“Try the Lasagna!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai
“Try the Lasagna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Taste like a lovely lasagna cooked by the granma at home!

Visited June 2012

• Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Something for everyone at Origins, gorgeous delicoud food. You can be seated inside or out. If you eat outside you are overlooking the race track

Visited April 2012
milan
“buffet of great quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I spent a few days at the Yas hotel and on the last night I and my wife decided to go to "Origins". Great surprise! a buffet of great quality . I suggest to go there really hungry and enjoy the rich buffet! the desserts are really superb!

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Buffet breakfast is nice but limited variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We were told that our room rate includes buffet breakfast in this restaurant but ended up being charged approximately $35/person for the breakfast. If we knew that we have to pay for the buffet breakfast, we would have opted to sleep in and have breakfast elsewhere in Abu Dhabi.

Saying that, the food is really fresh but the variety is very limited. Therefore, it really feels more like a complimentary breakfast range with room option rather than something that you would pay for. If we have to pay for buffet breakfast, there are lots of better options at various hotels in Abu Dhabi for the same price.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Vegetarian view - not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Origins is the international buffet restaurant at the lobby level of the Yas Hotel. It is located in the middle of the Yas Marina Circuit and the restaurant terrace overlooks the F1 track and Yas Marina. I visited about one week ago as part of a group. Please note that this review is written from the perspective of a vegetarian and non-vegetarians are likely to have a different view.
While my friends could go up time and time again to get different meat and seafood dishes, I being vegetarian had an extremely limited choice. It was all basic and disappointing.
I had leek and potato soup followed by salad. For the hot main course there was rice and potato wedges served with plain vegetables (steamed or boiled, I’m not sure). These were clearly intended as side dishes and not made with a vegetarian main course in mind. There was also a hot dish of cabbage with mashed potato ("bubble and squeak" we call it in the UK) which looks like it was made traditionally i.e. with leftovers. It tasted as disgusting as it looked.
There was nothing interesting at all to speak of as a vegetarian main course. At this price I expect a choice of vegetarian main dishes, with a minimum of two main dishes such as one curry and one pasta dish.
The breads were basic and uninteresting (notably all bread was made with white flour).
The dessert buffet looked interesting but I don't eat sweet things. My friends tried several different things but I noticed that several dessert choices got the "thumbs down" and were left on their plates.
I was part of a large group but there still seemed to be more staff than customers, yet there was no service to speak of. There was no atmosphere to speak of and the decor of white and bright shiny surfaces exaggerated this. It was also freezing cold (air conditioning not adjusted properly).
It took ages to get the bill at the end but the only thing that impressed me there was that the staff had managed to maintain a separate bill for each person in our group. And the bill was ridiculously expensive for what I had. The evening cost me 300 AED including taxes, a couple of soft drinks and a coffee. Cost is similar to a meal at Emirates Palace and the food far inferior.
Considering how far it is out of the city, it is not worth making the effort as there are far superior places to eat in Abu Dhabi without going to Yas Island. I definitely won't be eating here again anytime soon.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere