“Il be back !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

You added Aloft Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Aloft Abu Dhabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaleed Al Arabi | (30th Street), Abu Dhabi 94943, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Il be back !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant
Lovely modern rooms and spacious bathrooms
The best shower you will ever get in a hotel.
Very comfortable
Well done aloft abu dhabi

• Stayed March 2011
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Hi ZaheerICE, Wow! Thanks for the brief but flattering review! Good to know that we have the best hotel showers worldwide ;-) Your title says you will be back, we are all awaiting your next stay! Best wishes, Rainer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The hotel was modern, comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The standard of service was exceptional, the quality and value for money of the meals taken was also very good. It was enjoyable experience staying in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Hi there George! Fantastic to learn that the you experienced exceptional service and enjoyed your whole stay at Aloft! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes! Rainer
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Abu Dhabi's new Aloft Hotel ticks all the boxes for the business traveller - stylish minimalism and great design, combined with a good restaurant, bar, gym and a beautiful swimming pool, ideal for that morning swim before your meetings. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Free in room wi-fi (unlike many business hotels which charge an arm and leg for this essential service that should be always provied for free in the digital age.) The only suggestion I'd like to make is: please keep the thumping music off in the dining room - the excellent food you serve deserves gentle music or no music at all. Music in the bar is far too loud to the point where you can't have a conversation - this is business hotel, not a disco for 15-year olds!
And give us some massage treatments - we may have little spare time but sometimes need to unwind in a healthy way, rather than with a drink and deafening music.
Still - Aloft gets full points!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear voyagemore, excellent comments about our hotel! , thanks for your time to post the review! I am really glad our hotel made a good contribution to a great and pleasurable business trip. I can see from the review you enjoyed all of our many features and you made most out of it. With regards to your constructive comments, we are making sure that the music in the Dine restaurant is the appropriate one in a fitting volume. I regret that it was not like that when you had your meal. Now on to the music in the bar, which I suppose you mean our relax@12 roof top lounge bar. This bar actually serves three main groups of customers. We open at 5pm and most of our guests until about 7pm like to chill out and observe the stunning sunset which can be enjoyed both from the terrace or the inside part the bar. After that, we receive our guests who come for dinner and enjoy our excellent selection of oriental style tapas, including sushi, sashimi, tempuras and much more. This crowd will probably be with us until about 10pm and sometimes even become part of the nightlife guests. Until about 10pm our atmosphere involves smooth beats in a suitable volume for everyone to perfectly enjoy some conversation. After 10pm and especially on weekends we do pump up the volume a little more so that our place changes to a more of a nightlife lounge where we have guests enjoying some dance where they are seated or directly and the dance floor in front of the DJ station. Even then the atmosphere in the terrace does remain quite chilled out. I hope this explains why the volume does rise somewhat late night giving the alternative of the stunning terrace for music on lower volumes.
I want to thank you once again for scoring us with full points, I have shared this with our teams who are obviously extremely proud of always receiving great comments such as yours!
Best wishes and see you back soon!
Rainer
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Picked this hotel mainly out of convenience for being close to the airport. I wasn't expecting much, but found that I got a lot more out of it than I was expecting. Check in was efficient and I got a room overlooking the pool. The whole ambience at this hotel was very relaxed. I happened to be there at the same time as the Dubai Car Show, so the hotel was full of junior people in the industry and mechanics (I supposed the fatcats stayed at more glamorous hotels).

Yes, the location is very convenient for the exhibition centre, but also for the airport and easy access to the motorway means you can be anywhere very quickly, and that includes Yas Island, the Great Mosque and even the road to Dubai.

I found the room to be very big, and the bathroom area was excellent. Lots of storage space and a magazine rack with great up to date titles such as current week's Time Out Abu Dhabi.

The restaurant serves a mixture of buffet and a la carte for all meals, and is very fairly priced, with good quality. Had breakfast here on both days and found selection to be very good indeed.

The swimming pool was really nice, very large and refreshing and with a nice bar area, although maybe it could do with more sunloungers around the pool, rather than in the back with a construction area. From the pool you can access the compact but very modern gym, and there's a separate garden area for private functions.

The lobby bar was a little depressing, and food out of Re:fuel was uninspiring, although the top floor bar Relax@12 was extremely nice, with sweeping views. The club area wasn't so nice, with cheesy music and full of local men...

My only complaint would be that the parking gate would never work with my room key card, so had to ask for tickets at reception every time I would go out, but that's certainly a minor gripe.

For the price I can't think of better options in Abu Dhabi. Maybe the Yas Hotel is a "big sister" to the Aloft as it offers the same concept, but in a much more sophisticated surround.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Hey rafkam! Thanks a lot for a big review full of important facts, great comments and very nice compliments to our hotel. I am delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us! Nice to learn that you also as most of our guests found the location convenient and that you enjoyed our oversized rooms and bathroom area just as our Food & Beverage offer and quality. Great that you also took the time to chill out at the pool.
Our apologies for the technical inconvenience with the key card when exiting the car park. I trust that the parking tickets was somehow a temporary acceptable solution.
As you explain that you cannot think of a better option in Abu Dhabi for your next stay, we are already awaiting you! Let me know when are you are back so that I can personally welcome you this time.
Best wishes!
Rainer
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

After reading the previous reviews prior to writing this, I think Trekker500 did a super job summarizing this hotel. Aloft is a trendy concept hotel brought about by the Starwood/Westin Group in an effort to garner more dynamic clientele. The lobby/registration area is on the second floor where entrance is gained via elevators. I didn't use the self-check-in as there was adequate staff present. I found my assigned room well-appointed yet spartan in accommodation. There was a large king-sized bed with a very firm mattress but it was poorly mounted and squeaked and rattled whenever one sat upon it. There were two chairs in the room, one at the desk and another straight back chair without arms. I would have preferred an overstuffed chair with arms and perhaps an ottoman to read at rather than having a choice between sitting at the desk or on the bed. The roll down shades was well appreciated for keeping the light out and aided in overcoming jet lag. The closet was large enough to store most belongings and was equipped with a safe for locking up valuables however drawer space was split between the closet and an area underneath coffee and tea service area. I very much liked the extremely large shower - you could play racquetball in there! However, I would have preferred a large tub also, particularly after a long flight. The towels are indeed the largest I've ever seen made available in a hotel; I placed their measure at roughly 4' by 5'. Some quirks worth mentioning - the HVAC is controlled by a wall mounted thermostat. No matter what temperature I set it on it stayed a constant 19.5°C. To overcome the chill, I turned the AC off until it became too warm and then turned it back on. The elevator buttons do cancel themselves out if pressed twice. Those who are used to doing that to close the doors faster beware. Additionally, the elevators are chrome and glass and when calling for one a single bell announces their arrival. The quietness of the elevator door operation and the amount of chrome and glass used makes it difficult to discern which of the four elevators is available.

The restaurant area was typical of previous stays at Westin establishments and served from both an ala carte menu as well as a well-appointed buffet offering various tastes from around the world. The re:fuel grab-n-go service was often used and provided sufficient choices to meet my needs. I seldom used the bars but found most of the clientele there to be ex-Pats who lived in the area. The roof-top bar, relax@12, offered an unsurpassed sweeping panorama of Abu Dhabi that shouldn't be missed. The fifth floor Splash pool is novel in design in that it is above floor-level allowing the water to flow over its sides and is complete with trees growing from within using a similar arrangement.

Overall, this hotel really is for people attending Conferences at the adjacent National Exhibition Centre and by those seeking quiet solitude yet within easy access to the city. The hotel is located about 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi airport.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Hi there Omniscient1, WOW! Great extensive review! Thanks a lot for taking the time to write and post it. I am really glad to read that you were delighted by our facilities and features such as the oversized shower cabins, our huge cozy, plush towels and of course the outlets re:fuel for your grab n' go experience and our roof top lounge, Relax@12 with its breathtaking views from Abu Dhabi. The description of our infinity splash pool is fantastic, thanks for your flattering comments. I understand some guests would prefer to have the bathroom equipped with a bathtub. Indeed our brand developers conducted an extensive research confirming that most of the new generation of business travelers prefer an oversize shower cabinet as time to use the bathtub is not much during the trips. I regret that the bed in your room was not fixed properly causing the mentioned noises. This should obviously not be the case. I am not sure if you reported it as this could have been repaired immediately. Same thing with the A/C control that normally drops or rises the temperature as you desire. Although the title of your review expresses that the concept of our hotel doesn't necessary meet your taste, I must say that the Aloft Abu Dhabi team was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in overall and perhaps we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you once again for this great review! Best wishes! Rainer
Rhodes, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This business travellers' hotel is situated close to the airport and that was the reason of my stay. If have never been to an Aloft hotel (a fresh and value for money brunch of Starwood Hotel) I m sure you ll fnd the fashionable rooms with the most up-to-date technology nteresting! The public areas are moder and colorful as well. Most of the people working there are young and the service provided is pretty good!

• Stayed March 2010
Dear alexandrospassalis, your review might be brief but it is rich in content and with a few key words you make a very accurate description of the style and service of our hotel. The title already says a lot! Thanks for posting this nice review. See you back soon, best wishes! Rainer
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

To the manager of Relax Bar: Check your CCTV camera and see how your Staff treated my husband! Worst service ever, I will make sure I will leave bad reviews wherever I can to prevent people to going into such a place. When a customer pays a lot of money for a drink respect and good service is expected. All the bad reviews on this page are for a reason, TERRIBLE SERVICE!I have never been treated so badly by a barman in my life, short Filipino bartender incredibly rude. I had to wait 20 min for my change and on top of that I was insulted by the barman. Will never ever go back!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear shamelfreight, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Needless to say that I was disappointed to learn about your experience as it does not reflect the usual high levels of service and staff friendliness our relax@12 lounge bar is very well known for. As a matter of fact, with 87% of all 66 Tripadvisor reviews in a little more than one year of opening, being very positive (Tripadvisor calcualtion), we were concerned about the statement that all reviews on this page are bad. In fact, whenever the relax@12 lounge bar is mentioned on this website, it is to communicate excellent comments. Nevertheless I truly regret if our staff gave you reasons to feel upset as I am sure this was not the intention. Hopefully despite of this experience I will have the chance to welcome you to back and clarify this incident, redressing this whole situation and showing you why our Relax@12 rooftop lounge bar is one of the top establishments of its kind in the capital. Best regards, Rainer

Been to Aloft Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!