“Wet and awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Noukhada Adventure Company provides sailing and kayaking in Abu Dhabi. These can be as tours, lessons, experiences or rentals. We are best known for our kayak mangrove tour. The three main main launch points are at 'E48' (Eastern Mangroves), Yas Beach and Emirates Palace Marina. We now launch into the Al Rahba mangroves to the north of Abu Dhabi. We also offer the snorkel safari.
Manchester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Wet and awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

You should definitely try this, it's great!

I was booked on the 8.00am Mangrove tour but no one else turned up so I had my own personal guide, a very friendly and helpful chap called Berson.

There was enough chat and info about the mangrove without if feeling like a Geography field trip. It felt safe without feeling overly sanitised and health and safety obsessed!

I read on here that there's an opportunity to swim so had my trunks on underneath my shorts.

You can only pay cash, so bring some with you!

Also, you'll get wet a wet bottom. I don't mean a bit wet I mean soaking wet. I had to walk for about an hour afterwards before I was dry enough to hail a taxi. So if you don't have your own transport have something dry to change into. There are however no changing facilities so how you'll manage this is your own business!

I wasn't completely sure how to book. Do you e-mail or phone, or text? The answer is that you can book via any means but this could be a little clearer on the web site.

All in all a really, really great experience.

Visited October 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
11 attraction reviews
“See the natural side of Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Easy Kayaking around in the mangrove marshes. We saw some amazing birdlife and had a chance to get away from crowds, bright lights and pricey designer store malls. Wear something that can get wet.

Visited December 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful Abu Dhabi attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have lived in AD for five years and just now took this amazing tour with an adventurous visitor. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the island from the water and exploring the incredible mangroves. Our guide was informative and friendly. It is really eye opening to see what is happening to the environment here, and the views are spectacular.
It seemed to be a welcomed physical challenge, not too strenuous, but a bit of a workout. Yes, we roughed it for a short time (1.5 hours), but it was a refreshing activity. I will be doing this again!

London
3 attraction reviews
“Bit of a work-out and you may see some wildlife if you are lucky (we weren't)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have so say that we were perhaps unlucky on the day or time that we chose to go on the kayaking outing. All we saw were some herons which we could see on the beach of our hotel anyway. The following are warnings for those thinking of going on this excursion: if you are going by taxi, make quite sure that the driver knows where he is going as the boarding point is in the middle of a dusty building site just off one of the main roads. If you are planning to leave by taxi, there are none. We were lucky inasmuch as an expat American lady who was on the trip took pity on us when she saw us standing in the building site and drove us to a hotel where they ordered us a taxi. Secondly, there are no facilities for changing and you get very wet. There is a bucket of water to rinse your feet but that is all. It is not a cheap excursion (Dhs 150 per person, ie £26 for 90 minutes) so we would have expected better facilities. All in all, rather a disappointment. I am sure that there is room for improvement.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Must do experience in Abu Dhabi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

For anyone interested in the environment and nature I can highly recommend the extended Eco Kayaking trip that Noukhada run. They have to have a min of 4 people so we signed up friends of ours and headed out for nearly 3 hours at 8am on Sat morning.
The trip was informative if not slightly depressing as one see's so much of the Mangroves being destroyed. Let's hope the Government set up the marine reserve sooner rather than later to protect this natural wonder and water filter system.
Excellent trip and time flew past.