“The best Aloft, good value, good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

You added Aloft Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Aloft Abu Dhabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaleed Al Arabi | (30th Street), Abu Dhabi 94943, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best Aloft, good value, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here due to a conference at ADNEC, but independent of its perfect convenience for that, the experience was excellent. The hotel is efficient, clean, comfortable. Pool area and rooftop bar are big plusses, a much better than average gym, polite and efficient staff, Aloft rooms but somehow better / bigger than other Alofts. It's a bit out of the way of Yas Island or the Corniche, but easy cab rides away and also easy to the airport. I would certainly stay here again. Value for the price was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello there sawtoothinAmsterdam, it;s just fantastic to get a great review from a Trip Advisor Top Contributor. Many thanks for your flattering comments which we have already shared here with the team. As you express that you will certainly be staying with us again, we hope we can welcome you very soon back to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Do let me know when your plans bring you back to the UAE, would be a pleasure to meet you. Best wishes! Rainer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed for three nights in the hotel on a recent trip to the Formula 1.

First thing's first when we were there there was a huge amount of construction work going on which meant that the exits from the motorway around the hotel were closed. I defy anyone to drive straight to the hotel without driving around various side roads three or four times with the hotel tantalisingly in the distance! Oh, and beware of the speed bumps on seemingly main (ish) roads.

The hotel is a little way outside Abu Dhabi and you really need a car to get around. Abu Dhabi itself is quite easy to navigate but signposting is generally pretty poor.

I was somewhat annoyed with the hotel as having booked and prepaid a rate including breakfast they subsequently claimed breakfast was not included. Annoying. So make sure you check what is printed on your confirmation. Breakfast (as in all hotels) is relatively expensive (at 85 AED or 100 after taxes and service).

The hotel itself is pretty decent rooms are a good size and there is a nice gym and pool. Also, depsite all the construction work, pretty quiet. In addition despite the cost of breakfast the rest of the food is a fair price.

Staff are friendly and efficient.

I wouldn't avoid the hotel if I were to come to Abu Dhabi again but then again I wouldn't be jumping for joy. Only average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Cap_Scarlet, thanks for taking the time to post this review and for choosing us to stay during the recent Formula 1 Grand Prix event. We were are all glad to read through your review and notice that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you particularly liked the size of the rooms, the gym, the quietness of our pool area and our food price and quality. Very important to mention the friendliness and efficiency of our staff which is obviously key to our success. I want to offer you my sincere apologies for our human error in informing you incorrectly about the breakfast which was indeed included in your rate. With regards to the present works in the surrounding areas, indeed the completion of Capital Centre is ongoing and this resulted in some challenges to reach the hotel. The detours are however well signposted now. Further to Capital Centre (which by the way when finished will be a stunning area with commercial, residential and culinary facilities), where the hotel is located, this is actually not at all outside Abu Dhabi, but in the main island, the area toward whole city is growth. As it is also known, regardless where you are staying in Abu Dhabi, you need a car unless you are planning to remain in the hotel. This is due to how the city is designed and how the points of interest are spread. I do hope that by taking this out it would actually do give you some joy indeed to visit us again as Aloft Abu Dhabi is known for having the great vibe for a weekend escape or for a successful business trip. We would all be looking forward to welcome you soon back. Best wishes! Rainer
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just spent 4 nights at Aloft Hotel near the Adnec exhibition centre : a very comfortable hotel away from the city centre, an ideal location if you are participating at an exhibition at Adnec.
The room, situated on the 7th floor with a view on the swimming pool, was big, clean, fitted with a spacious bathroom, a large bed, a flat screen and a convenient desk for work : Quite sober but more than enough for a business trip.
The hotel has a very nice swimming pool with many sun beds and a nice pool bar where you can have a snack at affordable price. The fitness centre near the pool is also very convenient with modern equipment.
Another unmisable spot is the bar on the roof of the hotel : a cosy atmosphere with wood, large sofas decoration. This lounge bar reminds a boat deck, the cosy atmosphere is ideal for a drink. Next to the bar, on the other side you will find a club where some parties with a DJ are organised at some nights of the week.
Overall the staff is very profesionnal and hempful, this is definetely a good 4* stars hotel service with reasonable rates, especally for Abu Dhabi.
The only negative point would be : there was no bathrobe and slippers in the room (I think there are in the suites rooms) the beauty products (cream, soaps, ...) could be better quality but these are just details ...

Room Tip: Take a room with a view on the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello there Florent J, many thanks for an excellent review for which we are very proud of. These are fantastic and very accurate comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay in your sleek, tech savvy Aloft 38sqm room. I must thank you as well for your attention to detail and the magnificent description you provide of our stunning infinity pool, our full equipped gym and of course the highlight at the rooftop: Relax@12 lounge bar for the chill-out coziness + Club So-Hi for the exciting night entertainment.
With regards to the bathrobes and slippers, as you mention, they are provided in the suites, however also available in each room upon request.
Many thanks again for the high scores and we all do hope you choose us again for your next stay in Abu Dhabi. Would be great to invite you for a drink at your favorite bar in the UAE. Best wishes! Rainer
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It is marketed as a "W Vision". So you expect to land into a W environment....NOPE! All the other way.
Let's start from the beginning:
Reception: not really clean and hypercrowded. Ages to check in.
Room: kind of run down, no bath amenities but soap dispenser in the shower. The shower coverplate half broken and hanging from the wall
Best part: here for business with a room facing the pool. Thursday night, been working hard all day. Midnight, and I want to sleep. Private event by the pool with disco music LOUD but so loud that from the room I cant hear the TV. Talked to hotel management and....they granted me music will be over by 2 am.
THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN. Will forward complain to Starwood. They should not give the name W to this kind of dump places

Room Tip: Best tipe I can give: avoid this place
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Bognaole, firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to share your unfortunate experience in our hotel and offer you our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We noticed that including us, you have reviewed only two establishments. Being both very negatively scored, we regret having given you reasons to even post a review and we are very sorry that the bad score is mainly due to only one issue which I will address at the end of this reply. With regards to the arrival at the reception, as you know, your check-in date was the overlap between the departure of the Formula 1 Grand Prix guests and the arrival of the UFI Conference guests which you were part of. With more than 450 people arriving for this conference and at least another 300 people leaving the Grand Prix event, I believe you can understand why the lobby was very busy on that particular day. Nevertheless, as we had scheduled enough receptionists to cover the needs, our records show that your check-in lasted three and a half minutes. We are sorry that this was perceived as a long time, perhaps because of the busy lobby. On another note we would be thankful to understand what you meant by the reception not being really clean as all public areas are maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness. Maybe this is related once again to the high number of guests around the reception. We would also be grateful to clarify your perception of the room being "kind of run down" as the hotel is only three years old and is proud of being observed as having one of the most modern, hip and trendy rooms in the market maintained in best of conditions. Further to our shower gel, shampoo and conditioner options, these are high quality Bliss products which indeed are provided from dispenser as part of our Enviromental friendly program which consists in avoiding being part of the millions of plastic bottles disposed on a daily basis in the world. Our apologies for not having replaced the shower cover plate upon your arrival. With regards to the music coming from the private event in our outdoors banquet area, this is the part where we really accept having failed to provide you with the usual memorable and modern business stay experience which we are very well known for. This situation is normally avoided as we provide guests coming on business, rooms on the other side of the building and guests coming to the banquet events obviously take the rooms in the proximity of the banquet venue. Once again,we are very sorry that the wrong room was assigned to you. This obviously triggered this whole irritation. I believe it is fair to bring up a fact that was not mentioned on your review. We offered you the possibility to move to another room (just to be able to sleep, so without even having to take your luggage with you) which you rejected so the main issue could not be solved. We then decided to waive the charges for one full night as a gesture of our apologies. We appreciate that this does not resolve the disturbance of that night which we tried to solve by offering you another room. At Aloft if our guests do not receive the usual exceptional hotel experience, we make an effort to redress the situation and even though the refund of one night charge was accepted during check-out we are disappointed to notice that this still has not helped in showing our commitment to reducing your dissatisfaction. Reading through the review we notice that there are no incidents mentioned within the service and the product itself hence we believe that your whole frustration and the depreciative word used to describe our hotel, is based on the situation with the banquet event. Therefore we do hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience and wish to invite you back to Aloft Abu Dhabi. We are sure that we will be able to change completely the opinion you have about us due to this unfortunate matter with the banquet event. I would be delighted if you would contact me so that I can make the necessary arrangements to welcome you back to Aloft Abu Dhabi and show you what our hotel brand really stands for. Thank you once again for your time and best wishes!
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

we were amazed at the friendliness of the staff and the simple , elegant and modern decor.
the breakfast was amazing!!!!!
the pool deck was stunning and relaxing
the location was well suited if you attending a convention but if you are on a holiday it is not very centrally located and the taxis outside were abit pricey but the hotel was good value for money.
abu dhabi was a surreal experience--- do people actually live like the indigent arabs for real????

the gym was well equipped and access was FREEEE!!!!!!! there was a personal trainer

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hi there Aadilla N. I also say WOW to your review. Thanks for posting it! As you notice, our staff who are the soul of aloft have acquired the strive for extreme friendliness and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed this. I see that the breakfast, the pool, the gym and the free wi-fi made your day.

I know I have repeated the following description a couple of times so apologies to our Trip Advisor followers, however it is important to correct the remark that our hotel is far from anything. The hotel is indeed 15 minutes drive away from downtown. Taxi fares would be 25aed in average (6eur/9usd). Abu Dhabi is now growing towards this area and many businesses are establishing their offices around the entrance to town. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min). As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area.

And just to finalize and answer the posted question you do: No, the locals do not live as they did more than 50 years ago constantly travelling through the deserts. This is no more the case in the U,A.E.

Anyway, a hotel with a title "WOW" deserves a return I would say, so please let us know when your plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi. The team and myself are already looking forward to extend you a very warm welcome. Best wishes! Rainer
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for an overnight break on a trip from Manchester to Melbourne. It exceeded my expectations by a mile. Especially brilliant was the service on the pool deck, where I was encouraged to try Arabian food and drink instead of my initial order of salad and lemonade. Those guys went above and beyond in terms of waiter service.

My room had a wonderful view and was spacious, clean and had tea and coffee making facilities that were very welcome after 6 weeks in Europe. Reception couldn't have been more helpful. Restaurant service was speedy and courteous.

Room and breakfast was Aus $129. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hi JMH237! Your title says it all...one word it is: Brilliant. Thank you for this stunning review and thank you for choosing us for your short stay on your way back home. In particular it seems that you were delighted with the culinary experience at our Mai Cafe. I don't blame you. It is indeed a fresh, trendy, hip and simply stunning place next to the pool to have a great meal. I am glad you noticed how the staff at the reception and the restaurants are very helpful. Hopefully on your next visit to Europe you will be stopping over to visit us! Would be great to welcome you back. until then...best wishes! Rainer
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I spent 5 days at the Aloft for business. Overall, a nice hotel and a good first impression but there are still some basics lacking.

First, the positives: The decor is very trendy, although I would prefer they differentiated the lift lobby to the room lobby, because it looks exactly like a floor with the accommodation! I had several meals from the buffet in the main restaurant, and found both the selection and quality of the food outstanding. Dinner up by the pool is also very nice, except they have a lot of parties up there and the noise filters in to the rooms.

Gym was excellent. No spa which would have been good - they refer you to a place downstairs but that doesn't seem very nice. I just walked over to the Hyatt spa instead.

The location is good for the exhibition centre but you need a taxi to find shopping, restaurants etc ..

There is a little cafe in the lobby where you can buy tea, coffe and snacks. A nice concept but have to say that overcharging for a "cappucino" that comes from a machine with powdered milk is not a cappacino, and not worth the price.

The rooms were standard size but quite nice, especially the bathroom area. There are no hard copy directories in the room, all information is on the TV which is fine, but frustrating when you just want to know how to call reception or housekeeping. My toilet broke while I was there, not the first time I suspect, but it was fixed quickly when I reported it. Very limited toiletries available - I think a shower cap should be standard - and horrible "two-in-one" shampoo / conditioner dispensers attached on the shower wall.

There is a powerful hair dryer in each room, attached of course, but you have to always be manually holding down the button for it to be "on", which is tiring when using on long hair because your hand keeps bumping into the other settings - and it's quite heavy too.

I asked for some laundry to be done about 1pm "express" because I was leaving the following morning. So I paid the 50% surcharge to have it returned in 6 hrs, but by 1am it had still not arrived. I had to go down and ask for it to be returned - it was there but no-one had bothered to check when it should have been delivered. No apology and still got the surcharge on the bill.

There also seemed to be a problem with the phones in the room. One morning I was expecting a long business call from Australia. Apparently they got through to reception OK, but were told there was a problem and could not connect to the rooom. So I missed that call because having that via mobile would have cost a bomb. And then I also had a colleague in reception get the staff to call me in my room for some urgent paperwork - and I was in the room the whole time - but the phone didn't ring at all, and they were told I just didn't answer. Lost a day's business because that paperwork was for a visa to be processed.

For the 4 days we were there, there were 12 of us in a meeting room that could "technically" fit 12 people but we were squashed in like sardines. There was no garbage bin in the meeting room, and at no point during the day(s) did any staff come in to clear the tables from empty coffee cups, etc. Lack of powerpoints meant a chaotic and dangerous jumble of cords in the middle of the room connected to our laptops. There was free WIFI, but it kept disconnecting for a few of us on our computers, and it wouldn't work on my iphone at all because of "too many redirects" although I didn't have this problem with any other WIFI in Abu Dhabi.

Thee front of the hotel can also be a disaster for the vehicles coming and going. It is too small to handle the amount of traffic. One evening we went down looking for a taxi and there were 3 staff standing outside. We asked for a taxi and they made a half-hearted attempt to wave one over, then went back to their chat. It was only when one of us took charge and started walking down to the taxi ramp on the street did one of the guys actually get moving and help.

Overall, a decent place to stay, but needs some fine-tuning in both service standards and material effort.

Room Tip: Stay away from Level 5 where people come and go to the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nicki08, amazing from your side for have taken the time to write such an extensive review. Thank you so much for this! Very glad to learn that you appreciated our trendy decor, design and that you enjoyed our outstanding culinary offer, both at the all day dining and at the pool restaurants. Also very nice comments about our gym, our trendy tech savvy rooms and our oversized bathrooms . Hope you enjoyed the workout at the gym very much. Let's go to the constructive side for which I will do my utmost to clarify each point. The lift lobby and room lobby are actually quite different. The lift lobby contains a different carpet (more colorful) a couple of fatboy bean bags and a 50 inch screen with pertinent hotel information. We do have some night entertainment on some days at the pool, in this case the quietest rooms are just in front, facing the exhibition centre which is what we offer guests not taking part of the parties. My apologies if this was not offered to you. Just like the majority of hotel establishments in the U.A.E. a short taxi ride is very common to reach other destinations. The cities are not really prepared for walking distances to get from point A to point B. However, we are 5 minutes away from Mushriff Mall, 15 minutes away from downtown and there are plenty of restaurants around within 5 to 10 minute ride. With regards to our hot drinks at the re:fuel grab and go outlet, I must say that our excellent coffee offer is actually below the average of prices of other Abu Dhabi hotels. Indeed we like contributing to a better, cleaner and greener world and we carry out environmental friendly initiatives such as being paperless hence all our directory is digital on the TV screen. To call reception and the point of contact for all departments such as housekeeping the buttons are clearly marked on your telephone. Shower caps are available in the closet of the room. Another green initiative is the shampoo and shower gel dispensers to avoid the production of millions of small plastic bottles. The content of the dispensers is high quality Bliss products. Our sincere apologies for the delay in returning your laundry. I can only assume that someone attempted to deliver it to the room but found the "do not disturb sign" hanging. If the laundry was done, we wouldn't have a reason to simply not deliver it. We are extremely sorry if there was a technical problem with your phones. Of course this is not the usual high level of standard to expect from our state of the art technology in the rooms. It is disappointing to learn this has inconvenienced you. As technology does unfortunately fail sometimes, I do hope and I believe that this was repaired after you advised us. With regards to the meeting room, we did advise the meeting planner about the size and even showed the room. The other meeting rooms were unfortunately already taken and the one offered was at its maximum number and was accepted. We have investigated the failing in providing a garbage bin and in clearing the meeting room. Needless to say that a breakdown in procedure was a result of this and we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The power points that we provide are on the floor, in the middle of the u-form on both sides of the tables. Even if there are many laptop cables plugged in, because of the position of the power connection I can assure you that the necessary risk assessments were carried out and that the connections do not constitute a danger. The free wi-fi indeed disconnects after some time of the computer being idle. I can only assume this was the reason from reading that it only happened to a few of you. With regards to the multiple devices to connect, just as in any other hotels, only one code can be used per device. So, with a different code, your I-phone would have worked. When being in the bed room, it will accept a maximum of two devices. Once again, sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the traffic. Unfortunately at this time, the construction works in front of the hotel don't make the traffic flow easily. However in about two months time, the result of this will be fantastic and the driveway of the hotel will be totally separated from the driveway to the exhibition centre hence this issue will not be experienced again.
Thank you once again for the long review and for bring the constructive comments to our attention. It is just like this that we can easily correct them and make your next stay with us even much smoother. Please do let me know when your plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi as the Aloft team would like to offer you a gesture of our appreciation to this review. Would be great to meet you soon, best wishes! Rainer

Been to Aloft Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!