“Not for golfers!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

Save Saved
You added Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yas Island Leisure Drive, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Not for golfers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel, service, food and facilities top class but if you are playing golf on yas island would recommend you don't stay here! You cannot get a taxi back to the hotel! Instead you get a golf buggie to the nearby crowne plaza and then get a very grumpy taxi driver to take you to the hotel or you can walk it in less than 10mins but carrying clubs can feel like forever in the heat! We even called the hotel to pre arrange but taxi did not appear - so disappointed :(

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear BlueTomato28,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Yas Viceroy, its facilities and the services of our colleagues.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your challenges in obtaining a taxi from the beautiful Yas Links golf course and I will certainly share this feedback with them. Of course, it should be easily possible to call a taxi for pick-up at that location.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Certainly is a 5 star hotel, the rooms are spacious, clean and luxurious.
We stayed in the Marina block which was quieter than the main block. There was some F1 car practising happening during our stay and they make a heck of a noise - you need earplugs when bathing by the roof pool on the main building or some good headphones. Not so bad on the Marina building pool.
Place is really modern, remote controlled curtains and lighting.
Looks really cool at night with the different colours on the glazed over cladding.
It is a fair way from Abu Dhabi downtown - 30 mins in a taxi, but next door to Ferrari world and water world.
We had the buffet breakfast @ 125 dhms each, not cheap but very good quality.
We loved it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for your lovely impressions of Yas Viceroy. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel a couple of times to attend running events that took place on Yas Island, both stays were quite nice. The service is prompt and cheerful, the rooms and the bathrooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. The hotel's exterior and interior design are very impressive. Definitely worth checking out, only minor issues were that valet service could be slow sometimes and that the pool can get crowded rather easily and is rather small. The breakfast is also very good, the variety is not impressive, but the food quality definitely makes up for it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear omardxb,

Thank you for posting a brief review on TripAdvisor.

Of course, it is good to read that you enjoyed several stays with us already and enjoyed them. I am sharing your feedback on the valet parking and the quality of breakfast with the team so that we can improve in the future. We are also reviewing our pool areas as part of a planned project in 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

luton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at the Yas for 5 nights a couple of weeks before the F1 and it was an excellent stay.
On arrival they'd noted the trip was part of my 50th birthday celebration and had upgraded our room and in the room was a beautiful hand made chocolate cake with Happy 50th Birthday on it! Room was huge with lovely views over the marina and circuit. Bed very very good. Oh, I almost forgot, if you don't have a degree in engineering you'll need help to work the lights, aircon and tv.

There is some racing on the track most nights, great to see and if you want to splash a little cash then take Aston Martin for a run. It's noisy outside so don't book and then moan about the noise, just don't book.

Breakfast was amazing - just about everything you could imagine from smoked salmon to steak and eggs to white chocolate bite sized doughnuts. The Italian restaurant was excellent but the portions are huge so we were full after the bread, olives, starter - but that didn't stop us! Food and drinks in the hotel are not too expensive £5 beer £10 cocktail, dinner for two with nice wine and two courses around £80.

The roof bar was a lovely with great cocktails (free to ladies on Weds) and great bar snacks.

Abu Dhabi must do's - behind the scenes tour our the Yas Marina F1 circuit, Ferrari World was great fun, although we didn't both feel the same about the worlds fastest roller coaster (longest minute of my life). The hotels beach was well looked after and organised. We didn't go to Yas waterworld but others said it was great fun. A free hotel bus regularly goes around these attractions

The hotel is on an island a 20min taxi ride from the down town Abu Dhabi but to be honest taxis are so cheap, we used them to get around. Or there is a Big Bus Tour that goes down town, to all the above attractions with one of the hop on hop off stops being the Yas Viceroy hotel, which may be a cheaper option. We just didn't want to waste time.

Your must go to the Grand Mosque - it really is gob smackingly lovely and the free tour give you an insight into the build and materials from all over the world. Have a wander around the Emirates Palace and then over to the Ethiad Towers for afternoon tea to watch the sun set.

Dubai v Abu Dhabi - if you only want to go to one, then choose Dubai as there is more to do and just take a day trip (organised or by self drive) to Abu Dhabi.

All in all we loved this hotel and both our visits to UAE.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 3rd floor where the track and marina view aren't block by the steel covers.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear donna b b,

Thank you for your detailed review of Yas Viceroy, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi as a destination. It is wonderful to read all the lovely impressions you had of our hotel and the surrounding areas.

I am glad that you enjoyed our services and I hope that you will return in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stay in Abu Dhabi once a year, and this year I thought I’d push the boat out and treat myself to a luxurious experience at the modernist Viceroy hotel. Bad mistake. This is the least relaxing hotel I have ever stayed in, even the one in Ibiza where there was an impromptu rock concert next door. I would have had a more relaxing time with a small, irritating child gaffer-taped to my head. From my arrival at 2 (where I was told that there would be F1 testing until sunset) until 6, I found that there is no place to escape from the dreadful noise that haunts you in this place. The family pool? No chance. Noise. The quiet pool? Even noisier, where the brave sunbathers are forced to wrap towels around their heads to drown out some of the noise. What about one of the bars or restaurants? Noise. And they don’t open until 7pm. And the rooms are just as bad, probably worse. I’m no scientist but it seems to be noisier in the bath under the water. There is no respite from the constant horror of the surrounding cars. On my (temporary) escape, where I went to a neighbouring hotel for dinner (almost exploding my eardrums on the way) I complained to the concierge, who informed me that the testing and the cacophonous disaster that follows it will be going until 10pm. I then asked for some earplugs, to be told they don’t have any complimentary ones! Absolutely farcical! How on earth do they expect to run a hotel, where there is no area to relax between 2pm and 10pm? I don’t know but I was unfortunate enough to be duped by a no-refund policy. Maybe this would be an acceptable hotel for the aurally-impaired but for me it is an absolute nightmare. A truly horrible experience. And the nightclub hasn’t even started yet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
YasViceroy, Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Griggsy295424,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry that you had such a poor experience due to the noise from the race track. It is certainly true that some of the racing activities can be very noisy.

I will share your comment on the ear plugs with our team as we do have complimentary ones available if needed - I am sorry that you were not informed correctly.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed he are when visiting Abu Dhabi the experience was the best ever. The rooms were fantastic, the view over the race track and the sound foe the cars was thrilling to say the least. The Indian food in the hotel was fabulous, the terrace restaurant and bars were great sitting under the stars with the changing lights on the roof. We did go off and do some sight seeing but really would have preferred to spend the whole weekend at the hotel. Want to return soon got a taste of the 5 star luxury difficult to top this experience. The beach was nearby we were chauffeured to and from the only dislike was the loud house type music played on the beach not necessary couldn't escape it, the staff on the beach were attentive sea like a warm bath.

Room Tip: Select a room over looking the track such a thrill
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for sharing your review about Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am thrilled with your comments and will share the same with our team as a means of motivation for even more success in future. I will also advise our neighbours from Yas Beach regarding the music and see how this can be reviewed.

I hope to welcome you back to Yas Viceroy soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

It’s one of my favorite hotels in Abu Dhabi I enjoy my time with my spouse. It’s luxury and relaxing. it have a nice Aisa restureant and italiyan.They have beautiful arrange for the room if you have special occasion. I try them in April for my husband birthday party.

Room Tip: I try different room but I love the one have Marina view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Salma A,

Thank you for your brief thoughts on Yas Viceroy and it is wonderful to see you enjoyed our hotel.

Please be back soon.

Oliver Bruns

Been to Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!