We are just back after spending 6 nights in the Traders Hotel in Abu Dhabi, we really enjoyed our stay there.
The hotel is very modern with a very colorful reception area, we booked a superior room and were very happy with it, it was very spacious, very nicely decorated and had all the extras of a luxury hotel in terms of thick and fluffy towels, extremely comfortable bed, loads of toiletries, bathrobes, slippers, etc.
The location was perfect for us since we were looking for a quiet place to relax, the Traders is besides its sister hotel, the very posh Shangri-la, between both hotels there are the Shangri-la private residences (a few Arabic buildings with their own private swimming pool and beach surrounded by lovely gardens and a small river running between the premises) and a souk (Arabic style market with little shops and really nice restaurants) to get to the souk there's a lovely walk around the private residences gardens and along the sea front, with a beautiful view of the sea, the impressive mosque and the just opened Ritz-Carlton hotel. By the way, at night time the Ritz-Carlton lights up in a way that looks like a building made of gold!
The best part of the Traders is probably the private beach, apart from the beautiful setting, the staff running the beach area really go beyond their duty to spoil you rotten.
Our first morning there we went down to the beach bringing our own water, the guys there, Dan and Amina, couldn't be more professional and friendly, they set up for us two very comfortable beach beds and a side table with a cooler box with 2 bottles of water inside, during the day they come a couple of times to ask if we needed more water and at mid morning when it gets really hot they come to offer a small towel rolled with ice to refresh ourselves, they also gave us 2 lovely book marks, they just couldn't be nicer.
I've been in other hotels where i felt the staff were being nice just looking for a tip but it didn't feel that way at all in the Traders, they just seem genuinely nice and happy to help.
On Thursday nights they do a BBQ in the hotel beach and we stayed there for dinner, it was absolutely delicious and plenty of choice, i highly recommend it.
So when we found out that for New Year's eve they were also doing a BBQ and NYE party on the beach we decided to book it even though it was quite pricey, the food that night was good but the choice was surprisingly poor, i guess this was because they were catering for a lot more people than normally but still, it was a bit disappointing. Still, we enjoyed the party and had a good night.
Outside the hotel, we went for dinner twice to an Indian restaurant called Ushna in the souk near the hotel, we had dinner outside overlooking the sea and the mosque, really romantic and the food is gorgeous.
We wanted to relax mainly but still managed to do a couple of excursion; we went to the Heritage Village, the lonelyplanet guide said it was free and open until 9 pm, we arrived a bit after 5 and found that it was indeed open but everything inside (the market, museum, etc) was closed! so if you decide to go, be there earlier than 5.
Near the Heritage Village is the very luxurious Emirates Palace hotel, we had read in the book that an afternoon tea there cost 50 euro each and they have a gold vending machine (!) we were not sure if it was worth the visit but since we were in the same area we went to have a look and took a few pictures, at least it's free!
What it was more than worth it is the visit to the mosque, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle bus that brings you there and collects you an hour and half later, the mosque is the most beautiful mosque i ever seen.
All in all we really enjoyed our time in the Traders, we were looking for comfort and relaxation and we got it big time!
- Also Known As:
- Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland, Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi is a contemporary luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi situated ten minutes' drive from the city's international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre and 15 minutes from the Corniche and city centre. The hotel features 301 well-appointed rooms and suites, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern and contemporary style. Rooms start at a spacious 32 square metres and for travellers requiring the highest levels of service and attention, the hotel also offers 93 Traders Club rooms and suites with a dedicated lounge on the 9th floor. Additional benefits of staying at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi include the ease of access to a whole complex, including cross-signing privileges for CHI, the Spa at Shangri-La and Shangri-La operated restaurants and bars. All areas can be accessed by club cars, while just a short stroll away is the Abras (Arabic gondola) waterway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.