whenever we passed them. It is this, which, in our opinion, makes a stay pleasant: the 5-star service 'from the heart'.
Any complaints? Not worth mentioning. The housekeeping seems to be a little confused, now and then they knock at your door at 10 in the night (!) for the 'turn down', sometimes they leave you a chocolate on your pillow, mostly they don't. It is simply not worth mentioning - and as the title of this feedback says: Just like at home. Home isn't perfect either.
The breakfast is good but could do with some food-variation. Service at breakfast is excellent.
The location is very good for shopping, you need a taxi anyway if you want to get around in Abu Dhabi. We didn't use the pool as there is no sunshine and it isn't too inviting (other guests already mentioned that) - but we didn't come for the pool anyway.
We strongly and warmly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to enjoy a carefree stay in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your holiday special and that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our location is one of our strengths, we are close to most of the major shopping malls. There is a complimentary shuttle to the Corniche and Marina Mall, one of the largest shopping malls in Abu Dhabi. I hope that you take advantage of it on your next trip.

I sincerely apologize if there were uncomfortable moments during your stay, rest assured that we are already looking into the matter so that it will not happen again.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in March 2013 for one night. Rooms are first class and definitely worth the star rating. Huge room with king bed and huge en suite with walk in shower room. All amenities are first class. Hotel location is good on the Corniche overlooking the water (ask for a water view room). The hotel let me extend my check out to 7.00PM as I had a 10.55pm flight. Cost of the extension was 1/2 day rate which to my reckoning was worth it. Had dinner in their French restaurant (La mer?) which was so so. Would not bother again. Someone needs to teach the barman how to make Martini's... Eating in the buffet was excellent for breakfast and dinner. A great selection of foods from European, local and asian cuisines. During the day I visited the Gold Souk and purchased jewellery, Ferrari world, The grand mosque and Marina Bay Mall. Taxi fares to all were relatively cheap. Ferrari world is a fair way out of the city.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms, the views, the decor and amenities. Our location is one of our strengths, being near to a lot of attractions.

I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your time at one of our restaurants, rest assured that we are looking into the issue so that you will have a better experience on your next visit.

Nael El-Wary

Been to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche? Share your experiences!