I used this for a few days on a late notice business trip. I managed to get a good deal online through Tripadvisor. First, the hotel has valet car parking which is included in the price. I think the hotel is several years old now and is looking a little worn in places. However, it makes nearly 4 star standard. Some of the fittings in the room with worn, a few wires visible below cabinets, bathroom not sparkling - all the things you expect at a 4 star plus hotel. The air conditioning also struggled to get the room down to a cool temperature. However, I felt the hotel was very good value, at least for the room rate.
It is well located, has fantastic views where ever you look out. I was lucky to be on the 25th floor with a view over the bay. I used the pool once ant that was quite good. The view was even better from there. It is not far from the City Centre shopping mall. You probably would not want to walk in the summer, so a short taxi ride is the better choice. There are plenty of food outlets there too.
Breakfast and meals were a bit pricey, but the quality was good. The staff were generally excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Movenpick Hotel West Bay is situated in the heart of the city, with soaring skyscrapers and glorious views of the green and blue waters of the Arabian Gulf. The property, an impressive landmark in Doha offers 347 contemporary yet cosy rooms including 40 suites, welcoming both short and long term staying guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Tower & Suites Doha Hotel Doha
- Moevenpick Tower And Suites Doha
- Moevenpick Hotel Doha
- Doha Moevenpick Hotel