“Great place to stay in Abu Dhabi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One to One Hotel - The Village

You added One to One Hotel - The Village to your Saves list
One to One Hotel - The Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Salam Street | Eastern Ring, Abu Dhabi 46689, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #74 of 121 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Great place to stay in Abu Dhabi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fun, village type hotel: Pool, grass area, bars, spa, fantastic restaurants on hand! Minutes away from City centre. The room was spacious, great service, friendly staff and generally pleasant place to relax & eat well! The Fusion asian restaurant was sublime!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
guildford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in was quick and we were upgraded to a deluxe room. Very helpful and polite staff. Room spotless, with 2 tv's, and a sitting area. There is a pool on the roof of some villa's but not on ours. Never-mind, the pool is of lovely temperature, and 2 pools, VERY child friendly. Plenty of well pried restaurants in the hotel, and breakfast was very good. Got an amazing offer for $60 a night with breakfast, and it was worth much more. I live inAbu dhabi, and this was a weekend away, and I will definitely stay again, regardless on whether we get an upgrade.

P.S: kids activity room at night for only 10dhs per kid. Face paint / games / slides.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Hotel was awful. We initially were put in a Superior room, which we were told was one of the better rooms. The air was felt damp and moldy. We look outside the windo only to find a view of what seemed like a dungeon. The back of other buildings. The lighting wasn't great and when we went to the bathroom, there were stains on the bathtub floor.

We asked to switch rooms. They brought us to a room in the smoking section. We didn't think it could get any worse. The towels had orange stains on them. The toilet had a black smear on it. There was no hot water and the carpet was dirty. We felt disgusting and didn't want to walk anywhere bear foot. We ordered dinner and the order was brought to us incorrectly. We were supposed to stay 2 nights but ended up leaving the first night because we couldn't bear to stay there another evening. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just recently moved to abu dhabi and I'm currently staying in hotels till i find a place of my own. I book on monthly basis, i was staying in a 3 stars hotel and thought i'd book in this hotel since its 4 stars and at a small price increase. The hotel is nothing like a 4 stars hotel, i wouldn't even give it a 3 stars. The room i booked in was a single room and it was small, very small, even for a single room its very small. Bathroom is dirty and very small as well, the stuff they put on the sink (sanity bag, shower cap..) seems they haven't been changed for ages, and not what you'd expect from a 4 stars hotel, even the bathroom's ceiling is very low. The pool are on the top is dirty, even though cleaners pass by there, they never bother cleaning up the garbage, gym is big, but to go there you have to go through people sitting at restaurant table on both sides of the pool, and mostly they're smoking. Oh and the pool itself is crowded, very crowded, and offers nothing fancy. Just be careful not to get splashed while going to the gym, i learned that the hard way.

During the day the door knocked and a guy wanted to check my mini bar, i sent him away cause i was in the shower then after 2 minutes housekeeping came, i couldn't figure out why they would assign one guy just to check minibars, that just annoys customers, so if thats their purpose then it makes sense. Still none of the guys cleaned the garbage by the pool. On my way down to the front desk, there was a bunch of towels laying on the floor, towels stayed there for the whole day without anyone picking them up, just shows you that these people dont care.

I am extremely disappointed in this hotel, i should have stayed at the comfort of my king size bed in the 3 stars hotel and never booked here.

I read a lot of other reviews where management apologized to reviewers and promised to improve, i dont see any improvements, not at all, its just getting worse.

I got no value for my money, i could have stayed in a better place and paid less. Unfortunately for me i already paid for 14 days, cant wait till days pass and i get out of here.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice & Pleasant stay during my business trip to Abu Dhabi.

Best -
1. Room size, amenities
2. Restaurants

Improvement Area
1. Room service
2. Food options for room service
3. Toiletries to be improved..

Room Tip: All rooms are good..
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Fantastic, friendly and efficient staff. Our room was upgraded to a suite, which was huge and comfortable. There was a choice of fabulous restaurants right on the property, with a scrumptious buffet breakfast suitable for all tastes.
The swimming pool area was awesome, clean and well laid out, with a baby pool for toddlers as well.
Taxis were always passing by to pick us up and take us to any of the many attractions.
I love Abu Dhabi, and will only stay at this hotel in future!

Room Tip: We did request a non-smoking room, but our room did smell a bit of previous smokers, but we didnt mi...
Greater London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

I stayed at this hotel with 9 other guests (4 of which were children). We stayed in three different rooms.
I've been to many countries before and have stayed in many hotels, but this one was by far the worst experience I've had.
Regretfully I am having to leave such feedback, however I feel it is needed so people are aware of what we encountered during our stay.
Negative Points:
-Room service was poor, had to constantly ask for towels. The rooms were not cleaned properly. Water was not draining after using the shower - and this was never resolved.
-We were half board due to the Young children, one whom is severely disabled and my parents who were elderly who are also disabled. sadly the food was repetitive and lacked variety and dull. The chef advised us he couldn't make a wider variety due to the budget he was given which was a mere 7%!!!
We Were extremely shocked when restaurant manager informed us we had to pay for beverages at dinner time (I've had half board at other hotels and drinks are usually included with the meal) so after complaining they decided to give one drink per person with the meal. (I am still quite disgusted by this in all honesty as this should never have been an issue).
The main Village restaurant situated by the pool had both inside and outside seating. It was extremely busy on the weekends due to various live shows and promotional nights such as 'Ladies Night'. In all honesty it felt like a place for men to pick up women - which was very inappropriate. Shockingly Shisha was being smoked both inside and outside which was really bad as all we inhaled was smoke - this was not good for my father who is asthmatic and also the four young children, one of whom is severely disabled. When we raised this issue the manager didn't seemed to bothered with it and didn't really have an alternative despite there being 4 or 5 other restaurants at the hotel.
After a five days we raised the issue again and eventually the owner of the hotel came to see us. He advised us we could eat at the Restro Restaurant. So we went there and it seemed the waiters kept changing their stories as to what we were and were not allowed to eat - again the issue of paying for drinks came up, which had to be clarified once more. The waiter misled us into thinking the cake we ordered as desert was included in the price but later to be told we had to pay for them plus the chicken burgers we ordered for the children. After refusing to sign the receipt we were told to wait until the manager came. After arguing our case it was decided we should pay only for the cakes which was over 50AED. The only food on the menu was rice, curry, salad, bread and fruit or ice cream. So quite frankly we were tired of eating the same food over and over again. We resorted to eating out despite paying for half board.
On our last night we decided to get room service due to having to pack . The food which arrived was incorrect and many items were missing. My sister ordered food at 10:30pm and she waited until 2am - nothing arrived so she cancelled the order. This was totally unacceptable. It seems as though they did it on purpose as they knew it was our last night there. Completely unprofessional!

-My sister was in tears due to finding cockroaches in her 3 year olds bed. Night manager moved her to a different room eventually but even then this was not easily forthcoming. The hotel used chemicals in the old room the next morning and all the clothes were still inside. She asked for them to wash only the clothes which were hanging in the wardrobes and not the ones in the suitcases due to the chemicals, to her disbelief they expected her and my 3 year old nephew to wear the clothes unwashed ! Manager advised She had to pay 50% of the Bill for the dry cleaning - which She rightfully refused to pay. Eventually after 3 days of arguing her case they finally agreed to clean the clothes.
- Since the beginning of our stay we asked if the pool on top of the villa could be turned into a ladies only pool as this is what they had promised by reception prior to our stay, which was clearly not the case - and they didn't give us any alternative not until after the incident with the cockroaches where they advised us 5 days before leaving that they will make is ladies only as a gesture of good will...... We were speechless as it really defeated the object especially as we were nearing towards the end of our stay.

This is my first holiday I've had which has left me in tears!

We should have been compensated for the experiences we had encountered during our stay but this has not happened either. Quite frankly the whole experience has put me off travelling to the UAE again!

Positives:
-reception was friendly and dealt with us politely.
-baggage service was prompt
-security were helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Joseph E, General Manager at One to One Hotel - The Village, responded to this review, April 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to detail the concerns regarding your recent stay with us.

As you recall, I met you personally during your stay to attend to the challenges you mentioned. I regret that the various compensations we already offered you, while you were here, were not enough to satisfy you. I am similarly saddened that you did not see fit to mention them in your comments above.

Rest assured we are addressing the various issues you brought up as this is not the standard of services that we provide and I apologize, once again, for the inconvenience you experienced. We will rectify each and every short-coming and endeavour to meet your expectations on your next visit should you allow us that opportunity.

Regards

Been to One to One Hotel - The Village? Share your experiences!