If you're looking for style over substance or form over function this is the place for you. I use it for business but if you have an option I'd advise against using it. Here are the reasons:
1. Lots of stairs and no lifts (May Allah help the guys who have to carry the luggage up three or four floors)
2. Shower was lousy. For a business person the shower is one of the keys as you really do need to relax after a flight and before meetings etc. The shower head fell on my head! It is actually held in place by some rubber thing that is very unstable. Why not use a typical, safe shower head?
3. The shower head leaked, meaning half the water just ran straight down and only half was projected out.
4. The room was tiny, and I mean tiny.
5. The shower curtain was too short meaning that water leaked out the shower cubicle (no bath) and made the bathroom soaking wet which was pretty disgusting.
6. Because of the design, there is no one large lounge in the reception area, so nowhere to go and relax.
7. Had trouble closing the curtains all the way and only discovered I hadn't suceeded and that you could see out from the corridor when I was outside (yes, that's right, a window out into the hall!).
8. Shower cloth, glove, was super cheap and thing and hard to shower with.
The major plus was the breakfast which was nice.
I don't usually write such negative stuff but the bathroom/shower experience and the stairs killed it for me.
Get a room on the ground floor.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your most recent experience with us and thank you for choosing One to One Hotel- the Village during your most recent stay in Abu Dhabi.
We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations and for the problems you encountered with your shower. We have shared all the comments provided with our team and have taken immediate action as we view feedback as areas for improvement.
With regards to a place to go and relax, to the left of the main entrance, we have the T-Garden- couches and tables, offering beverages and a light menu while you catch up on the news or read a magazine.
Again, we thank you for your feedback and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and hopefully change your impression of One to One Hotel- the Village.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.