“Love their drinks and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Doha, Qatar
“Love their drinks and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I love to spend the night there specially during the Salsa night where they have their band singing and playing latin music and some Salsa group dancing there.

drinks are good with reasonable prices.

TV_Manager, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Ramy B,

thank you for your valued feedback.
Our in house cuban band is performing daily from 9pm-1am, except Mondays. The team at Trader Vic's would love to see you back for another salsa night, topped off with our signature cocktails!

Matthias Mueller-Thies

Glasgow
“Great restaurant in fabulous location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were staying at Hilton Doha and had dinner here. The location is great right on the edge of the Gulf. There is outdoor seating but it was very windy so we ate inside. The menu was excellent and very variet. The food was delicious and the service excellent. The staff were very attentive. Unfortunately they were not licensed to sell alcohol although it was the first day of Eid or we would have stayed and enjoyed a few drinks as they had planned live music. They were not allowed to have this either but it was very enjoyable and we will defiantly be back.

Visited July 2014
TV_Manager, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear GlasgowFiona27

Thank you for your positive feedback our restaurant. On behalf of the Trader Vic’s Team I would like to welcome you back soon to our restaurant, next time with a full list of beverages and live music though.

Matthias Müller-Thies
Trader Vic’s Manager
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent hang out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The atmosphere over all is brilliant. The music, the dance, the food and drinks are all awesome!
Alcoholic drinks could be a bit expensive but that's the case across Doha.
There's a separate smoking area along the beach side which could be crowded at times. But its nice to enjoy a couple of drinks along the sea.

Visited February 2014
TV_Manager, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Amruta S,

Thank you for your valuable feedback which I have shared with my whole team. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our services. On behalf of the Trader Vic’s Team I would like to welcome you back soon in our restaurant.

Matthias Müller-Thies
Trader Vic’s Manager
Essex
“Pleasant ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice location, good food but limited menu, nice outdoor area for drinking but felt security guard was watching our every move!

TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear daisy4223,

Thank you for your kind and valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services. As for your comment regarding the menu varieties please rest assure that we will utilize it to improve our offerings. On behalf of the whole trader Vic’s team I would like to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Frederik Wisselink
Food and Beverage Manager
“Not acceptable for large groups of "drinkers"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I reserved a party of 15 people to Trader Vic's for my birthday in June 2014.

Trader Vic's looks great, the atmosphere is friendly, the noise level has a nice buzz to it. The drinks taste wonderful, and are mostly for a different palette from other bars in Doha. (Think summer in Aruba, lots of Rum based.)

As far as the food goes, I would recommend staying away from all of their saucy-Asian dishes as they are on par with Carrefour microwave dinners. Extremely light on the meat, and poor quality meat at that, soggy vegetables and too much generic sauce. I think with the amount of Thai, Filipino and Malaysian workers available in Qatar, they should hire a Executive Chef from one of those countries and let him taste the $15-$40 USD plates of food that they consider "Asian".

The staff were friendly but not organized. We had approximately 5-7 different waiters in our area, but no one waiter wanted to take the lead on our large party.

After 1 hour and only 1 round of drinks, my party was all disappointed and talking about moving to a more responsive bar. However, I liked the atmosphere and the band was about to begin playing dance music.

I approached the manager and asked if my party of 15 could have 1 designated waiter for our party, because we would be purchasing many HUNDREDS of dollars of alcohol throughout the night. The manager did not entertain my request, as two of his Filipina employees (and they understood my request clearly) looked at him as if to say, "you should do this if you want to make money." I think the manager told me okay, but we never saw the same name tag again at our table all night.

Trader Vic's now has 15 ex-pats that are telling their friends not to go to Trader Vic's for drinks, because in about three hours we had two rounds. The manager was also not helpful.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Redclaychutney,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed the drinks and atmosphere.

On another note, I am very sorry to hear about your experience regarding the food and staff. Rest assure that we will use this feedback to improve our services. I will personally discuss these matters with the Trader Vic’s Management.

As we hope to welcome you back to our restaurant, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on Frederik.wisselink@hilton.com

Kind regards,