“Noisy !” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yas Island Rotana

You added Yas Island Rotana to your Saves list
Yas Island Rotana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Golf Plaza | P.O. Box 131755, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Noisy !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is quite a nice hotel but it is located righ on the flight path into AD airport, so you get noise from landing aircraft from 5.30am. Paid extra for Club floor, however when you arrive they give you a bit of paper explaining that cocktails between 6.00 and 8.00pm are limited to 4 drinks, and a large G&T is 2 drinks, in addition no breakfast is served in the lounge so you need to go downstairs.
It is also annoying that the staff can not resolve complaints. One may think this is petty, but I was late in from work one night and wanted some light to eat. I ordered a Wagu beef burger with Porcini mushrooms, as i am partial to Porcini mushrooms, and asked this to come only with a small salad. It came with no salad but with French fries, so i sent it back. It then came again with salad, however the burger was only just warm, and after eating most of it because I could not be bothered to send it back again, I realised there were no Porcini mushrooms. When I pointed this out the the barman went away came back and said they did not have any. I explained that this was one of the reasons for me ordering the particular dish and he said OK next time you come you will get porcini mushrooms !! Bearing in mind this burger cost over £20, I was appalled, however he offered nothing else and they charged me the full price. I complained on checking, and it was " ok we will report it to the manager" and as you will probably guess nothing has been heard.

Room Tip: Do not bother with the club floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear ATGriff,

We are very thankful for your recent visit to Yas Island Rotana, and for taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can improve our overall services.

In particular, I appreciate your detailed explanation of your experience at our bar. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team, we intend to look into the root cause of the problem you experienced so that it does not happen again.

With regards to the Club Rotana, we value your feedback very much and will do the necessary changes to ensure it adds maximum value to our guests' business or leisure trip.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you again soon, kind regards,

nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were at this hotel with a group a couple of nights. Hotel's facilities are pretty nice, pool excellent but the service itself.....
First trouble was faced already at the reception - the check-out date, which was written on the key box was wrong, for all group members. Second trouble was at rooms - even though we ordered twins for all, some group members did become doubles. I don't have anything against my colleagues but still it was pretty disturbing to sleep with one of them in the same bed under same blanket. Then it needed to be extrabeds in almost every room we ordered. When we came into rooms, extra beds were still missing. Only after calling to reception some indian guy brought the extrabed. BUT he forgot all other set for third person - towels, shampoos, everything. Only after calling reception AGAIN and waiting we became the rest of our stuff.
Then, if somebody wants go to the pool and needs to use changing rooms, the spa reception need to get your room key as a deposit. When they returned me my key after swimming back, key didn't work, so I needed to go downstairs again and change the key to the new one. And nobody even apologized because of situation! I'm just wondering, what all of their employees, standing in hotel lobby are really doing trough their duty? I'd rather get the real Service, than 5 chinese girls standing in lobby and saying "Hello how are you" 5 times per day.
No thanks, even though rooms vere very good and breakfast excellent. In our case bad service destroyed all the impressions.

Dear Lucky L,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, it was indeed a pleasure to have you at Yas Island Rotana.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the Housekeeping and the Recreation team. With regards to the departure date and bed configuration, I know that the Front Office team unfortunately did not have the correct information prior to the group arrival, otherwise we would have certainly made the necessary arrangements.

We hope that you will be able to visit us again in order to experience the real level of service you can expect at our hotel; please feel free to contact me any time.

With best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Enjoying the wonderful voice of Andrea Bocelli and his team at the Du Arena and staying at the Rotana Yas Island in one trip was a wonderful experience. This came as a package deal and it was wonderful. The breakfast the morning after was a delicious spread and we all enjoyed it. We will be back for more!

Dear Duppie17,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing Yas Island Rotana!

Please come again soon and visit us so you can try our wide variety of restaurants and facilities and to discover more of what Yas Island has to offer.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My last review 21 Nov 2012 - noted several areas for improvement. This time around it was 95% excellent. Different room (I had a corner room last time) was still good. Great attention to details - everything worked as it should. Staff were excellent and the buffet breakfast was the highlight of the stay again. Perfect place to stay for business and close to the other Yas Island hotels (walk across the road) that have a good mix of restaurants. - Love the Amerigos Bar at the Park Inn.

My only gripe and suggestion
Please designate a small smoking area for those that wish to smoke around the swimming pool. As a non-smoker, everywhere I went around the pool, even near the kids section had smokers. I ordered lunch to eat at a sun lounge and two people lit up beside me and spoiled the experience. Smokers are a minority, I respect their right to smoke, but give them a designated area and make sure they don't stray. Adds to everyone's enjoyment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear AlphaVictor2,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and your contribution, we are honoured to be your favorite hotel on Yas Island.

Your compliments for the breakfast are very much appreciated, and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Additionally, you raise a very valid point about the smoking in public areas and around the pool, we will certainly look into it to improve all of our guests' experiences with us.

Please don't be long before you visit us again, it will be our pleasure!

Florence, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Spent three days for business, a good location and reasonable service. Not luxurious but good enough for a business week. Rooms are large and comfortable, restaurants good, the pool area could be improved but fair enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tennis1967,

Thank you very much for the review, we are pleased to know that you have had an enjoyable three days with us. All your comments are much appreciated and shared with the team.

We hope to welcome you back very soon, until then all the best.

every where
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been a Rotana Rewards member for four years so I expected a first class experience. Unfortunately when we arrived at the hotel we were asked to sit and wait in order for the check-in desk. I see what the staff were trying to do, but when several customers don't listen and just go straight to the desk, that method doesn't work. We waited 30minutes to check-in as several selish tourists decided to not follow instructions.
When checking in I had requested an up grade on-line but there was never any mention of that. We had two rooms booked and we were instructed that only one was available (5:35pm) and the other had a light bulb being replaced so couldn't check in.....I thought check out was at 12pm, giving them ample time to prepare our room.
So we go upstairs to the one room that was available and were hit by the STENCH of stale cigarette smoke, that was great as my friend with us is 7 months pregnant.
The other room finaly became available at 6:30pm (1 hr later). Good size rooms, nice bathrooms so no complaints about that..but our room had a dirty sheet as per the picture. Maybe they were standing on the bed to change that lightbulb?! Apart from the dirty cover, the beds are very comfrtable.
Went for dinner in Y bar, reasonably priced just expect 40 minute wait for your food if semi busy. Also the portions of food really didn't meet my expectations. As a side 6 wedges thin, dry and tasteless. So left wanting more food.
Pool area is great, breakfast was better than any other Rotana we have been to (Normally I dont even think about going to breakfast at Rotanas becuase they are terrible).
No mention of late check out or any other special benefits for being a Rotana Member, so we left disatisfied with the service!!!!!
Think I might try to dig out my other hotel reward cards and choose another branded hotel next time.

Room Tip: Pool side for the views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear burchonthemove,

Thank you very much for all your feedback regarding your last stay at Yas Island Rotana, and we certainly owe you a big apology for the shortfalls you experienced during your short visit.

Please know that we had duly noted your feedback and have rolled out concrete actions to address all the issues you have raised. We sincerely hope we are able to offer a better experience for you on a future occasion.

Until then, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly should you have any further concerns.

Our thanks and best regards,

South West England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After visiting five top Hotels in Abu Dhabi, we chose the Yas Island Rotana as the venue for a major 5 day event, accommodating over 100 international guests. The Hotel far exceeded our already high expectations and played a critically important role in enabling us to deliver a supremely successful event

The Service provided by all of the staff was second to none - absolutely faultless! The event organisation was complex, carried out over a period of several months and we were forced to make several key decisions and changes at the last minute. Without exception, ever staff member with whom we were in contact delivered the highest possible professional service. Ms Dima Baradhy (Director of Events) was simply outstanding! She and her team went far beyond the already high expectations we had to make sure that everything ran like clockwork. Despite our constraints and various changes, absolutely nothing was too much trouble for Dima and her colleagues.

The venue, accommodation and facilities are all of the very highest standard. The food was impeccable, in terms of both quality and variety. Many of our guests congratulated us on our choice of Hotel for the event and not one of them raised any issues whatsoever. With 100+ guests over 5 nights, this amounts to over 500 nights in the Hotel, so represents a highly significant sample size!

In summary, if you're looking for a Top Quality Luxury Hotel in Abu Dhabi, for a very reasonable price, look no further than that Yas Island Rotana. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

Room Tip: We booked 100 rooms for our party and not one complaint was received!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear FalconBirder,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we were honoured to host your event and guests and I am very happy that you were fully satisfied with Yas Island Rotana. Our objective has been met: to enable you to have the most successful event possible.

Your comments about Dima and the entire are very much appreciated, and I will certainly share with the kitchen and service team as well.

You can certainly expect the same exemplary service and responsiveness from our team for your next event, it will only be our pleasure to welcome you back.

nadim.elzyr@rotana.com

Been to Yas Island Rotana? Share your experiences!