“Finding the hotel entrance was a pain!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

You added Aloft Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Aloft Abu Dhabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaleed Al Arabi | (30th Street), Abu Dhabi 94943, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #51 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Miami, FL
“Finding the hotel entrance was a pain!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Took me about 30 minutes driving around the hotel where there was a lot of construction and almost no signage to direct you to the hotel. Reception staff were informed about the difficulty finding the entrance of the hotel and it seemed to me that it was not the first time they've heard such complaint. Rooms were very clean with comfortable beds. That was my second stay and this time I had a nicer view from my room.

• Stayed August 2011
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hey RicktoTangier! Thanks for the review and for choosing us again for your stay. It's great to learn that you enjoyed the hotel, specially the comfy beds. We are indeed aware of the tremendous development here in Capital Centre by ADNEC (Exhibition Centre) and it is correct that some road directions have changed as continuous improvement works are carried out in the area. We are in constant communication with the authorities and signage with our hotel name and logo is positioned in strategic areas now to avoid misdirection when arriving to the hotel. Our sincere apologies that this was not the case during your last stay resulting in the long drive to reach us. As this was your second stay, I really trust there will be a third and a fourth and...and... Would be fantastic for the whole team to welcome you soon again. Let us know once you are here! Best wishes! Rainer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I am a SPG points junkie and as such I have been trying out each SPG property in the capital of the UAE to find one that I can stay in, and enjoy my stay. So far I have tried the Le Meridien, the Sheraton, and the Royal Meridien. All of which were old an dull, and in much need of renovation.

Although the Aloft is situated away from Central Abu Dhabi it has access to the main highways allowing quick access to most Abu Dhabi locations within a few minutes. For those visiting the Exhibition Center then this is the best location you can find as it sits directly opposite.

Would recommend, and will return, until the new Sheraton on Yas Island opens :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hi there Ulfat B! Very happy to read that from all other Starwood properties you have chosen us to stay with. As at this stage there are no Sheraton projects on Yas Island, I trust you will be staying very often with us :-) ! Would be delighted to meet you personally soon on your next stay. Just ask for me at reception. Best wishes! Rainer
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stay in Starwood hotels quite often for business. Reviews looked good so we expected quite a bit from this Aloft. Oh well...

Rooms are nice, large shower head makes your bath time enjoyable, comfortable bed, nice Bliss amenities, cool creative design in general... that all makes you feel good.

BUT there are many things that need urgent improving. These are SERVICE - they are nice at the reception but they do not help you with anything beyond the check-in and check-out. They kept promising to send us housekeeping, IT, engineer etc. when we needed but eventually we had to call them to remind us 3 times always and they would mainly even not pick up the phone. Very frustrating in times you need some urgent solving. HSKP did on regular bases forget to give us amenities, clean towels etc.. WIFI service was going and leaving. Not very good speed for business hotel at all. Service at the so called "self service refreshment station" was rude and did not want to help me heat up the milk in the morning telling me that they are too busy. Nice start to a new day NOT. Another thing is the super confusing ENTRANCE to the hotel (no signage on the ground floor at all) and VALET service was very slow when we ordered to pick up the car, reception did not call them so we ended up waiting extra 15 minutes when driving to our meeting).

Overall if the service is improved dramatically, this would be great business hotel and fun place to be in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear VoyageEstAmour, I'd firstly like to thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip Advisor. It is nice to read that you enjoyed our room product, amenities and design, however it is needless to say that I was disappointed to learn that we have not managed to meet your service expectations. It specially concerns me that you were given the perception of our staff not keeping the level of friendliness for which they are normally well known for. Our sincere apologies for the breakdown in procedure and communication for which the different departments failed to attend your requests immediately and for missing to replenish your room amenities. Also, most obviously our staff should have organized the valet delivery of your car much quicker. A big Aloft sign is now in front of the ground floor main entrance on top of the elevators which will take our guests up to the upper lobby. As you already mentioned, our reviews are normally excellent and this accumulation of mishaps is really an isolated case which does not represent by any means the high level of service standards for which Aloft Abu Dhabi is actually very well known for. Therefore please accept once again our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have addressed your comments with the concerned department heads to ensure that such errors will not re-occur. I would be delighted if despite of this experience we would have the pleasure to welcome you back. I am confident to say that we will turn around your perception about our service 180° and you will join the huge group of guests which are delighted with our hotel. It would be great to discuss this personally with you so please do let me know next time you visit us as I wish to welcome you personally and have a pleasant chat together. Until then, Best wishes! Rainer
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

First of all, Aloft hotel is located near Exhibition Center and for me looks looks like an attachment to the Abu-Dhabi National Exhibition Center, The value of this hotel is given by the position - near airport - and by the location for such events. I know from experience that a location near the exhibition for a participant to such events (even directly involved or just visitor) is essential.
As is relatively far from downtown or any land-marks of AUH (excepting the exhibitions pavilions) is recommended too for business meetings & activities, where you have to spend most time of the day indoor.
The hotel is in a construction area, so I assume is a new one, too. Is one of the first hotels that can be considered that applies the "green-economy"concept as long as has no brochures, leaflets etc in the room and everything is presented in digital system on large TV's screens in the rooms.
The rooms are not so big, but with all the required facilities & modern style decor; as personal opinion, due to the design ("frosted" glass wall between the bath and the room, side opening doors without insulation) if you need to make a shower or to use the toilet is better to be alone, no visitors, to get some privacy...)
As the part of electronic devices and wi-fi, is one of the best hotels I stayed. The information presented through TV screen is very well systematized, a lot of facilities in the room for different media appliances, wi-fi is everywhere in the hotel and with easy connection system.
The room-service is quite fast, bringing orders in few minutes
Regarding the food - good choices and selections, is OK.
On 12th floor a nice terrace with bar & entertainment, nice view of the city, especially in the night.
On 5th floor, swimming pool & bar.
The other services are average; nothing special or particular; the personnel is correct and fair, but nothing more to make you feel that are "important".

Overall, is a hotel in a new design and concept; who is familiar with such places, will feel comfortable there. For the price has value and overall rating is very good. But in my opinion, has nothing particular or specific, like other hotels, to make you think to come back again if you would have to choose again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker: as they have smoking-rooms at different floors, considered for smoking, and sm...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hi gabpop, long review here! Really appreciate your time and effort for some great comments and also constructive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to read that you were delighted with tech savvy approach in our rooms such as the digital hotel compendium and the full hotel coverage of complimentary wi-fi. Nice that you noted our green initiatives which contribute strongly to the reduction of carbon footprint. Besides the reduction of in-room collateral that you mention, we also do avoid plastic bathroom amenity bottles and one of the strongest features is a renewable energy system of 560 solar panels that heat 99% of our hot water supply. Moving now to the Food&Beverage outlets, I am happy to learn about your good dining experience, from the food in Room Service to the 12th floor lounge bar and swimming pool restaurant and bar. With regards to the location of our hotel we are indeed 15 minutes away from downtown. Abu Dhabi is now growing towards this area and many businesses are establishing their offices around the entrance to town. The newest and one of the biggest Malls in Abu Dhabi has opened 5 minutes away from us and we do have important landmarks around us such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (5min), all major embassies (2min), Ferrari World (15 min), Yas Marina Circuit (15 min) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club (10min).
Further to our rooms, their normal size is 38sqm. being above the average of other hotels in the U.A.E. I regret to read that the service was good however not great, which is obviously our primary objective. Perhaps you can give me a buzz next time your plans bring me back to Abu Dhabi as I would love to discuss your opinion further with you. Any feedback on how we can exceed our customer's expectations are more than welcome.
Thank you again for posting the review and we all at Aloft look forward to welcoming you soon in the very near future. Best wishes! Rainer
Dubai, UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Aloft hotel is a part of Abu Dhabi Exhibition centre, so it has unbeatable location for an exhibition centre visitor (which I was when I stayed in hotel!). Apart from that there are some things that can recommend it to a business traveller, and some that might not.

All in all I enjoyed the stay in Aloft, although it was a so-so experiance.

The things that are good are absolutely spendid: wonderful swimming pool, nice rooms, great TV program, good WIFI, comfortable bed, nice quality amenities, easy to use technology in the rooms, simple business concept...

The things that need urgent improving are confusing entrence (literarely no signage on the ground floor that will show you that hotel is actually based on the first floor) and better service (valet was off sick with no one to replace him on a day when i tried to collect my car, reception was slow...).

In short, if service is improved, this would be THE business hotel to be in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Hi there Prekovici, I see you have been writing big number of reviews on this site and I want to thank you for posting one for us as well. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the proximity to the Exhibition Center made your visit extremely convenient. Thank you for your fantastic notes such as our splendid infinity pool, free wi-fi and very true as you say: easy to operate state of the art technology in a business functional room.

Reading further, I believe that the reason for stating that the experience was so-so and not great, was driven by the points mentioned on the last paragraph. Please accept our apologies for these two topics. We have installed a huge Aloft Abu Dhabi logo just after the entrance, in front of the lifts that take you to the upper lobby, this should avoid confusions. I regret that the valet parking staff was insufficient the day you parked your car and that the reception speed did not meet your expectations. I would like to investigate this matter and it would be great if next time you stay with us you contact me so that we can meet personally. Hope this is soon and until then, Best wishes!
Rainer
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed in aloft hotel in Abu Dhabi to attend a conference in Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Center. his was my first stay in this hotel. I really enjoyed the experience as the hotel is different than other traditional hotels. The room view is very nice, the room modern furniture was amazing. and it was always very clean.
The point in aloft is that it simplifies the service parts., It does not have the traditional room service,
You have short food list that you can use to order, or you can visit the lobby to pick up your choice of food.
Also, If you need something, they will take some time to respond to you.
The hotel is very convenient for attending conferences in Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Center as it's actually inside the center, and connected to the exhibitions places internally without having to go out.
Just be aware that you will be far from the shopping malls and city center.
One great feature that you can check in your bags from the hotel and take your boarding before leaving to the airport, so you don't need to stay in lines at the airport.
The hotel also provides free Internet access, that can be slow sometime, but good most of the time.
Paid Internet also is available

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Wow Ayman Z! Full complete review, thanks a lot. You covered a lot of points of our unique, modern fresh and fun hotel concept. As you mention, with our functional planed service every guest can celebrate their own style in our exclusive loft inspired lobby and rooms with a unique openness of no walls no limit space creating the necessary free flowing energy for a successful business trip. The convenience to the Exhibition Centre is obviously exceptional and as mentioned in your review, the Airline check-in counters just below our lobby makes life easy to our guests. One additional information with regards to shopping possibilities, is that the newest and one of the biggest shopping malls in Abu Dhabi, Mushrif Mall, just opened some weeks ago being at only 5 minutes drive from us. Downtown is reachable within 15 minutes. Thank you once again for the extensive review and we all hope to welcome you soon again to Aloft Abu Dhabi. Please give us a buzz for your next visit. Best wishes!
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Aloft Abu Dhabi. Friendly staff and a gorgeous modern design. Besides, many things are self-service so you feel more comfortable. But again, I'd like to see more accuracy. I asked for a smoking-room and just arrived and the staff informed me that my room is non-smoking. The elevator some night was full of rabbish and party leftovers. They should pay attention to the tiny details and cleanliness. Satisfied with my stay overall.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hey YousefOmar, thank you for the nice review. Great that you enjoyed your stay in general and that you found our friendly service and design stunning. Just as you mention, the self service alternatives such as the self check-in/out kiosks or the re:fuel grab n' grow outlet give our guests possibility of being in total control of their stay. My apologies for providing you with a non-smoking room due to human error. I understand this was immediately corrected. Indeed end of September we held very big events with a huge number of audience and it took us some moments in clearing up the leftovers. This was done through the night time and by early morning the hotel was back in the cleanest of conditions. I am sorry that you noticed the leftovers probably during the party schedules or cleaning time. Please do contact me next time your plans bring you to Aloft Abu Dhabi so that I will have pleasure in meeting you personally. Best wishes! Rainer

Been to Aloft Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!