“Great Property” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Navi Mumbai
“Great Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

The Property is a typical 5 star + category one but with one difference - excellent business centre support at minimal cost. The rooms are nicely kept with good view. The bathroom amenities are above average for this category.

• Liked — The Business Centre
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Excellent personalized service by everyone in the hotel. They have a great summer promotion going on ... Stay More where you have 2 options for more than 3 consecutive nights of stay ... (a) 4th night free or (b) spending credit of QR 225 per night.

The buffet breakfast spread was sumptuous. On Wed, they have a Brazilian barbecue at the Brassiere on the Beach where the food keeps rolling till you stop it.

I took a tour of the health center and spa which has very good facilities but compared to the costs in India, terribly expensive :-)

• Liked — Good room with a view. Excellent service.
  • Disliked — Very small in room service menu for lunch/dinner.
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I was celebrating my 60th birthday with my wife and two close friends on Tuesday 19th May. I had reserved a table for four in the Italian restaurent for 8.45pm

On arrival and as we were shown to our table, a friendly waiter approached us with an open Magnum of champagne. We naturally assumed it was a complimenatary glass before our meal. What a nice gesture we thought. The meal was perfect in every detail and the two bottles of Sancerre were expensive but enjoyed as we had ordered them.

When the bill came, we were charged QR210/- per glass of champagne. A total of QR840/- for four tulip glasses. As it was my birthday and as we were with good friends, I did not challenge the bill at the time. Had the waiter approached us and said `would you like a glass of champage before your meal and it is QR210/- per glass`, we then had the choice whether to accept or not.

I hope the management of the Italian restaurent take note of this one item of concern on what was otherwise a very pleasant dining experience.

Hamish Nicol.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

It is a very good hotel, albeit hardly an architectural gem nestling among other tower blocks offset by having a beach front location.

It is however an odd juxtaposition of city and resort and doesn't quite work. The rooms are very George V in style, with the bathrooms being near replicas of the Parisian (only difference is L'Occitane (Doha) v Bulgari (Paris) toiletries. I had a large and comfortable suite which was certainly well furnished and equipped.

The resort bit is just a bit tacky, with multi-tiered swimming pools divided by faux rocks and waterfalls which looks like a set from the Flintstones. All the pools are too small for a committed lengths swimmer and the whole thing would look better with a good 25m rectangle and a childrens' pool. Beach is small and not that appealing given it lacks any real perspective and the tower blocks surrounding it make it feel very unnatural (which of course it is).

Room service was all I tried. Good quality, hot coffee, cold juice and warm breads delivered to the second of 7am together with my overnight laundry and pressing.

Nice flleet of BMW 7 Series for airport and around town transfers.

Overall, very good and ideal for a business trip but as a holiday destination, not a hope.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Four Seasons is a safe bet anywhere. Just the same in Doha. Particularly liked the cigar lounge.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I made reservations at the Four Seasons under my name for my girlfriend's parents. I didn't actually sleep in the rooms, but I ate each morning with them and played around the hotel with them. Also, I purchased spa treatments for my girlfriend and her mother- and I played in the pool with her father while they received their treatments.

We asked to check-in early due to an early arrival by her parents, and we were allowed to check-in at 10am. That was very kind of them, since her parents needed a bit of a rest. Upon leaving, we requested a late check-out (late flight), but due to the arrival of the Nigerian delegation, we were unable to check out late. Understandable.

Everyone was professional. The front desk was very helpful and courteous and we never had any problems. The food at the breakfast buffet was excellent, with many choices of Asian, Western, and Arabic food. The pool was clean and heated, which was nice after a quick dip in the ocean just out back.

My girlfiend and her mother loved the spa. The staff was well-trained (seemingly) and highly professional. Her mother had a deep-tissue massage and my girlfiend had a facial. Both looked very happy as they came out of the spa area. The spa area for the men was very clean and had several amenities. There was a steam bath, whirlpool, cold room and personal showers that were roomy and comfortable. The bathroom is large, and though there were a lot of people, I never felt crowded. The steam bath had a lavender (I think!) smell and was so relaxing. What a great experience.

Overall, I her parents (us, too) had a wonderful experience. The prices were excellent, and they offered military and embassy discounts, so prices were even more reasonable. Though I'm curious about the other 5-star hotels in the area, I would have NO problem book with Four Seasons again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

My husband was on business here and I was lucky enough to tag along. We were severely jetlagged and needed a break; the Four Seasons was the perfect choice. Our suite was huge, with lovely views over the sea, loads of hanging space and a great bathroom. The service was impeccable throughout, down to housekeeping installing Four Seasons bookmarks in my bedside reading.
All I would say is - and I really should have known better - don't listen to the doorman when he says the big new mall opposite is just a five minute walk away. Yes, it is, but the pavements aren't yet finished and you will be alone on the street, skirting all the building sites. Those streets aren't ready for you - take a cab!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Doha? Share your experiences!