“Excellent hotel with great facilities and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Grand Regency Doha

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Grand Regency Doha to your Saves list
Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Jawaan Street | Al-Sadd Area, Sports Roundabout, Doha 22606 , Qatar   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25%, Book in Advance
Ranked #27 of 119 hotels in Doha

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the second time I stay at this Hotel, My overall experience is excellent with its services , amenities and professional staff,, it's calm hotel and just 5-minutes walking from the restaurants and supermarkets area.... Strongly recommended...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
On the Behalf of All the staff I would like to thank you for choosing Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel for your recent stay in Qatar and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very thankful for all your constructive feedback assuring that your comments is very important to us and we are doing our best to improve our services.

All Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel staff and the management are looking so much forward to welcome you during your next visits,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed a night in this hotel on a business trip. When I told my colleagues where my stay is booked most of them told me good things about the hotel and my experience was equally nice. The rooms are small, but well equipped with necessary amenities. I could not find the cloth iron next morning, but after a call they provided me the iron promptly with an apology. The service was very good and staff was attentive all the time. I found wifi charges (for room) a bit higher. The breakfast was very good and with lot of variety. They also arranged a limo service without any delay at time of checking out on short notice. The airport, souq, museum is in nearby area from the hotel. Overall I would recommend this hotel for their good service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Best regards,
Ayman Ibrahim
Front Office Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

No trasport ■Describe the service you experienced
■Tell us how you liked the room
■Talk about the location & amenities
■Say what you liked best & least

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Monza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Looking at the website I was expecting something really luxury, like some others Doha hotels.
The welcome is like other 5 stars hotel, but the impression is to be in a "old movie".
Probably is because I like modern style furniture and design, but I didn't feel in a modern high quality hotel.
Rooms were clean, but not so big, the landscape from the window really sad, the bathroom old fashion.
At the arrival I fond some sweet and a fruit salad...the evening after the dish with some pieces of fruit was still there, with the poor pieces floating like dead fishes...
During my stay I booked a massage in the spa. The massage has been really good, the therapist very professional, the quality high.
About food I just tried the japanese/thai restaurant...good quality, excellent service, price accordingly.
But the breakfast was really good!
In conclusion, over the average but not for the infrastructure.
Services increased the score...otherwise not so high.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Port Alfred, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for a week on business. The hotel is rated five stars, though the room size was not a testimony to this. The service I experienced throughout did make up for this though. The room was however well appointed with a triple layer of curtains that allowed a full black-out. There was WIFI available in the room, however at cost of QR 100,- per day, which I do find a bit excessive. The WIFI in the lobby, however, is free of charge. The air-conditioning worked well and I slept very sound throughout the week.

The bathroom was also a bit small, though with a lot of amenities. There is no separate shower and the water temperature fluctuated throughout the week. It was probably the soaring heat over the week I was there that I did not mind the water temperature dropping every thirty seconds ;-).

The breakfast buffet is very elaborate stretching over different stations, complimented with eggs to order. The only flaw here was the espresso that was served, but came from an instant machine. The waiters however quickly caught on when I complained about this and from thereon fetched me a double espresso from somewhere else on the premises where they do have a proper espresso machine. This type of quick recovery I experienced throughout. When I notified the housekeeping that my hand towels and face cloths were not replaced, this was quickly rectified and the same with the tea bags in the room. Mini bar items were quite steep and they forgot to refill.

The best thing was room service though. On the first day I ordered a club sandwich for lunch and what I received was absolutely the most impressive one I have encountered thus far (see picture). Also on the warm mezza I ordered on my last evening exceeded all expectations.

The hotel has a nice and spacious gym with a good range of equipment that is open 24 hours per day. It further has a swimming pool and jacuzzi which are ok.

I think the hotel is a bit less expensive than many of the other hotels due to its location and its room sizes. I would recommend watching prices closely though as especially internet and mini bar items were quite steep. Oh, and the hotel does not serve alcohol...

So, all in all I had a comfortable week here and would recommend especially if you are alone on business. The service errors when brought to the attention of the staff are quickly rectified and further it has all you need (except alcohol ;-)

Room Tip: There are no spectacular views from where the hotel is located. I was on the first floor as I asked...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ayman L, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

On the Behalf of All the staff I would like to thank you for choosing Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel for your stay and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very thankful for all your constructive feedback. meanwhile we would like to present our apology for any inconvenience was occurred during your Stay, hoping we could make it up for you during your next visit.

All the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel staff and the management are looking so much forward to welcome you during your next visits,
Best Regards
Ayman Lotfy
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the hotel is not really close to town, therefore it was quite hard to get a taxi.. you won't get any view of the corniche from here.

the room was pretty small. the window was small. and the room deco was just so-so.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Ayman Lotfy
Wyndham Grand Regency Doha

Been to Wyndham Grand Regency Doha? Share your experiences!