The Grand Millennium Al Wahda is a relatively new five star hotel and I prefer staying here as it is a centrally located five star property with great amenities . I visit Abu Dhabi almost every month and usually stay in this hotel for 4-10 days . I think I have stayed in this hotel more than 7 times in 2012 and my recent visit was on 22nd December till 26th December 2012. This time I was given a complementary upgrade to club room and membership to use the executive club for my stay (Free Internet- Free Breakfast - Free Alcohol from 7 to 9 pm)
WHAT WORKS FOR THIS HOTEL:
- Great rooms with all modern facilities (This hotel is big hotel and you are likely to find a room in this hotel during the peak time)
- There are three restaurants .All the restaurants are very good but I really like the Italian one "Portobello" . Toshi is also a very good Pan Asian Chinese and Thai restaurant . The Third restaurants is Al wahda all day dinning restaurant is also decent.
- The bar reflexion and porters pub with live music are good places.
- Swimming pool is on the top floor and very nice with a pool bar . (I really liked the pool area)
- The fitness center and Spa area is also well equipment and very good
- This hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from the Alwahda Mall which has recently in november become much bigger with the opening of its new extension housing almost all brands (Now this is one of the biggest malls in Abu dhabi) .
- The hotel is reasonably priced for a Five star property
- The Staff is quite polite and good
-- This time we were offer free upgrade to club rooms with this we were given complementary breakfast at the executive club. The breakfast at the club was limited but was very good.
THING THAT DON'T WORK FOR THIS HOTEL:
- Room service and the service any thing that you ask for in your room is very slow . It takes hours for things to come to your room. I asked for water and it took the staff almost 35 minutes to bring it . Same goes for other when I asked for a shaving kit and tooth brush it took almost an hour for somebody to bring it.
-Room Service Menu and 24hr Menu : Room service menu is very limited and their is nothing for vegans. I try avoid this but as the last order in all the restaurant in the hotel is 11 pm I generally have to order from the room service menu.
- The health Club and the spa are not in the same floor as the swimming pool. The health club is on the 1 Floor and the swimming pool is on the top floor.
- The Executive club is not on the same floor as the club rooms the new executive club is very far away and you need to walk quite a bit in the hotel to reach the executive club. The executive club is also a non smoking lounge.
- Sometimes there are goof ups in calculations in the sense there are extra things added . So please check your bill before final payment.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE HOTEL:
- The hotel should have special privileges for regular clients so they always choose to stay in your hotel. Special incentives to regular clients.
- The hotel should have better, faster service both room service and house keeping
- The concierge should be more knowledgeable to help guide the in room guests.
- The in room dining and the 24hr menu should be more elaborate and have some more options for vegetarians.
- The executive club should be closer if not on the same floor as the club rooms and should have an area for smokers also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant five-star hotel first opened its doors in October 2010 as Abu Dhabi’s largest hotel with 844 rooms. Its spacious 585 hotel rooms and 265 residences have all been meticulously designed in a luxurious contemporary style, offering unrivalled comfort and high-tech connectivity, with features such as multi-line telephones with data ports, wireless internet connection, 37-inch LCD televisions, Bose sound systems, and heated towel racks.The hotel also boasts the largest health club in the city with a 2,700 sqm spa, rooftop outdoor swimming pool and a supersized gym equipped with top-of-the-line Technogym aerobic and weight training machines. Multiple dining venues beckon with authentic and wide-ranging international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Grand Millennium Al Wahda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel Abu Dhabi