“Best Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Corniche Road | Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, Abu Dhabi 640, United Arab Emirates
+971 2 697 0238
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 1,618 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Spice up your nights with great Mexican food and lively South American music. Serving the authentic flavours of Mexico such as fajitas, chimichangas, tacos and enchiladas, El Sombrero is a firm favorite amongst Abu Dhabi's residents. Live entertainment from our Latin trio: Sunday - Friday
uae
“Best Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I love this restaurant, the atmosphere is great, food equally as good. Just disappointed because they turn you away when they have booking s and the majority of the tables are empty.

Yves446, Director of Sales at El Sombrero, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear Mushie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Mexican Restaurant “El Sombrero” on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and found our food offering as well as our service quality to be of high standards.

In regards to accepting guests while the restaurant is fully booked but seats are still available it really depends on the situation at the time of the request. WE would of course normally be flexible as it is in our interest to have as many customers as possible but at times, it is better to be safe and ensure to save keep a table if a guest has made a reservation for it. It is true depending on the timing of the request versus the expected guest arrivals, whether we have guest’s that are about to finish dining and from which we can expect a table rapidly.

You may rest assured that our team does its best to accommodate all guess requests and that occurrence’s such as the one you have mentioned are very rare.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments which will be shared with our team

Warm regards

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager

italy
“If you love Mexico, that's your place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have been several times to el Sombrero, and it has never disappointed me.
I like the atmosphere and the decòr, as well as the live band. The food is excellent.... I love the nachos and salsa they give you as you seat in. Try the frozen margaritas.... is the best I have ever had! The service is good, and also the price.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Alroitaly,

Thank you for your wonderful review of El Sombrero.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive comments on the dining experience of our guest’s

El Sombrero is indeed the ideal place for the Mexican food lovers and I can only share your opinion on the Margaritas.

I hope to meet with you on your next visit.

Once again thank you and warm regards

Yves Tarabout
Deputy General Manager
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Good Mexican food with great margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

High standard Mexican food, well presented with good service and nice atmosphere. Nothing outstanding, but a very nice meal and I will visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Yves446, General Manager at El Sombrero, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear FW Traveller,

thank you very much for posting a review of our El Sombrero Restaurant on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased to learn that you will visit our restaurant again and the El Sombrero team and I look very much forward to meeting you personally on your next visit. For now, I wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year 2012 and remain with kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal
thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Tex Mex- Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Festive restaurant in the Sheraton Corniche Hotel. Great Tex Mex and margaritas. Live music nightly. Total fiesta vibe. When craving Tex Mex, this is a fun place to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Face4,

Thank you very much for your review of our El Sombrero Restaurant on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and considering that you probably have a number of good Mexican Restaurants in Washington DC to compare El Sombrero with, your compliments are very special and I will of course share them with our culinary and service team at the restaurant. I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon on your next visit to Abu Dhabi and I look forward to meeting you personally. I wish you a very happy and prosperous new Year 2012 and remain with kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com
Aberdeen
“Lack of Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Food was good, but we had to wait for long periods of time to be served with drinks & food. There seemed to be a lack of staff. Note - there is a band singing while you are eating - this can be a little distracting if you are trying to have a conversation.

• Visited September 2011