“A very sophisticated place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stuttgart, Germany
“A very sophisticated place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant is a marvellous place. The design of the Museum of Islamic Art is very impressive, so is the beautiful interior. The food was excellent. We enjoyed every course. The service was also very attentive. It's an expensive place, but the entire experience is worth the money.

• Polish first
Texas
“Gorgeous Meal in an Elegant Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Even without alcohol, this restaurant is one of the most elegant meals I have experienced in my travels. The presentation of the food is gorgeous and the food is delicious. Additionally, the dessert is unbelievable. There are pre-desserts and post-desserts and they are all fabulous. With a meal of this quality, you would normally expect wine to be served. Instead, the restaurant serves unusual and elegant "drinks" in the stemmed glasses, including a red grape, Coke and vanilla drink that is quite tasty. Service is attentive and each course is explained as it is presented. Finally, the venue at the top of the Museum of Islamic Art is enchanting. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Doha
“The Art of Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sometimes food tastes better when I'm on vacation. When it's presented beautifully. When the service is impeccable. When the decor and ambience exceed your expectations. With Idam, most of these are true... all except the "I'm on vacation" part. The food was excellent... vacation or not.

This review is based on an a visit to this gem of a restaurant on the occasion of a friend's birthday. The experience included a specially arranged Master Class with Chefs Romaine Meder (cuisine) and Olivier Lannes (pastry). Whether you're a self-appointed master chef or a mad-kitchen-chemist like myself, I'd recommend the Master Class. It was both educational and fun.

Everything, from the moment we entered the Museum of Islamic Art to the moment we left was as well-arranged as the art in the collection! All thanks to the chefs and their team in the kitchen as well as the manager and his team of hosts and wait staff.

The restaurant describes itself as offering "refined Mediterranean cuisine with a touch of influence from the Middle East" and they deliver on that description.

I would not be surprised to see this restaurant inch up to the top spot for Doha restaurants on tripadvisor, even without an extensive wine list.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband wasn't keen on visiting but it was my birthday and so we went. I love the MIA and the building, created by the architect I M Pei, is outstanding. So to be able to eat in it is a real treat.

I understand that the development of IDAM has involved Sheikhas from the ruling family and given the exquisite taste and overall ambience, it's no surprise.

The service is fantastic. After dropping your car off outside the main entrance you are met in the museum lobby by a wonderful lady whom you have never met before, but she knows your name. Then you are whisked up the lift to the top floor into the restaurant. The design is really very cool and classy; I think Starck had a hand in it? The carpets have Arabic inscriptions woven on them - I think quotes on hospitality and food - whatever they say it makes for a unique decor.

The restaurant staff are very knowledgeable. We let them choose the food for us. And the food was superb, amazing, delicate, tasty, interesting, unusual, a work of art. I still remember that salad and tomato starter - it sounds so simple, salad and tomato; how did the chef elevate it to a something so memorable?

Care, attention to detail and passion, this is what the staff here put into giving you, their guests. (I loved the huge cut glass perfume bottle provided in the ladies for a quick dab of Arabian Oud.)

My husband didn't want to visit because IDAM does not serve alcohol and he struggled to associate fine dining with a lack of fine wines. Afterwards he said it didn't matter that there was no alcohol. And he's Scottish, so take his word for it :)

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after a wander round the museum (well worth doing) and were amazed by the restaurant. Everything about it is sumptuous, different and eye catching. Like others have said there isn't any alcohol served but this didn't bother us one little bit and when you see the choice of drinks and how they are served, well who needs alcohol!
We didn't order starters but were brought a selection of dishes to taste which were amazing, a lentil dish, foie gras, lamb meatballs and something else which escapes my memory. This was all after we'd been given some blinis with various spreads. The main courses were beautifully cooked and the thought that went into the presentation was second to none. The bread trolley was amazing, a choice of about 10 different breads, I tried a saffron one and a lemon one which was divine with the salt butter. We didn't have room for pudding but again, we were given a plate of macaroons and some chocolates to try, all delicious. At the end of the evening the ladies were given a gift box containing dates which was a lovely touch.
If you fancy an evening of very fine dining you will not be disappointed, the venue is incredible and the waiters excellent, particularly the French waiter.

Visited August 2013