“In between good and very good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #262 of 1,583 restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mombasa Grille showcases the immense gastronomic resource that is found in our namesake, Mombasa, one of the Indian Ocean's foremost trading ports.The historical mixture of cultures that characterizes Mombasa set the foundations for its culinary definition. With ingredients and cooking styles from every corner of the World, Mombasa offers an eclectic variety unparalleled elsewhere on the planet.Building on this rich tapestry of tradition and style our restaurant offers a dining experience that sees a modern attitude to historical dishes, complimented by a superb ambiance with a fine dining edge.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“In between good and very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Wetried Mombasa Grille in response to positive reviews on TripAdvisor, it was better than average but I would not say it was fab, the food was rather tasty but there didn't seem like much choice. Staff weren't particularly attentive - water ran out but they never offered a refill. We would go back but not very often.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“we would NOT go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and I went for a birthday meal on 31 Aug 2011. We're Brits and have been in Abu Dhabi for 2 years. Heard a lot about this place from friends so thought we'd finally go.

The orange juice was warm. We had to ask for ice. The ice didn't come with a smile. The waiter said that they serve the drink warm on purpose because some people like it like that! It's 40 degrees outside and therefore I strongly doubt people like drinks warm.

We ordered. I went for the Portobello mushroom. My wife asked for sea bass but they didn't have any so she settled for goats cheese ravioli.

The food arrived. Mine was nice. Not 10/10 but around 7/10. My wife was looking for goats cheese in her ravioli but there was none. We called the waiter. He took it to the kitchen and came back and informed us that it was there but had melted, which was rubbish because the vegetables had not stuck together. There was no goats cheese.

By the time we had sorted it out (convinced them that there was no goats cheese) I'd finished my meal. They offered my wife another meal but it was too late. We ended up paying and left.

Honestly, avoid it because there are better places to spend your hard earned cash!

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Calming...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011 via mobile

Had come to the rrstaurant with my friends for Iftaar. The food was better than anticipated. Loved the salad bar...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UAE
“One of my favorites in AD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Service and food are excellent! Shame that they took Ostrich off the menu. We've been twice now - and it's consistently good.The only drawback is the price! We would go back much more often if it were just a little more affordable.

They do have specials some days of the week (on wine and meals) and there is a monthly wine tasting.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic mix of imagination and flavour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Service was outstanding, we were guided through the menu and given 'free' samples of soup and dessert which were unexpected but very tasty. The food was plenty and had great flavours and I would go there again the next time I am in Abu Dhabi

• Visited April 2011