“Yeee-hawwww!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 Tours & Activities in Doha
More attraction details
Owner description: Qatar International Adventures (QIA) is a fast growing and renowned tour operator based in Qatar being one of the leaders in group ground handling, local & inbound tour packages & hotel reservations including incentive & exhibition events.Our comprehensive range of services & packages, provides not only relaxation and recreation activities for our clients but also enables them to witness the spices and diversity of Arab culture, hospitality and history.
College Station, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“Yeee-hawwww!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you like 4-wheeling, this is for you.

These guys are truly crazy. It's difficult to describe why this is so great, but if you're an American, picture redneck hillbillies going nuts in high-powered 4-wheel drives through the swamps. Now, translate that to crazy Arabs blasting through the sand dunes in high-powered 4-wheel drives and you'll get a feeling for what this is like. As an illustration: I got a photo of the dashboard showing the car at 158 kph (which is just a smidge over 98 mph) **through the freaking desert!** I know the driver was trying to make me scream, but I let him down and totally kept my cool :-).

[ Note: I am a redneck hillbilly, and I consider these words prideful not derogatory. ]

My driver went everywhere: driving off the sides of hundred-foot dunes and and I swear it was only his handling that kept us literally sliding sideways down 45+ degree slopes instead of rolling. We even had to pull out another driver who got stuck in the sand. That was a hoot: my guy basically drove right off a cliff so our car's weight would pull the rope, since there isn't much traction in sand that is 30 meters deep.

They have to let most of the air out of their tires to get any traction in that fine sand and I am sure those engines don't last long with the kind of abuse they get. Really, the guy had the thing floored for at least an hour.

If you want a quietly relaxing experience this is not for you. But for some high-octane Arabian style thrills, this really worked for me.

After the dune-bashing, you go to a nice camp by the Gulf. There are Arab-style tents filled with rugs and cushions (and sand) where you can nap, and plenty of chairs and umbrellas by the beach. The water is blue, clean, and crystal clear -- it's a beautiful beach. They serve a barbecue meal that is filling but forgettable, and then you relax a couple of hours. You can get shisha or ride camels if you want.

So bring a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, and a book.

My driver was named Ahmed if that helps. I would very strongly recommend him -- he was a great guide, really skilled driver, and a friendly guy too.

Visited March 2013
Qia A, Owner at QIA - Qatar International Adventures, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear George W,

Best greetings from QIA – Qatar International Adventures in Doha.

We’d like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for your trust. All customer comments & recommendations are very valuable to us for a constantly improvement of our services.
Happy guests are our main concern!
We are very glad that we could exceed your holiday expectations & it will be our pleasure to make your next vacation and excursion more than remarkable.
Should you have any requests regarding tours, hotel bookings, ground handling, M.I.C.E or flights for your next visit, don't hesitate to contact us (internationalmarketing@qia-qatar.com) and we'll do our best to fulfill your request upon availability.

We appreciate you pictures of the tour with QIA on Tripadvisor.

Remaining at your service.

Walid El Jaouni