“Classic 5 star Rotana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Rotana Abu Dhabi

Save Saved
You added Park Rotana Abu Dhabi to your Saves list
Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Salam Street | near Khalifa Park, Abu Dhabi 43377, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #28 of 116 hotels in Abu Dhabi
Asyut, Egypt
“Classic 5 star Rotana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great service, with hosts in lobby, had a small meeting there in the grand conference hall.
Dinner was good, and so was the breakfast. Gym very nice, with a nice pool.
Outside central Abu Dhabi, 20 min by taxi to downtown. Also 20 min to Ferrari world.
Large capacious rooms with all the facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

Thank you so much for posting your online review of our hotel which will also be helpful to other Trip Advisor users.

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back in the very near future.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Yep, put up here for 20 days and nights...quite a lengthy stay but not once did the impeccable service slip. Agree wholeheartedly with the other recent reviews that commend the management of the hotel - the standard is set high and maintained.
Knowledgable concierge service. NIce public areas with good choice of high quality dining options. Spa has extensive offer, and the pool with a swim-up bar is fab (if a little overlooked!).
The rooms are large and well equipped, serviced twice daily and kept spotlessly clean. The location is quiet - accessible but not blighted by traffic or airport noise. Good to have an open space on the doorstep with the park.
Highly highly recommended, with the great hospitality surely guarenteed!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi!

It is indeed wonderful to hear that you had a pleasurable stay in our hotel and were highly satisfied with the facilities and services that we offer.

Our team is very much grateful having received your flattering comments, which continuously motivate us to strive to be the best in everything that we do.

Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you back with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We visited this hotel to go to Amador Restaurant and Cellar (reviewed separately under restaurant reviews). The hotel is incredibly well managed and this was apparent from first point of contact, continued during our one night stay, evident in the club lounge, execution of the turndown service, Amador was unbelievable (read my review because it really is a gem) and management followed through post departure with my comments. It's not often a hotel has this level of management and as they have now put on a new promotion offer to eat at Amador and stay at the hotel we are returning in 2 weeks for a repeat. Can't wait. Oh yes and with the park next door you can do a decent run while this cool weather lasts. Impeccable hotel for the money. Thank you to Park Rotana management for your commitment to service.

Room Tip: Choose a club room with club lounge access. Free wifi, lovely place for evening drinks and a quiet...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about Amador Restaurant and Cellar as well as our hotel in general.

I am very delighted to learn that you have been very pleased with your stay and dining experience with us and our team looks forward to your many more days spent at the Park Rotana.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We came here for one night in order to try out the new restaurant - Amador. I have to say I was extremely impressed. The staff were courteous of course and really happy to go that extra mile to assist, the room was immaculately clean and large with small design touches of lighting that made it comfortable and intimate. Very good for the money I must say. The club lounge is superb. If you have a club room do go in the evening for a glass of wine before dinner, it's extremely convivial with candles and lovely staff. We ate breakfast in this club lounge the next morning and again, good service was ever present. The turndown service in the evening was above and beyond the ordinary, more like a full room service. Extraordinary. But honestly the management of this hotel are amazing. We live in Dubai and I was so impressed with Amador that I mentioned I would like to return and they were responsive well beyond my expectations and even now have a new special Amador package which includes room in the hotel, degustation menu for two, wine and breakfast for an unbelievable price. Really, no more than eating at one of the more basic hotel restaurants here. I'm not sure how long it will be available for as this is a new restaurant obviously still building on it's client base but while this package is available it's absolutely perfect for us in Dubai wanting to eat 3 michelin star level at an outstanding price. The Khalifa Park is next door and I was able to do a good 1 hour run the next morning. I've already booked a return visit under this new promotion price. Counting down the days already!

Room Tip: I would recommend a club room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for spending some time to share your marvelous experience at the Park Rotana to other users of Trip Advisor.

It is very heartening for me and my team to know that you have been very impressed by the facilities and services of our hotel, most especially the new addition in our line of F&B outlets, Amador.

I will ensure that your positive feedback will not come to pass and be shared amongst the rest of my team members as such comments will continuously encourage us to consistently provide the utmost service to our valued guests such as yourself.

Looking forward to have you back to the Park Rotana Complex very soon.

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The schedule shows me three nights in Abu Dhabi for early April and the family decides to join me on this trip.
No beachfront property this time due to ongoing construction activities in Abu Dhabi. Looking for a hotel between the airport and the city shows me the Park Rotana as well located with an arrival early morning by Etihad and also an very early morning departure back to Frankfurt.
A suite with the Club Rotana was prepared for us when we arrived in the late morning. No time to wait and we´re immediatelly guided by a nice young woman to the top level of the hotel. Floor nine with the Club Rotana special area where we checked in finally. Breakfast was also ready for us.
Super nice staff around with the lounge and also the hotel itself. Delicious food offerings for breakfast at the Ginger restaurant and also for dinner, booked in advance.
Also real personal service there by a middle aged asian woman in charge for our table.
The lounge offers food and drinks/coffee/tea along the day.
The pool is also nice and guided. Easy to catch a chair also when you arrive in the early afternoon.
No problems to sleep at night also with the highway close by.
Downsides?: As far as the hotel is well located and good to reach by car, free parking by the way, as far away from the attractions is it when you don´t have a car available. There is a bus stop in front off the hotel, but I saw not that much busses running. Taxi´s are an option, but that might be pricey in the end.
Therefore I recommend to enjoy the adventure of driving in Abu Dhabi with you´re small Mitsubishi or Toyota between all that Porsche´s and Daimler´s. Cars are cheap, if you book it in advance.
And well the climatisation is to strong from my point of view, but that looks like the usual state of the art in gulf hotel locations. We shut down the climatisation for the room completely and doing well this way.
With the earlier than standard restaurant time departure, the Club lounge offered us room service breakfast for free, much more than we expected this way.
Once again for the Park and Club Rotana?. Sure!.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ParkRotanaAbuDhabi, General Manager at Park Rotana Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Greetings from Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi!

First of all, we would like to thank you for posting a very informative review about our hotel here on Trip Advisor which will be of great help to other travelers.

I am glad to learn about you and your family’s positive experience whilst in Abu Dhabi as well as your consideration to stay again in our property for your future business travels.

Looking forward to the pleasure of hosting you once again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

it's lovely, maybe a bit pricey, but then i didn't have to pay for it. it's located conveniently right next to the executive airport, so it's convenient only if you own a private jet. which i don't, so it's a 30 minutes cab ride (without traffic) to the plebs' airport. luckily, you hardly hear any planes land or take off, the paths seem not to be leading over the hotel.

the park the name refers to is a big family park with a choo choo train, some water fountains, gocart rentals (pedal ones) and lots of lawns and flower beds. not much to do, and expect a 35 dirham cab ride into the city. there's a free shuttle bus going to the 2 big malls and the corniche, but it takes forever.

the hotel itself is very well designed. suddle brown and earthy tones everywhere, the usual noisy carpet (to hide stains) is quite nice throughout all rooms, the rooms are spacious (some more, some less, all enough), the beds and facilities are brand new. an easy to use master lighting control unit next to the bed also sports a master switch to turn it all off or on, and you can also set your "don't disturb" sign from there. there's a rain forest shower (which i love) in the bath, i didn't have a tub though.
throughout the room, i really liked the lighting, indirect, bright if you need it, subtle if you want to wind down, even in the bath you get to choose. to me that makes a huge difference.
room service was always impeccable and totally works around your schedule (in my case, they hardly were allowed in before 4pm, which never was a problem). they notify you if they can't come in at all. the air conditioning is not off when set to off. i had to find the referring breaker box switch to really get rid of it.

the walls could be thicker. i had a somewhat deaf neighbor, and his TV volume setting was loud enough for me to understand his programs clearly, but then, he had it rather high. the usual business people in this hotel won't bother you i reckon.

breakfast is, if not included, rather pricey but the usual well equipped buffet. in the same restaurant there's also a lunch buffet. other food facilities are another rather posh restaurant and wine bar named teatro and a wannabe pub called cooper's. it's a sports bar really, with huge screens everywhere to follow mostly soccer, rugby and cricket. but you get alcohol there, which makes it packed at the weekends (their weekends), and they have pub quizzes and DJs sometimes. the food is middle of the road, and the staff's english leaves room for improvement. a bald german guy runs this place, and he's outright obnoxious. he notifies his staff with a laser pointer, where i come from this is plain rude. also, we ran into "wrong" bills more than once, so keep an eye on this one. unfortunately, if you want a beer before bed, that's the only place to go.

i loved the pool including a swim-to bar. lovely staff, illy coffee, you can get food there as well and they serve the lawn chairs. the pool is small but very nice, a tad too warm for me but let's not be picky.

if there's one complaint it would be the overall level of english spoken. the mostly asian or indian crew does not understand much and speaks rather heavily accented english, which is not an issue if don't want anything off the records. for special requests or problems, that can get a bit tricky sometimes. everything other than that, including the service itself, is top notch.

i stayed for quite a while, and i would go there again, if i need to be in this part of town, which is still in development. you are kinda stuck with the hotel's services if you don't want to get a cab. there's nothing within walking distance. but this could be subject to change in this fast paced city.

Room Tip: for the same rates, some rooms a re a bit smaller than others. ask. suites are available, i haven...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing the same to our Trip Advisor members.

It is delightful to hear that you had an overall satisfying stay with us.

All your comments have been noted and will definitely be shared amongst my team for them to carry on with the positive things that they are doing and on the other hand, further improve on the standards and services where we fall short of.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have you staying with us again very soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for an academic conference. The staff was immediately present to open our car door, greet us in the lobby and answer any questions we might have. My room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The room also had a heavy blackout curtain to keep outside light out at night. I only had a couple of problems, but the hotel staff took care of them very quickly. The first problem was with my room key. It would not work so I had to go back down to the lobby and get another one. The second problem was with the T.V. reception. I could only get sound without the picture. The hotel sent someone up within minutes to fix the problem. It turned out to be a loose connection with one of the cables in back of the T.V. I never had the opportunity to eat at any of the restaurants although I heard good things about them. My room was quiet and clean throughout my stay. When I had to check out of the hotel in the morning, I needed to store my luggage until later that night. The hotel staff stored my things without a problem and got it back to me very quickly when I returned later that evening. Although the hotel was a little out of the way, it wasn't too much of an inconvenience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you very much for sharing online your recent experience in our hotel.

My team and I are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

On the other hand, we sincerely regret the inconvenience that the room key and TV reception may have caused you and please accept our apologies for this. We would like to assure you that such shortfalls certainly do not reflect the standards we conduct our business at the Park Rotana or at any of our Rotana properties.

Once again, we thank you for your time and look forward to your return soon.

Sincerely yours,

Sascha Bartz

Been to Park Rotana Abu Dhabi? Share your experiences!