“Well above average Far Eastern fusion” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #768 of 1,706 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Asian
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Well above average Far Eastern fusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The me, the choice of the restaurant on-site at One to One the Village. Offering an eclectic mix of Far East and Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian. This place got my custom three times in less than a week.
Each time we went we were presented with a difference complimentary refresher drink and the same sesame encrusted cashews and soya beans in their pods with a chilli and soy sauce dip. To be honest the soya beans were past their best, although if you manage to get them out of their pods they were still okay, I could have eaten a bowl full of cashews.

On my various visits I had an excellent wonton soup, some tempura prawns sprinkled with black sesame accompanying a Green Mango salad and a Thai green papaya salad to which I asked for the sesame prawns to be added-no problem. Every starter I and my business colleague tried is fresh, tasty and absolutely hit the mark.

Main courses during our stay included Kung Po chicken, Laksa with prawns and chicken, Singapore noodles, a Vietnamese hot pot-all of which were fresh, well seasoned and spiced.
In my experience, restaurants, with a far Eastern theme are not especially good on desserts, this place did how offer however, offer the ubiquitous creme caramel, and exotic fruit salad and deep fried ice cream served over a pineapple carpaccio. Yes, deep fried ice cream. It was a cylinder of ice cream, wrapped in bread, tempura battered and then very quickly fried so the ice cream actually did remain frozen. An interesting combination that somehow seemed like the Far Eastern take on baked Alaska.

I was disappointed for this place thatthere were never more than half a dozen people in and it is definitely the pick of the five restaurants available on this site

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rosario
“Twice, and awhile back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Hotel lost its liquor license. Funky table arrangements. Food is Asian fusion--nothing special and price heavy. Better options in town.