“Best anniversary night!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Best anniversary night!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Me and my husband had a memorable night at Gordon Ramsay fine dining. We heard about Gordon's restaurant from our friends who live here in Doha, so we have decided to visit for our anniversary. Our server was very kind and professional, she was telling to us all recommendations from the chefs. We ordered different meals to taste more. I can only say, it was absolutely perfect fine dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Doha, Qatar
“this time with children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant before, but this time we took our children for the first time. They are young adolescents (12 and 14), and they loved it. The team was very welcoming and gracious to our girls, referring to them as 'princesses' and making them feel special. They also left with a small gift from the team - a box of handmade chocolates for each of them.
They loved the food, which was easily the most sophisticated meal they have ever had, since we've never taken them to this high-end of a restaurant before.
If you're thinking of taking children here, make sure they are used to trying new dishes, tastes and textures. The food can be a little challenging for a young palette, and there is no children's menu. Nor should there be; this is a restaurant for adults, special occasions, and very sophisticated food. Once your children are open-minded to new food, this would be a good place to take them to really expand their understanding of how awesome food can be.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Doha
“Sophisticated Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I and my wife celebrated my wife's birthday at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Doha. From the time we approached the front desk to the time we left, the staff at the restaurant made us feel very special. The decor, furniture, crockery and cutlery was first class. The chef made it personal for us when he enquired about our eating preferences, allergies, etc. The food was very good and definitely fell in the category of "fine dining". The chef and staff brought us compliementary food as well, which was an extra treat. The only thing which can be improved is the lack of large windows with a view of the sea.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Experience, but not Impressive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

When I found out we had a Gordon Ramsey restaurant at the St. Regis, I just had to try it. I decided to take my colleges and go have dinner there.

Let's start with the pros: 1. Very fancy / elegant setting; 2. staff was well trained (very attentive and friendly); 3. set-up of tables inside give you a sense of privacy; 4. the food was delicious (very good quality)

Moving to the cons: 1. Like in every high-end restaurant, portions are rather small; 2. Meal is pricey

Overall, the food was very good, but not impressive. I expected a bit more from a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. I am just saying that I could have had a similar quality meal at the W Hotel. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the food wasn't great, but I just expected to be AMAZED, which I wasn't.

Tip: Nice place for a romantic dinner

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Lovely service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

So much hype about this place and we had to try it, we did and not disappointed. Staff was friendly and attentive, the ambience was cosy but quite ordinary really, the food - was good. It's fine-dining at its best. Well-trained staff who explained our full course menu as it came by. No rush. We took our time. The chef came out to greet us as we had requested for him.

Of course all this, comes with a price. Two full course meals cost us QR 1500. Not your everyday eatery definitely but it's a great place for a special event, to wow and celebrate.

Visited November 2012