“luxury and convenience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Doha
New York City, New York
“luxury and convenience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Doha Marriott happened to be one of the closest hotels to the airport and a last minute deal online made us go for this one. If you survive the immigration process (welcome to hell), it is really worth to take advantage of this beautiful hotel and take some rest before flying the next day. The room was extremely spacious, service was good and breakfast very nice. We didn't get to enjoy the rest of the amenities but they looked promising.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear FrenchieOnTheRoad,

Warm greetings from the Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your short stay with us. It was a joy to read your review and I appreciate the fact that you mentioned our location near the airport, spacious rooms, breakfast and service. We do hope to welcome you back again soon so that you can experience the rest of our facilities as well as take a tour of Doha.

John Hazard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Indonesian first
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I haven't been to the Doha Marriott in a while and it was such a great feeling to be back recently. The staff (Marriott calls everyone associates, which I like) is very professional and helpful. Room was excellent. Restaurants are all excellent with Asian, Mexican (probably the weakest…), Indian, and a superb buffett for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Its close to the new airport, which, depending on where you're doing business, can be very convenient. There are many good hotels in Doha, but I always feel at home when I'm at the Marriott.

Room Tip: For a little extra, you can stay in the executive wing, which includes access to the business lounge...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Adventureman1492,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service of our associates and that they were professional and helpful during your stay, as we strive for each day. As you mentioned we are located a short taxi ride from the new Hamad International Airport, making it convenient for travelers on business. It is great to see that you feel at home at the Doha Marriott, meaning we have succeeded in our daily goals to make our guests feel like they never left home.

We are looking forward and excited to welcoming you back to the Doha Marriott on your next travels.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I tend to stay at Marriott hotels frequently because I (typically) know what to expect. And after two weeks in Saudi Arabia and Dubai, where I also stayed in Marriott properties, I was very sad to discover that the Doha Marriott is not at all like the others I visited on this trip.

Since it was my first time visiting Qatar, I ordered a car from the hotel to pick me up at the airport. They forgot to send it. When I got to the hotel, they put me in a room with 2 twin beds, instead of the King bed I requested (an hour later, they moved me to a King room, but it was a pain in the neck and I had to rush to get to my appointment because of the move). The wi-fi would not work. And hey did not have blackout on the windows! How do you have a hotel in a country that's 109 degrees with a bright shining sun, and not give your guests blackout curtains to help them sleep in the morning?? I don't want to wake up at 6am when the sun comes up here. The towel rack in the bathroom was about to fall off the wall, and the room service booklet was all bent up. You have hundreds of them - replace the booklet when it's beaten up.

I'm here for business, so my primary concern is getting rest. I don't really care about how nice the pool or spa are - I want a nice bed, and a good night's sleep before anything else. If this was a $120/night hotel, maybe I wouldn't be complaining. But at twice that amount, I'm not happy. Won't stay here ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear D F,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing your honest review. I do sincerely apologize about the difficulties you had during your stay and that it did not fill your expectations. You have also noted that you have not found blackout curtains in the room. I will follow up with our Housekeeping Manager and investigate the situation so that we can avoid this in the future, as we do have blackout curtains in each of our rooms. I take all of your comments into consideration and I will review this with the respective managers to be sure that each of your remarks are looked at carefully.

I do hope that this experience does not stop you from coming back to enjoy our facilities. We hope to welcome you back to the Doha Marriott on your next trip to Doha.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I’ve been staying at this hotel for 3 months and I’m happy to share my experience of Marriott Doha.

Facilities- There is a gym, cardio and resistance machines. Outside pool, Ladies and mens spa with an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi.

Food- 5 excellent restaurants on site with a wide variety of choice. Asian, Indian, Mexican, Steakhouse and buffet. There is also a night club for late drinks. The weekend buffet in main lobby is incredible and well worth the cost. The breakfast is excellent covering many tastes and requirements.

Staff- They are very friendly and super helpful. From your arrival at the door, to the front desk, to the room staff and those in the restaurants and leisure area, you will receive awesome service.

Location - Close to the new HIA airport, and perfect if you are in Doha for a business trip. It’s 10-15 minutes to the city centre, Souq Waqif or the shopping malls. It’s convenient all round.

Overall

I think someone has sprinkled some magic dust over this hotel. It has a relaxed vibe and there are shining stars all around the place , which are the team that work within it. In my humble opinion, it’s well worth a visit. I’d highly recommend Marriot Doha for terrific experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Turknoys,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review. It is a great pleasure to have you stay with us for such an extended period of time. I am happy to note that during your stay you had the chance to experience and enjoy our facilities and services. Thank you for your kind words, like you say I believe that guests like you have sprinkled some magic dust over our hotel and given our associates great pleasure in serving you each and every day. We are looking forward to having you stay with us for months to come.

Best Regards,
Badalona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Not fancying a 10 hour overnight stopover in Doha airport and as the hotel in the airport seems to be invisible I reserved a night in the Doha Marriot which looked to be one of the nearest to the airport.
The prearranged car was waiting when I arrived and got me quickly to the hotel. No delays for checkin and I was soon in the room for a shower and a sleep.
The room was large (but I didn´t care) and the the bed was large and comfortable (which I did care about)
Early the following morning checkout was completed quickly and the car to take me back to the airport was waiting at the door.

So ... Mission accomplished: A good nights sleep instead of overnighting in the airport.

Dear Mark R,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your short stop over visit. As you mentioned we are the closest 5 star hotel near the airport, and I am happy to note that everything went smoothly and you were able to enjoy the rest that you needed before your next flight.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to enjoy and experience the rest of our facilities.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

All staff seemed to be pretty dismissive of our queries and requests.

Being Doha-based, husband and children picked to swim in the hotel's pool for the day; being impressed with the pool - we decided to book last minute. There was room available so we checked in.

We still had to pay for the pool to be able to use it! So not cool. The receptionist is no where near accommodating! No complimentary water or tea. Request for extra pillows took ages!

There are loads of other hotels in Doha to be stuck in old amenities and non-caring staff. Never coming back in the hotel - except for Friday brunch (maybe).

On the positive note, the view of the Doha Westbay is really good from our room.

Our advice: check out our hotels in Westbay - there is high value in money compared to Marriot Ras Abu Aboud.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Turknoys,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for writing your recent review about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize about your experience and I will take all your comments into consideration and follow up with the relevant departments to see what the issue was so that we can resolve it and continue to provide the best service and facilities to our guests.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you to the Friday Brunch!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is very modern and has great restaurants on site, there is also a night club for nightly entertainment. The rooms are very spacious and has great views. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Have stayed there several times and will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a water front room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Wally H,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your experience with us. I appreciate your comments regarding our spacious rooms and am pleased to note that our associates were friendly and helpful as we strive to achieve this each day for our guests.

I do look forward to welcoming you again to the Doha Marriott in the near future.

Regards,
John Hazard

Been to Doha Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!