“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi

You added Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yas Island Leisure Drive, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Suite Savings
Ranked #12 of 120 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tunis, Tunisia
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice hotel, high value of services and accomodation even the room rate is above the average, the location liked to the Marina and F1 racing give the hotel a high value to spend a couple of days for vacation

Room Tip: most rooms have a view on the Marina, very beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear rghr,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am pleased to read that your time here was an enjoyable on and that our services and rooms met with your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With Best Regards,

Heiner Werdeling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from another stay at the Yas Viceroy. Great hotel, amazing architecture, which hasn't aged since we visited last year. The restaurants are still very nice, and the Espa is exceptional.
Ask for a room on a higher floor, it has better views.
We asked the opening times of the Al Forsan to the Concierge, and were given the wrong times (during holidays, The Al Forsan opens much earlier than normal).

Room Tip: High Floor. Avoid the second floor: it has much passage as it is the bridge between the two parts...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear 007EMC2

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on trip advisor following your return stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that the hotel was as you remembered it and that your dining and Spa experiences met with your expectations.

I would like to apologise on behalf of our concierge team for giving you inaccurate timings to Al Forsan, I have addressed this with them to ensure they double check information before advising our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, I do hope you return for a third stay very soon.

Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice, neat and clean with so many great luxuries. Situated right into the F1 track, this hotel gives you a great look of the Yas island and F1 track. The only drawback is its little overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear MudsMuds

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your visit to the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that your stay was a pleasurable one and that you enjoyed the view of the Formula 1 race track.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bingley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

From arriving at the airport and receiving the transfer to the hotel until the moment we checked out the service we received was of the highest standard. The hotel was outstanding. Rooms were spacious with a good sized bathroom. There was a lovely spread for breakfast which couldn't be faulted. Only good things to say about this hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2012
TheYasHotel, General Manager at Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear The Tourist2087

Thank you for posting your complimentary review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and that the rooms provided you with comfort.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I´ve always wanted to visit this hotel because I´m an enthusiast of motor-racing. The property is built right on the Abu Dhabis Formula 1 Grand Prix track.
I spent a night with my wife here in the middle of September 2012 on a stopover from the Maldives. The place is perfect if you have planned to visit the Ferrari World amusement park, just a cheap 5 USD ride from the hotel (8-10 minutes).
We stayed at a Marina Deluxe Room with a balcony heading to the Marina. The rooms, as the building itself are out of the ordinary. The design is fabulous and everything looks very high tech. Even if you can´t see it from the outside, the room has a balcony where you can sit and watch the boats passing by. That is if you can stand the outside temperature and air humidity.
The hotel consists of two different towers and the rooms might be tricky to find. Each tower has its own pool. We visited both and if you appreciate design you will like them, despite the extreme heat.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic (surprisingly better than on the Emirates Palace where we stayed the following nights) with all you can imagine.
The service was great in every aspect.
By the way if you wonder about the title, I think the hotel looks like a giant turtle.
I would certainly come back to this hotel as I feel I got a lot of value for the buck.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Zorrito_10

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a comment on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.

It is a pleasure to read that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay and that our services extended met your expectations.

I must admit I have heard some great references in relation to the design of the hotel but have never heard anyone call it the Big Turtle!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed there on October 26, 2012 in Building 2, Level 3, Room 22 (Room 2322).

To beging with, The Yas Viceroy is not only a hotel, it is a Landmark Building that shapes the modern Abu Dhabi.

There are two people named (Yousef) working at the hotel, one at the valet parking and the other at the reception. If it wasnt for the later, this review would have been the worst review I made on Trip Advisor. Yes, I had a bad experience @ The Viceroy! Yes, I was offered a free night stay! Yes, I was offered to waive all my bill including the Spa @ the ESPA! I chose to keep the bill as it is except for room service, refuse an additional free night, and make sure the Spa treatment remains on the bill because it is worth it!

I will list all the points that made the Yas Viceroy stay be a nightmare, I would also like to note that some of these points are indirectly related to the hotel.

There are no proper signs when driving to the hotel and it is easy to get lost if you are driving to/from the area. The area is still under construction/development. At night time, you can avoid getting killed if you simply drive slowly and with care towards an intersection even if the green lights are on. A lot of vehicles cross the red lights at high speed! The area needs proper signs and direction and SPEED BUMPS!

Once you reach the hotel gate/entrance, you could easily get lost and find yourself in the basement parking as the way to the lobby has orange cones that may cone you that the road is blocked.

We arrived on the first day of Eid Al Adha, and we were only provided with refreshing towels on arrival! Eid Al Adha is a great occassion and I was expecting decorations, Arabian Coffee, dates, chocolates, like any other hotel in the Emirates. The hotel management needs better planning and scheduling! Please dont try to use the preparations for the F1 event as an excuse for getting you busy!

Check-in time is at 3PM. Guests usually go for light snacks, soft drinks, coffee, or even late lunch after check-in. Origins (the main dining restaurant) was closing. The hotel must find a way to align the timings of Origin with Check-in.

The Spa at ESPA is PERFECT! I was served by Gonzales and he knows what he is doing! I confidently would rate the experience as World Class! Yes, I would certainly come back for the Spa but not to stay at the hotel!

The Marina Deluxe Room does not offer what I expected from a Marina View. We left the curtains closed most of the time. The room is modern, high-tech, clean, and spacious!

There was a box of tissue paper in the room that had two pieces of tissue paper. I will certainly put Tissue Box on my checklist the next time I come back to the hotel!

The bathroom is modern and has a nice bath tub, an excellent partinioned standing shower, a partioned toilet area. There is no rubbish bin in the toilet, there is only one bin under the sink!!! Are guests expected to walk out from the toilet with used toilet paper in their hands? Or should we bring a plastic bag with us everytime we use the toilet? I'll go with the later solution!

Room service is poor. We requested that our room be cleaned when we go out for dinner. When we arrived, the room was the same as we left it including the dining room tray and we had to clean the room by ourselves! Reminded me of self-catering service/accommodation, but in a five-star hotel :)

Breakfast @ Origins is the biggest shock! We were asked to have breakfast at another restaurant which offered everything as Origins. The reason being it was full. The shock comes when we saw people fighting over the food and places to sit. The breakfast experience was enough to cancel all our Abu Dhabi plans (a yacht cruise in Abu Dhabi Marina and a foot massage at a nearby spa) and head back to Dubai.

When leaving the hotel, and after crossing the bridge and gate, it would be a nice idea to have signs and directions (e.g. Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island, Dubai, Ferrari World, etc).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear RabieAkela

I would like to apologise for the series of challenges faced during your time here. We take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction however; very unfortunately, on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Kindly be advised that your comments have been addressed with our colleagues for immediate action.

I am grateful to know that your experience in the Spa was an enjoyable one and shall pass your compliments on to Gonzales.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi . I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to re-instill your faith in our product and services.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked into the Yas Hotel for a short break from Dubai. We usually stay at the cheaper hotel options such as the Radisson Blu or Park Inn but we seen a pretty good deal which matched the other hotels on Yas Leisure Drive. On arrival the service was top notch and we were taken care of quickly. We were shown to our room which was a nice touch by the gentleman checking us in.

As for the room, I felt it was a bit cold and not as comfortable as other hotels I have stayed in. Not sure if it was the tiled floor and modern space age look of the furniture. We also couldn't use the balcony to sit outside like the other hotels on Yas. Having stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world I wouldn't class this room as the best, but on the positive side it was well equipped and spotless.

Anyway for the positives. The hotel has an excellent choice of restaurants and this would mean there are plenty of choices when staying for a few nights. Other hotels on Yas lack this and the Viceroy certainly earns it 5 star status purely for this. Must try the Arabic restaurant.

The executive lounge provides free drinks from 6pm-8pm so be sure to book this package as part of your deal. Well worth it....

The quiet pool area (Marina Wing) was great on Friday as there were no children (we were told the children use the other pool in the main building). Great pool, good service, great sunbeds and great cocktails. However, the following day the pool area was full and quite a few children which meant the pool area was not quiet. This isn't a negative thing for us but if you have a policy for the pools maybe worth sticking to it as some guests may not like this.

For us we will be going back for a short break due to the fact Yas Viceroy has many restaurants and bars to keep us adults entertained for a weekend, but only if we get a decent deal!!!

Room Tip: Get an executive club room but ask for high floor. We were on the 2nd floor so the view was not grea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AJUAE

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback and am delighted to know that your overall stay was an enjoyable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another short break soon!

Heiner Werdeling

Been to Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!