“Very good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Paco

Casa Paco
Porto Arabia, Parcel 12, Croisette 22/23 (retail parking) | The Pearl Qatar, Doha, Qatar
Website
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Qatar
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy to see a good Spanish restaurant in Qatar. Because there is no good Spanish food in Doha. I went there with my children and
My wife, she come from Spain and she said that it was as good as in her country. I took a very good paella and some starters called tapas.
My children ate everything,but they normally don't eat a lot.
Thank you very much for this good moment.

Visited December 2013

Doha, Qatar
“Awful food, don't go to this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant because I often come to the Pearl to go for a walk with my family. When we have time, we also eat dinner at one of the restaurants there. There are more and more choices which is good.

This time we went to Casa Paco and it's safe to say that I regret it and will not go again.

These are the reasons:

- Food is very bad (we ate calamari which were greasy and all I could taste was oil, the fish on the other hand was dry and no flavor at all, especially for Spanish cooking)
- Expensive price (the portions are so small, but the price is big)
- Quality (the food just didn't taste like it had any good ingredients in them, like a McDonalds)
- Kids choices are poor

I really wish that I read the reviews on the internet before going there and I would have saved a lot of money.

The next day we went to Al Tabhka restaurant which is nearby and it is a million times better. I will also write a review for this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Noosa Heads
“Great tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had the Tapas degustation and it was delicious so much food I couldn't eat it all. A good selection of lots of tapas, maybe at least 10. I was very well sated at the end, the female waitress was very good. Quite a few Qataris eating there as well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Very disappointing portions, decor and high priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A very quiet night on The Pearl... walking by many restaurants that were empty we headed forward to the Casa Paco. It is past Carluccios, past the Indian place, past the soon-to-be Red Lobster.... no one was there but us and when we walked in the first sight we saw were employees eating in the dining room. None of them moved to stand as we entered. We were seated and ordered. Food came in a reasonable amount of time but the food portions were tiny. The "fried fish tapas"was 2 circles of calamari 2 small pieces of very bony fish, one prawn. There was free appetizer - 4 pieces of thin toast with a pesto like garlic spread and 4 tiny (one inch?) empanadas. Next were grilled veggies. They were fine. The bread with tomatoes had very few tomatoes on it and in the picture it was 6 and it came with 4. The garlic shrimp portion was probably a tablespoon of shrimp in a pan. Not like in the photo. Taste was fine but portion was tiny, and again, not as pictured. Pizza had very little cheese. Decor was bright red and ok but there are things that don't make sense together - like paper place mats and a garbage station one foot from the table - and then at the same time having a bill of over 200 riyals for 2 people. It is a really sad as we could do with a nice Spanish place but with the prices, portions, ambience, we won't have a second visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leicestershire UK
“Worst paella ever!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I couldn't wait for this place to open and my husband and I were really looking forward to going. The food however was disappointing we ordered calamari and the garlic and tomato bread to start with. The calamari was fine but the bread had almost no tomato on it. It looked nothing like the picture on the menu! For mains my husband had a steak and we also ordered the paella mariscos. The paella again was lacking, it was just rice with one large prawn in the middle with two or three pieces of fish. The fish was full of bones and not very nice. Having lived in Spain for a couple of years we were really looking forward to this meal. This was certainly the worst paella we have ever had. I could not recommend this restaurant to anyone and it is not cheap.

• Visited July 2013