“Good location for old town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Riviera Hotel

You added The Royal Riviera Hotel to your Saves list
The Royal Riviera Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al-Saflya Street, Old Salateh Corniche Road, Doha 29444, Qatar   |
Ranked #69 of 124 Hotels in Doha
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good location for old town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This new hotel is great, a driver picked us up at the airport which I would recommend as it's so new some taxi drivers may not know it yet, sometimes easier to give the name of the hotel next door as a reference. We arrived really early and our room wasn't ready so we went for a wander along the corniche which is only 2 min away then onto the souq wakif which is a real experience. by this time we had literally started to melt so we returned to check out the roof top pool which has great views of the city. Breakfast wasn't amazing but was adequate as it's included in the price. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for the old town and sights. If you are in Doha for business you should stay on the other side of the corniche.

Room Tip: Go high for the best view and request a sea view as the skyline of the business district is stunning...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

A brand new hotel which already stands for service and politeness.
Close to the airport and easy to locate.
The restaurant and the pool are going to open, just ask to the reveption in advance in case you need them.
The have a smart and fare limousine service.

• Stayed May 2013
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for my parents, I live in Doha and they were visiting for the first time. When I requested a sea view room, I was told that the grade I had booked didn't have sea views and that they would upgrade my parents instead, a great start!
The hotel is slightly back from the cornice but provides amazing views from the higher floors. It is surrounded with construction, but show me somewhere in Doha that isn't! Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful and check-in was relatively quick.
I didn't stay there but I saw the room my parents had, it was a good size with all the amenities you would expect and a great sized bathroom. The room was cleaned daily with tea, coffee and water replaced. The breakfast was good with a choice of hot or cold, served in a buffet style. If anything, Mum said the staff were too keen as sometimes a half drank cup of tea was whisked away whilst she was getting her toast!
The Concierge was very helpful in providing my parents with information and provided a number for a recommended driver. Unless you know where you are going, taxis in Doha are not a good idea, as they often get lost! Most trips around Doha, with a private driver will cost around 5-10 British Pounds. They didn't use the pool as it is surrounded by glass and were worried it would get quite hot inside, instead they visited a local beach club and paid 40qr per day (about 7 British Pounds)
My Dad's personal highlight, the fresh dates in the lobby!

Room Tip: Higher floors with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

A new business hotel with great location next to MIA & very close to Souq Waqif. Room was nice and bed was nice; also wifi was working well. Strange thing was that there were basically sockets to charge laptop / phone in the room; there was water heater but I had to place that to the floor to be able to connect to the only socket I was able to find – maybe some design failure?

Ok, the hotel is new and staff might be new as well but I just wonder what kind of training they have received if any. I arrived directly from the airport to the hotel around 11:30am and I was just informed ‘check-in’ time is at 3pm’, I didn’t get any welcoming to the hotel or even ‘Good morning’. Very very strange! I mentioned that I know very well the international hotel timings but what is the problem for me arriving a bit earlier since the hotel was not even fully booked (and I had mentioned in my reservation that I’d like to have an early check-in). I have never waited for 45mins to check-in; and I was basically the only guest there and 6 staff members running around. Also the person in charge was using inappropriate language. After that 45mins I was asked for the payment; I told that the reservation has been paid already.

I think the breakfast was included to the room rate but didn’t queried about that and anyways on the following day my schedule was way too hectic for that so don’t know what kind of food the hotel is serving. They informed me that there’s a gym in the hotel, didn’t check that out and the guests are able to use swimming pool at Fraser Suites (same owner).

I asked about the Big Bus Tour in Doha – they informed me that there’s no bus tours in Doha, only taxis…

There’s a mosque next door, and of course my room was next to that on the 2nd floor so was able to hear the morning prayers very well. And no chance for upgrade

Hotel is nice but really needs much more training for the staff; bell boys were super nice!

Room Tip: Mosque next door
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Udhailiyah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Here I read the reviews, and thinking it’s a new hotel and good review and being a 4 star, we will definitely have a great time there. Well that was not true.
On the picture I noted that there were 2 queen size beds in room. In my booking I had written that my son (12) would be coming with, so we were 2 adults and 1 child. Well that was an ideal bedroom for us.
Firstly we were given a small room with a queen size bed and no place for my son. We requested another bed. Were told sorry they don’t have one. We asked for a mattress, they did not help either. They brought us a thin blanket and said he should sleep on the floor. Wow, what a shock!!! 4 Star????? Nothing to sleep on, and a thin blanket to over with. After begging them, they brought us a duvet that he could sleep on and have the blanket over him. Well he was cold that night!!!
Next day we complained about the shocking service of the night staff. Day shift lady in charge apologized and gave us another bedroom with an extra pull out bed for my son. We were relieved that they are at last helping us. She said they would make the bed up immediately for him and that was 10am. We than left and returned around 7pm that night, just to leave some items. Well, all the promises…. no bed was made. Looked the same as when we had left. We were heading out again and asked them at the front desk, to please make the bed. Arriving back at 11pm, the bed was still not made. Would you stay in such a place with such poor service???? Never again!!!! They call themselves 4 star……

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel clean, excellent customer service...Personalized care, Mr Alain made my stay memorable and will come back to this hotel as i know that he will make sure everything is well done.

I highly recommend this place

Thank you Royal Riviera, you are a true sign of royalty services.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here in March for a business trip to Qatar with a colleague. I normally go elsewhere but thought it would be good to mix it up and try something different.

The rooms are very very clean with ample space and modern decor. The showers in the bathroom are of high quality and the bathroom itself was spotless and looked very nice indeed.

The breakfast buffet and lunch buffet were well equipped with all sorts of food to cater to anyone taste and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

There is free wi-fi across the whole hotel. I noted no problems with the internet on my trip.

All in all, i had a rather pleasant stay in this hotel and found it pretty faultless. They requested feedback from me by email on my stay, i cited the lack of additional gym benches in the gym. They replied to me promptly saying they would rectfiy that situation. It feels like they really value their clients opinions. we done to the General Manager of this Property Would thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Royal Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!