“Guy Savoy # Michelin # French signature cuisine # "Texturizing" # Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quisine by Guy Savoy

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Doha, Qatar
“Guy Savoy # Michelin # French signature cuisine # "Texturizing" # Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

In short: an experience, more than just eating, not recommended for people who's just looking to eat, not a restaurant, a dining gallery, like going to an art event, but here the painting or sculpture are dishes.

I have to say that my expectation was very....very high. Well, it was not the best food experience i've had, but there were a few wow's along the way. Here are my insights:

- slick, formal, well designed space. A few details: the chef's table, the kitchen's symphony with a rolling door opens up to the dining room.
- A menu with strong content. it only disappoints the cover and cheap type of paper, with a few stains and dirty already (not acceptable in a place like this. huge mistake when presented after dinner the same menu for selecting desserts)
- However, selecting a dish is already an experience, from pigeon to the truffle soup, all signature dishes from Guy, the pearl and the strawberry for desserts are a must.
- Qatar Luxury group (from Qatar Foundation) did not save in the name, in the food, in the space, why would they save in the staff.. all very well trained and customer driven. well done.

Yet, it's not a place for normal days, but for special occasions.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
“Doha's best fine dinning restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

At the time of writing this review I have been twice to Guy Savoy flagship restaurant and each time I'm surprised how good the food and service is, to me this is the best restaurant in Doha.

First and foremost this place is stunning from the view to the paintings on the all to the fireplace at the center this place is classy.

Now time to talk about the food and how amazing it is, I went there without low expectations but by the introduction of the first appetizer I was blown away by how good it was. The first dish of my 8 courses meal was the line-caught whiting with caviar which I was reluctant to eat since I'm not fond of sea food and thank god I did try it as it was so good I thought of trying all their sea food dishes oh and I forgot to mention that you can order infusions that comes with each dish.

The next dish was their lobster with avocado and again this dish taught me how good sea food can be when cooked perfectly like this, after that they served one of their signature dishes which is the artichoke soup with black truffle and layered brioche with truffle butter and all I can say is wow that soup is amazing and the brioche is so good that I could eat it all day long.

Next it was time for the main course and again I got the sea bass which was sensational, it was perfectly cook , perfectly seasoned and the skin was crispy. Then we got the pigeon cooked in three ways which was a good but the foie gras was a little bit on the salty side.

Now it's time for the grand finale dessert, the first dessert was grapefruit terrine with tea sauce and it was divine, then the "pearl" arrived which is a white chocolate orb filled with diced pineapple and passion fruit syrup and as they pour the syrup on top it opens a little showing you what lovely treat that is awaiting you and it didn't disappoint.

After that lovely meal I thought that we are done but was I wrong as they have introduced us to their dessert trolley filled with different sweets from ice creams, puddings and basil & raspberry macrons. Then we saw another trolley coming our way filled with fresh herbal tea with kinds I never knew existed like chocolate mint tea which was something I never tried before.

In the end it's true that Quisine by Guy Savoy is the most expensive restaurant in Doha but it's expensive for a good reason as you can't find this level of food and service elsewhere but here and I hope more people give it a chance, you owe it to yourself to go there for that special occasion or if you just want to try the best food in Doha.

• Visited May 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Spectacular Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had been in the flagship Guy Savoy restaurant in Paris, rotisserie, the one in Singapore. I am a real follower of GS. The one in Doha is as good as Paris. I didnt go there with high expectations but from service to the quality of food, everything was fabolous. I and my guest ordered different dishes and all was specacular. Every detail is so well made in this place. Paintings on the wall, the small herbs that you can choose and drink fresh, humidor on the wall. And one of the nicest bar I have seen in my life with a cool artcraft. It can be called a cigar lounge I guess. Lightning, decoration, interior design is so fantastic.

Of course, all could be more meaningful with a glass of wine. Oh well, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a special treat for our wedding anniversary we tried Doha's most expensive but undoubtedly best restaurant. Great location, decor, ambience, tables, glassware, crockery etc.. But all of that is insignificant when compared to the world class service and cuisine.
There are plenty of staff from around the world (not surprisingly a number of them from France) and they are very well trained, extremely attentive, professional but also friendly and happy to talk with clients. We were invited to tour the restaurant, including the wonderful kitchen where we met the Head Chef and her team.
We had the the large "taster" menu which costs circa USD 300 for something like 15 courses if you include the multiple amuse-bouche and the "sweet" trolley at the end. Not one course disappointed, but the stand outs included the wonderful lobster starter, the truffle artichoke soup with brioche, the sea bass, the incredible cheese selection and the aptly named Pearl. They even cut the herbs fresh at your table from live plants to infuse your tea.
If you can affiord it, take advantage of this great opportunity. Magnifique!

• Visited March 2013
Vestal New York
“Perfect eclectic food, well presented, nice ambience; no alcohol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went as a small group. Had a number of half-size plates, rather than normal size so as to try more dishes. Started with lobster (cooled with CO2), followed by turbot, then lamb and artichoke soup. All were perfect, with different breads with each course; in addition little "snacks" were offered between each course. Very expensive, and no alcohol.

• Visited March 2013