TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Pure perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beit Al Mamlouka

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Damascus
Beit Al Mamlouka
You added Beit Al Mamlouka to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bab Touma - Qemarieh St., Damascus, Syria   |
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Damascus
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Pure perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Staying at Beit al Mamlouka was one of our best travel experiences ever. The beautiful old buildings, the amazing interiors right out of One Thousand and One Nights and the fantastic location in the old city made it an unforgettable stay. All the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful - and also helped arrange for great day trips with a good driver. We cannot wait to go back to our favorite spot in the whole world: Syria - Damascus - Beit al Mamlouka!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Choosing to stay at Beit Al-Mamlouka hotel was one of my best decisions in my life. I stayed at Al Mamlouka for 3 nights.

This is a beautiful courtyard hotel that exudes history and culture. Gracious staff, super oriental breakfast, spacious rooms, quiet, best fresh orange juice I ever tasted. The location is great - in the middle of the old city, where the Muslim, Christian and Jewish quarters meet. It was easy to walk to the souk, to the mosques and to the churches I wanted to see
I stayed in Suite Suleiman, it was very spacious, clean and well appointed and had a wonderful relaxed Arabian atmosphere, large TV, a big clean bathroom.
I really loved this Hotel and I strongly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Suite Suleiman on the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Very charming hotel.
One of the best hotel in Damascus . The hotel provide a
complimentary high speed internet connections . The staff are
incredibly friendly and professional . Our room was very
beautiful , large and clean . The hotel is central located in
the old city within walking distance of the main attraction . I
would recommend Beit Almamlouka without hesitation to anyone
considering a visit to Damascus.

Room Tip: Suite on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

An old damascan house converted into a hotel with all the necessary amenities for a very comfortable stay.
The taxi dropped me at BAB Touma, and I was met by the Bellman who helped me with my luggage, the hotel is a 5 minutes walk. One enters through a small wooden door from a small alley, into a small hallway that leads to a gorgeous courtyard with a pleasant fountain, and a nice seating around it.
I was welcomed by a warm and charming receptionist, Shaza, who offered me mint tea while she checked me into a room that overlooks the courtyard.
The room was their best. Despite a small door, the room was quite large. Under a 4.5 meter beautifully painted ceiling, I found a marble fountain, and old Damascan chairs around it; at the other end, the king size bed sits elevated, and up two stairs from the sitting area. The bed and the linen is of superb quality. The bathroom is at the back of the room, modernly fitted, fully marbled. A five start quality.
The hotel does not offer meals, but with many good and authentic restaurants around, that was not an inconvenience. The hotel offers average breakfast if you chose continental items, I liked though the local items, especially the rich choice of exotic jams. I was lucky to have been served by George, a theology graduate, who enriched me with almost one hour of history of the city, its quarters, and it's ethnic diversity.
I highly recommend the stay, the old city of damascus is one of the few places in the world that remains loyal to it's history, and Al Mamlouka takes you back in history without compromising modern comfort.

• Stayed July 2011
Guatape, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Mamlouka for 3 days. We were in the "Suleimen the magnificent" room for a night and then to "Ibn sina" suite upstairs for two nights.

Suleimen the magnificent room is really magnificent. It's the most beautiful room I'd ever checked into. The details to each piece of furniture, the high painted ceiling, toiletries etc are all to perfection. You can just stare at the room a few hours and couldn't believe it's a hotel room instead of a museum.

Ibn Sina on the second floor was nice but not as spectaular. However, the little sitting area was so cool that I was reading my book overlooking the alley way outside of the hotel.

Service was awesome in Mamlouka. All staffs were so attentive. Tony was so helpful providing us traveling advises in Syria. Roula was also very helpful with providing us Syria news (recent problems in Hama). Night shift George is a great man. He helped us to get a brand new bank note from the bank for souvenir and spent so much time talking with us during our 3 nights stay in Mamlouka. Like previous comments, you do feel like a big family in Mamlouka.

Hotel is greatly situated in the Christian quarter in Bab Touma. There are some good restaurants nearby. It's good distance from straight street and the souqs. While you are there, don't forget to go to the schwarmer place and the fruit juice stand beside it! I had schwarmer and strawberry juice for lunch for 3 days.

I have to say that we are both lucky and unlucky. We were very lucky to have stayed at Beit Al Mamlouka only because the discount we got from Tony due to slow tourist business lately. Since my husband and I are traveling for 6 months, we can really only afford midrange hotels at the most. On the unlucky side, due to Recent problem in Homs and Hama, we couldn't travel up to Aleppo for more beautiful historical sites.

Thanks all at Mamlouka for the most memorable experience. When we go back to Mamlouka next time, we are surely going back to Beit or Dal Al Mamlouka.

• Stayed August 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Staying at Beit Al Mamlouka was one of the most important experiences in my life. The staff was very welcoming and helpful; they always do an extra step to make your stay enjoyable. Rooms are decorated in a very beautiful way with lovely traditional furniture. The service was extremely perfect; everything is clean in the room. The hotel is located in the center of the old city and it is close to many good restaurants and sights of old Damascus. I highly recommend Beit Al Mamlouka Hotel when you visit Syria.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Al Mamlouka is my home when I visit Damascus, every year towards the end of Ramadan I visit Damascus and stay here, with group of friends from different parts of the world, Being from Damascus myself, Al Mamlouka make me proud to every year show different friends my beautiful and beloved city
Tony, and all Al Mamlouka team, thank you

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Beit Al Mamlouka? Share your experiences!