“Everything is oily and creamy.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Doha, Qatar
“Everything is oily and creamy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Good menu selection, however at the end most of meals have the same taste of cream and oil. Service is OK, fast and efficient. No alcohol served. Smell your clothes after leaving the restaurant:yes, you took the oil smell home!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Doha, Qatar
“Awesome Food, Great Hospitality, Fare Price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was one of my best meals that i have had in Doha since i came here a year ago. What compelled me for visiting the restaurant was the simple yet elegant structure of the building. Even before i could start my meal i was overwhelmed by the hospitality that me and my friend received since the time we stepped in. Then came the food which was as delicious as i expected it to be, I'll not talk about the lobster, they justify the name of their restaurant with the preparation,but i was suprized by the mojito, it was the best non-alcoholic mojito i have had so far. They gave us some super awesome bread to eat along which was melt in your mouth, best part, it was complimentary. :)

Then finally the bill, which was really reasonable for having such a good experience, you'll feel satisfied at the end.

I'll visit again soon!! ;)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Super Lunch Deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The lunch deal is a great opportunity to eat just the right proportions!

The atmosphere is typical American style themed decorations, with semi-private booths. the inside is clean and well maintained.

The staff is friendly and service has been prompt.

Food preparations are well executed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow!!! A restaurant that does things the right way!! And in Doha!!
Having lived in Doha with my family for a long time and now back to visit every other year, restaurant experiences (especially those not linked to 5 star hotels) seem to get worse as the years go by. But Red Lobster seem to have the service attitude of their staff perfected!!!

We originally wanted to book but were told that it wasnt needed (making me hesitant from other experiences in the past). On arrival we were quickly shown in and given the choice out of 3 tables. On choosing out table our waiter came to our table and took a drinks order, explained the extras that were included when ordering a main course.

All our questions were answered quickly and politely. Once we had ordered our complimentary biscuit arrived with our drinks and shortly after, our complimentary salads (with a dressing of our choice).
Our meals arrived soon after and were amazing. In very few places do you get the option of 2 sides with your meal!! Everything was fresh and hot! My ice tea was refilled without even a second glance (which I loved!!! Love ice tea when I'm back in Doha) and dad's 2nd tea was given complimentary.

I especially loved the fact that after we had tasted the food, our waiter came back to check if we needed any sauces, spices etc - a great touch! And to add to this we had a check back done by the manager on shift! Something I've not seen even in UK!!!

Great value for money - QR200 for all three meals and drinks and friendly staff!!

Must say thanks to our server Sharif who really made the evening. This guy is well trained and many other servers in Doha and abroad could learn a lot from him and his standards!! We are looking forward to a repeat visit soon!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“It is no longer the Red Lobster I know”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I visited Red Lobster for a quick dinner last evening and I was disappointed on all fronts to say the least.

1- As I parked the car at 6:30 PM, the parking had unusually few cars. I almost thought it was closed.

2- As I walked in, the manager whom I recognized because I had talked to many times before was arguing with the greeter over something. Neither greeted me as I would have expected.

3- I was shown to a table, which was visibly not very clean.

4- I placed my order and I asked for a glass of water to take my diabetic pill.

5- I was brought a paper cup of very warm water. One could tell it was warm simply by holding the cup. I had to call on another waitress to replace it with cold water.

6- I was told I was entitled to free salad with my meal, which I gladly accepted and asked for Ranch dressing. The salad was not fresh at all and dressing was so liquidy and tasted funny. I politely returned the salad.

7- Food was OK but I was surprised by the larger than usual shrimp in the Linguini Shrimp I ordered. The shrimp was not cooked well or maybe the large size made it not as tender as I was hoping for.

I ate quickly and left for dessert and coffee at the Four Seasons across town. I made a mental note not to come back and to try Red Lobster back home in the US to see if this was a fluke (I hope so) or if the Red Lobster I had always liked is still as good as I have always known it to be.

Now that explains the almost empty parking lot and the many available tables on a weekend evening in Doha.

• Visited August 2013