“What a treat!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yas Island Rotana

Save Saved
You added Yas Island Rotana to your Saves list
Yas Island Rotana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Golf Plaza | P.O. Box 131755, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #37 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai
“What a treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed 2 nights for Eric Clapton concert and what an unexpected bonus this hotel turned out to be. From the moment we arrived we felt very special even though the hotel was FULL. The outside pool wasn't huge but it was never ever crowded and a very pleasant afternoon was spent relaxing. Breakfast was good and the scrambled eggs were delicious! And room service food was really delicious. Every single member of staff was really pleasant and most helpful. I tried to book another stay here but, sadly, it was full for the next concert.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

One of a group of hotels close to the airport and closer to race track, in a very open area with views across the desert, water etc.. Large, modern and comfortable room, pleasant outdoor pool and terrace, friendly and helpful staff, low price. Marvellous.
It might be a bit too near the airport (under take off flight path apparently) but that wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting family in UAE. Had drinks and dinner in the Y bar after sampling some of the cocktails, which were Buy One - Get One Free. Was pleasantly surprised that it was ladies night, so we were given free Martini-based drinks. Not my tipple of choice, but great that it's free. The Steak here was the best I have tasted in a long while.

Rooms were spacious and quiet, great bathroom with rain shower. Breakfast the next day was designed for all nationalities and taste buds, but we found something we liked.

Great hotel in an excellent location!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed here for two nights when we attended the Abu Dhabi Golf Champsionship. We used it as a base to travel to the Abu Dhabi Golf Course as we live in Dubai.

We had dinner in the Y bar and it was very good. The room (cheapest available) was very spacious and comfortable. The extras were high quality - toiletries, bathrobe, slippers etc. The hair dryer was slow, the only fault I found with the facilities.

The staff on check in were very friendly, although the process was slow. We were informed at check in that the breakfast was servered until 11am. This is something I always note as I am not an early riser but I hate to miss breakfast! We arrived for breakfast at 10.20 only to be told it finished at 1030 and that we had already missed the hot counter (cooked eggs). When I stated that we were informed it was 11 I received a blank look and was told again breakfast was finished at 1030. They were so fast to clear the buffet, I had to ask them to hold a minute while I took a youghart!

This was our only bad experience. The next morning we ensured we were at breakfast before 10 and the quality was good. All other staff we encountered were friendly, courteous and helpful.

Yas Island has 6 hotels within walking distance to each other, each offering choices in bars and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I booked this hotel needing to get away from the freezing European winter and what a find!

A small amout of research will tell you there is absolutely nothing nearby accept The F1 track, Ferrari World and 6 other hotels so anyone whinging about the location needs to blame themselves for lack of research. It was perfect for me.

The service cannot be faulted whatsoever. Everyone working there was polite and helpful. Unfortunately in that part of the world, a lot of peole treat hotel staff very badly so when I took a minute or 2 out of my day to have a short chat with them, you could see their eyes light up with appreciation. Maybe this is why they upgraded me to a wonderful room on the top floor on the corner with fabulous views over the F1 track and Ferrari World. Thank you Angelica!

The choice of restaurants not only in the Rotana but in all the other neighbouring hotels is vast but I must single out Rangoli, the Indian Restaurant which served up the best food I have eaten in a very long time.

Alcohol is expensive but look out for promotions at the lovely Y-Bar and I'm sure the bars in the other hotels also have a happy hour or something like that. The only slight irritation is that smoking is still widely accepted in the bars and restaurants which I'm sure will never change.

The pool is heated, which was a relief in January and when the diappears over the building around 2.30pm, you can use the pool at the hotel next door which is a bit more chilled out (still heated though) and has sun all day (if it shines!). The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were very much appreciated, especially at this colder time of the room.

Whenever returning from trips away, most people will say "It's nice to be back in my own bed". You won't say this after staying here. By far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and I have a bad back so I know what I'm talking about!

Thank you Yas Rotana for a very special 6 day stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed here for one night because it is near the airport. We were flying early the next morning. The online price was good. We used the pool in the afternoon, unfortunately it is in the shade of the hotel from mid afternoon, so our last blast of sunshine before heading back to Europe was short.
We had dinner in the Y bar it was good. My husband ordered a rare steak and yes it was delicious. I had the tempura artichoke and lamb skewers both were yummy.
The room was very high spec including bath robe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board (a first for me), free tea and coffee and frosted glass door in the bathroom!
The only limitation is the location, there is nothing to do locally the F1 and Ferarri center are close by but are closed on Monday (the day we were there).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed at the Yas Rotana for the UFC 112. The hotel was clean with nice rooms, we had inter-connecting rooms and faced no problems. The restaurant was a bit crowded at dinner time, but they had the fighters staying there, so we did not mind as it meant the kids got to meet them all. The food was good and we were happy with the service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Yas Island Rotana? Share your experiences!