“A beautiful clean modern hotel for a very good price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A beautiful clean modern hotel for a very good price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with children and visited with a day pass. The staff around the pool and beach (which is beautiful) can't do enough for you. The rooms are well equipped, modern and clean. Room service and cost of food/drinks is more expensive than some hotels but very nice. You have to taxi to see/go anywhere but they are cheapish so not an issue. Seen bad reviews as near airport and too much air traffic noise but to be fair with the air conditioning on you can hardly hear. Would def stay again!

• Stayed November 2013
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear woggy69,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your recent review about your stay with us and while using your mobile too!. I am happy to know that our facilities and staff have matched your expectations and provided you with a space to relax with your children.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family to stay with us again in the near future!

John Hazard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Indonesian first
Esmoriz, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a dated hotel, rooms are big and beds are ok but the decoration is dated already for some years... Shower in-room is poor, meals are limited and quality is just average. For sure a refurbishment will transform this space in a nicer one: location is close to the airport so really convinient for access it. The outdoor pool is very nice and it has a small private beach but with the port quite close, is not so inviting...
The best on the hotel: the SPA and pool team: in a moment I needed help I felt 100% supported by the team they did not leave me alone before being sure all was 100% with me and my family. This makes a difference!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear 70francisco,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to know that our Spa and pool team looked after you and made you feel comfortable; I will pass these comments to our team. Regarding your other comments we will be sure to bring these up in order to continue improving and provide the best service and facilities that we can offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We live in Doha and as it was my husbands birthday we thought we would have a staycation. I arrived at the hotel first and checked in no bother but on completing the process I was just stood there and simply told that I was finished. An indication of where the lifts/room etc were would have been helpful.

I went and found a porter but only found a supervisor who was only happy to help me to find my room and assist me with the baggage. The room was nice and clean which is always a bonus - pity there was no bath but that is a small point.

Whilst waiting for husband to arrive from the office I wander down to the pool. I didn't know where to collect a towel but a very helpful security guard ran around and found some towels for not just me but also a couple of other families who had arrived. A notice or indication of the process would have been helpful. The pool is large and there are a large number of loungers and even though I was mid afternoon found a bed with no issue. The pool is great for kids and has a raised area which is shallow for small kids but large enough for adults to swim at the opposite side. There is also a large beach are which is nicer than some of the beaches in Qatar and again plenty of beds but you had to collect towels from the poolside - bit of a trek if you don't know.

We went to the Executive lounge for a drink before going for dinner and was surprised to find it open from 17:30 to 23:30 and offered spirits as well as beer, wine and soft drinks. There was a selection of food and snack crisps, nuts etc which offered plenty of choice for people. Service here was great but that was because you went to the bar and ordered and collected your drinks which is fine. Point to note although we did not see this anywhere or we not told by anyone at the hotel (told by a long stay guest) that you are only allowed 4 drinks per night. Not a problem but be up front about it so people know where they stand and are not embarrassed when asking for more.

Dinner was next and we decided to go to the Mexican restaurant, we went in and were seated and after some decision ordered our food and drink. It started off well and we had a good rapport with the waiter and he was very attentive, topping up both wine and water glasses. However but by the time our main course arrived we had obviously used up our quota of service points as it stopped. The restaurant was starting to get busy - no problem with this but it is Thursday night and they should have an idea of how busy they will get. We finished our main course and our wine and our water (topping up both by ourselves) and sat with a dirty plates in from of us for 15-20 mins. Finally we got hold of a waiter and asked for our bill. I had previously asked the band to sing Happy Birthday to my husband with dessert. On seeing us move to leave, they immediately came over and sang for us - they thought we had they had missed dessert but no we were so fed up trying to get plates cleared or someone to show any interest in us that we had had enough.

Up to the Exec lounge to have a coffee and a drink to calm us down before deciding where to go next. When husband went up to the lounge he was actually told he had used up our quota for the day - so we thought lets go find a bar.

We headed out to the poolside bar for our drink. I was relatively busy and after sitting at a table for 15 mins, husband headed to the bar and placed our order. We were ready for the drink as we were disappointed by the service in the restaurant. So you can imagine after 30 mins and no sign of the drink we were wondering why we had spent our hard earned cash to come here. Finally husband had enough and phoned reception and asked to be put through to the restaurant next to the pool bar. Once connected he complained about not getting served and asked for their assistance. Within a couple of minutes she was wandering around looking for us and came over and confirmed she would look into our order. Another manager appears and apologies are offered which are great and the drinks finally appear - this whole process has taken 1 hour! You need to understand there are five waiters at this bar and the glass collector seemed to be doing more work than them. They had our order just simply hadn't brought it to us! The Manager stayed in the bar area for while as we were not alone; the table next to us had ordered some food and over an hour later they were still waiting. This is around 23:45 so the kitchen should have been slowing down by the time they ordered. Needless to say our next drink arrived quickly when we ordered it because the manager stayed there and was now directing proceedings.

Next day we head to the beach remembering to pick up our towels en route. On arriving there the beach attendant arrived and brought us a couple of bottles of water, very much appreciated. After a few hours lounging we decided to order lunch. Getting a menu was difficult and we should have taken it as a heads up and eventually we were able to place the order. After twenty minutes the waiter comes back to us and informs us that if we still want the food (you mean you haven't ordered it - what were you doing all this time) it would take 2 hours! Now I know they have the Brunch on but we ordered food that was only available on a Fri/Sat as we erroneously presumed it would be prepared at the Brunch and was going to be quicker. By this time the brunch should have been winding down to desserts - it was 15:00 or thereabouts. There was no offer of other food or advice on what would be available quicker. That would have softened the blow but obviously if you want food don't go to the beach area which is such a pity. We decided not to wait for 2 hours.

Back to the Exec lounge for some coffee and cookies, thank goodness for this as I wouldn't care to think how long it would take for coffee to come via room service or in the lobby! We changed for dinner and headed back for pre-dinner drinks. G&T such a perfect way to start, let's have another? Yes we can literally have 1 more as they have run out of gin and only enough for one more. Hint - stock cupboards upstairs would stop this happening.

As we went down to the Late Brunch we were really wondering why we had come to this place? Welcome chocolates were provided as it was Easter - thank you it was a nice touch. We were seated but no-one took the time to explain how it worked or what the options were on the various packages or drinks available. There seems to be an ongoing assumption that guests know all about offerings at this hotel - why? The manager from the previous evening was there and came over and greeted us. We explained everything that had occurred and he did his best to ensure our glasses were filled and our empty plates were cleared. We just finished dessert when Moideen Mohammed brought over a birthday cake and the Mexican band who sang Happy Birthday to him again. Thank you it was a lovely thought and we had a lovely evening. It was great fun sitting outside and enjoying the atmosphere and music. Had Moideen Mohammed not been there I doubt the service would have been so good.

Breakfast in the Exec Club offers a wide variety and has a egg station on hand so there will be something for everyone. After breakfast we wanted to go to the pool for an hour or so called reception and asked to delay check out for an hour. No problem we got this so thanks it was much appreciated. Check out was pretty straight forward once we got the minibar drinks we did no have removed from the bill. He wanted to wait until my husband came back to check he didn't have these even though the drinks involved were ones we don't like. Just as I thought things were back on track they fell down.

On the whole this is a great place for the facilities and the food. The service leaves a lot to be desired and whether it was due to a lot of new staff or lack of supervisors I don't know. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but I think they need to pay attention to service in areas. We would not visit this hotel again but it was only through Moideen Mohammed efforts that we recognised this as a Marriott hotel - Thank You.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Gib_jac,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your detailed review about your recent experience with us. As you have mentioned the service was of your main concern during your stay and we extend our apologies and will bring it up with the Food and Beverage Management to ensure that this is taken care of. I appreciate all of your comments as it provides us a way to evaluate and provide better service to our guests.

We hope that this occasion does not stop you from coming back again and we would very much look forward to welcome you back again.

Aberdeen, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Friday 11th April. Initially we (my wife and I) were going to only book the late Friday Brunch but we noted that you could book a package i.e. night stay and brunch for two at an attractive price QAR 1100. Brunch for two is QAR 760.

The girl (Rania) at check-in area was very cheerful and extremely helpful. We were advised we could check-in around 12pm and could use the pool/beach area. Our room wasn’t ready but Rania informed us that we could use the Spa area to change and stated she would come looking for us when the room was ready. True to her word around 2pm she found us at the pool area and handed us the keys. Although the pool area was busy there were ample sun beds. We then ventured to the beach area which was very quiet whereby we could virtually pick our own sun beds. The hotel has its own private area.

Late afternoon we went to the room and were pleasantly surprised-we had been allocated a room in the ‘new’ building with a view of the pool area.
We then proceeded to the open air brunch area-start 6:30pm. On arrival we were offered a glass of ‘bubbly’ and a jelly vodka, then we escorted to our table. Food was plentiful and we were offered beer or wine. There was music played by female DJ that covered all tastes. Clientele was mixed i.e. male and females.

After brunch (official closing 10:30pm) we were advised we had free access to the Pearl lounge and we would also receive a free drink. After midnight they only play Arabic music. Majority of clientele male. We ‘retired’ to our room approx 1:30am. Noticed the Pearl has Happy Hour 5-8pm.

The next day we had a leisurely breakfast (more than adequate) and returned to the beach area to top our tan. We checked out at 3pm. In all a very enjoyable experience, must add that Rania was devine-made sure we were aware of the hotel’s facilities and identified a nice room for us. I am sure the Marriott Hotel chain have noted that she has a very approachable demeanour. On our check-out I left her a note thanking her for assistance-she is a ‘treasure’.

Although we stay in Doha I will definitely consider a re-visit-thanks to Rania.

Room Tip: Request pool view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear morriceg,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott! Thank you for taking the time in writing about your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments about your experience with our service and staff! I will be sure to pass that on to continue providing the best service to our guests.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon and perhaps next time try our famous Weekend Brunch!

Ballerup
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two weeks November 2013.
Check in was painless and the room was fine. I had a room with a view of the pool which was a lot better than the room my colleagues had on the other side of the building towards the airport mainly because of noise from the the planes taking off.
Food in the hotel restaurants was excellent although a bit expensive. I especially liked the Indian restaurant.
Service was excellent.
The only minor drawback was the amount of parking space close to the hotel. Additional parking space is available 200m from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Been_there_dk,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your recent review about your stay with us. We take great value in all your comments and I will be sure to pass them on to our associates to maintain and improve our service and facilities for our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to spend the weekend of our anniversary at the hotel. The checkin was smooth and although the staff who attended to us,Ahmed was new, he was very polite and assisted us best he could. The room was super clean, and the bed was fit for a princess.Friday brunch at the pool was nice, very romantic and the staff all super friendly. Since we had arrived i could not stop moving to the tunes of the DJ Kinky.D. Later I had even asked for a bandaid (as my super high heels had given me blisters) and Mr Moideen saw to it that i was sorted. Also a big thanks to Raj who even introduced us to the hotel's club manager where we danced the night away. (Pearl nightclub) Oh by the way after the Friday brunch,all you need is your bill and passport/ID to gain free access to the club. The staff at the poolside were great too, thank you. We loved our stay and our needs were seen to. We had a great weekend escape, not to mention a fabulous 1st honeymoon in Doha. Thank you thank you thank you

• Stayed April 2014
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Dan_domqr,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your sincere comments about your stay with us. I am very pleased that you experienced great service from a number of our Associates as this is what we strive for daily as a hotel. Happy anniversary to you and your husband and we are happy to have been a part of your important celebration.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

had to wait a while to get my room and had to get a roll in bed as i had booked a twin which was slightly dissapointing. also the wireless was hopeless which needed a router bringing up. breakfast , while expensive was not a ridiculous as other places in doha.

Room Tip: get on to them if you need a twin room well before you get there
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Primemutton,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your recent review. I sincerely apologize with regards to your service experience and we are currently in the process of improving the hardware and software of our Wifi for a better guest experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

John Hazard

Been to Doha Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!