“Not worth it. Avoid!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 124 Hotels in Doha
Singapore, Singapore
“Not worth it. Avoid!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was there for a business trip to Doha and was shocked to see the state of the hotel when I entered for the price we paid for it.
- Rooms were small, dingy, not properly ventilated and had dirty carpets. The bed and linen weren't kept well and tidy. The woodwork was peeling off.
- Food was just okay. Breakfast was decent with ample variety but the dinner wasn't worth having there.
- Not much aware of the location of the hotel within the city but it wasn't the best.
- At the time of billing, they came up with a telephone bill of some 8,000 Rials (about 2,000 USD) for my colleague who was shocked!

Not worth staying specially when there are so many branded ones around now.

Room Tip: All of them are same. And weird!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

very good, reasonable pay and safe to stay during my frequent visit to Qatar. Also, restaurant with varieties of cuisine including Indian food. Good place to stay. It was center place in the country for me to reach the meeting spot, project sites and shopping, etc

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Aince and clean hotel to stay. If you are able to compromise little on variety of break fast, lunch and dinner, this is the best hotel, whose tarif is in reach ... check for bargain on the tarif.Book in Advance.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms opposite to road side...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is without a doubt the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. After five minutes of running around, my children's feet were BLACK. There was mold and mildew in the bathroom and all over the shower walls. The carpet was ripped and torn away from the wall. The sheets on the bed were ripped and the duvet cover had holes in it. There were flies on the food at the breakafast buffet. I would give this flea bag hotel a zero stars if I could. It was not sanitary. We got back home and spent two days washing everything we had taken with us. Do not stay at this hotel. At and price. Gross!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

While I was in Doha, there was a major UN conference happening. Therefore, most hotels were booked and the normal chains' prices were sky-high, and thus stayed here. Reading the reviews, I figured it would be pretty simple but decent; it was probably the oldest hotel in Doha, and my particular room had "window" that looked out to the hall, so I had to obviously keep the blinds closed the whole time.
The carpets were old, the TV was for sure older than I am, and just all around a fairly depressing place. The lone bright spot was the hotel manager (I think that was his position), who was extremely friendly/intelligent and I had several conversations with him. The other staff was nice, as well.
But the hotel itself is not somewhere I would hope to stay again, despite the service.

Room Tip: Ask to not be at the corner facing the hall; at least to have a room that has a proper window.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We had an 18 hr stop in Doha and airport facility's didn't encourage you to stay there , we were sold this at the airport at a very good rate , our surprise when we ended up in the penthouse suite , amazing rooms , service excelant , all staff very helpful

• Stayed May 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My first visit to Doha and I stayed here with three of my friends. It was the family room and and spacious enough. Toilets were clean, Rooms were neat, separate pantry and everything was there. Since it was the Sri Lankan nights period I had enough dishes to taste. I am not too sure why some people have commented so badly about the people here. But for me I think they always had a smile ( Not only the Sri Lankan staff) Since I was in the 7th floor I dont know about the kitchen sounds and noisy music some have commented.

Cant comment about the prizes since it was provided to me by the Sri lankan society in Doha. But I believe they may have got a good offer.

Hema Nalin Karunaratne
MD?Heritage TV/Sri Lanka

Room Tip: 7th floor family rooms. 3 toilets, enough space, No sound pollution at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Gulf Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!