“Kayak in the Mangroves - A must to get a balanced view of Abu Dhabi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noukhada Adventure Company - Day Tours

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 108 Activities in Abu Dhabi
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Noukhada Adventure Company provides sailing and kayaking in Abu Dhabi. These can be as tours, lessons, experiences or rentals. We are best known for our kayak mangrove tour. The three main main launch points are at 'E48' (Eastern Mangroves), Yas Beach and Emirates Palace Marina. We now launch into the Al Rahba mangroves to the north of Abu Dhabi. We also offer the snorkel safari.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Beijing, China
41 attraction reviews
“Kayak in the Mangroves - A must to get a balanced view of Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was our highlight in the UAE. Real nature, with a guide that is knowledgable, interested, friendly and keen to get everyone involved. We were 7 people, age 7 to 49. We all enjoyed it. Mark and his colleague made us see things you would not find otherwise. The speed was adopted to us.

Please note that it is advised that you bring shoes that can be used in the kayak, in the water and walking on parts of the mangrove. Not like me who brought leather shoes... ;-))

A special treat was Spencer, their dog that was used as a tracker.

We will do this again since it is created a real interest among all of us about the mangroves.

Visited February 2014
MFabudhabi, Owner at Noukhada Adventure Company - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Johan. Thank you for your kind review and it is always a pleasure to take people out who are both interested and interesting. Your group booked an eco tour so we spent much more time discussing our surroundings and getting to understand how the mangroves live in such a harsh environment. It was a pleasure. Your review has brought me out of self enforced non cooperation with Trip Advisor (TA) so I also say thank you to all the other recent reviewers and apologize for my silence.

We have grown weary of TA chopping and changing the company title and changing our products. I have no idea what a "Private Day Tour" is and we do not offer them. If we do offer "private day tours" why do we have a review about rentals and safety? TA also allow Abu Dhabi reviews that take place in Dubai (I recall Dubai being a different city to Abu Dhabi) and other countries (Oman). TA also promote competitors that are not listed on TA and allow blatant marketing reviews by owners...I will get off my soap box now, because TA is very unlikely to allow criticism of themselves. Something they willingly inflict on others.

Thank you again for your kind review and next time, come and do a longer, low tide tour where I will not have to guess the species of the small brown shore birds. Spencer sends his regards!

Chesham, UK
“Fantastic kayaking trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is definitely one of the best things you can do in Abu Dhabi. Really interesting and fun with friendly, helpful and knowledgeable guide and staff. Highly recommended

Visited January 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A fun way to spend a couple of hours in the morning, guides were very friendly and knew a lot about the area. It was a nice distraction from the busy city roads etc and definitely something for people who prefer the out doors to the shopping malls. Great scenery against a backdrop of the city and well priced.

Visited January 2014
“Wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My sister and I took my 9 and 7 year old kayaking at the eastern mangroves with Noukhada tours. The scenery is amazing, the staff is super friendly. They give u all the insight on the animal life there and a small history lesson. The kids loved it.. we loved it.. I would definitely recommend it and I will surely do it again.

Dubai
8 attraction reviews
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

There should definitely be more attraction like this in the UAE... Although the weather was very poor (a bit of rain) the kayak tour was fun, entertaining and informative (oh; a quite physical too!). Jason -our guide- was fun, helpful and friendly!