“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport News, Virginia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have Visited Qatar many times and this one was the best. Accommodations were amazing, And the staff was wonderful. I will definitely stay here again when I come to Qatar. All the food in the restaurant was delicious from room service to the Buffett.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Doha and that you were pleased with the service of our staff, the facilities that we have to offer and the convenient location of the hotel.

Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience at InterContinental Doha a great one.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Best wishes,

Andreas Pfister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
the netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

if you are a woman - do not stay here, dont let them lure you in by their so-called spa, the spa is hugely over-priced and really not worth it at all!

i stayed here during my business trip. i did not feel welcome at any point of time, i saw the difference between the way the female staff treated me and the way they treated men around me. male staff was a bit less rude, but still not up to a standard for a hotel of this class, i found them all highly unprofessional, underaged in many cases, i guess management is saving on hiring cheap untrained staff.

whenever I would come to the counter to ask for anything the first thing they would reply with is "are you a guest in this hotel? in which room are you staying?". on the first day I came to ask where the breakfast room is, the reply back "are you a guest in this hotel?" this hotel is so far away from anything, what would i be doing in this hotel in the morning with my huge laptop bag????

I have been travelling for work for over 6 years and stayed in many different places also in middle east. this one is by far the worst of all.

this attitude for this price??? - HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: should you stay here, do not use their "limo service" it is another rip off. the fish mar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. The InterContinental Doha is committed to treat all of our guest to providing our guests with the same manner and provide the highest quality services and facilities. We apologize for the perception that you have had during your recent stay in this regard. Rest assured that your comments will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We appreciate if you could contact us directly to discuss further on the concerns you have raised.

Your loyalty is much valued and we hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business, a UN conference was on at the time so it was the only place we could get into but consequently the prices were hiked to an astonishing £280 per night. This is by a long way the most I have ever paid for a hotel and shockingly it didn’t even come with lounge access or breakfast included.
Its location is out around the bay and not ideal if you have business in Doha, although as it is on the beach the outside complex was very nice but it wasn’t really the time of year to make use of it – it actually rained on one day and this was apparently big news.
We arrived during a noisy wedding party at the weekend and from then on the noise did not cease, the hotel appeared to be undergoing extensive renovation works 24/7 so I was subject to constant banging and drilling throughout the night. I didn’t get single good nights sleep during the week which is surely the one thing you want on a business trip. When I complained I was offered a token discount from a bill I put on expenses anyway.
For the most expensive hotel stays I have had it was also one of the worst!
We also had to use the hotel limo to go everywhere, we went through the same rigmarole each time – ordered a taxi with the concierge who then called back to say none were available however we could book the limo. A con Im sure, but being so far out we had little other option.

Room Tip: The low floors were being renovated during my stay and should be avoided, also on the 1st floor you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to apologize your experience during your visit to our hotel,

Our goal is to deliver a great experience and it sounds from your comments we have failed to do so for some parts of your trip.

Regarding the noise from our refurbishment, we have take some precautions to lessen the noise and have actually scheduled from 10 in the morning until 6 in the afternoon.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by our current upgrade and rest assured that your other comments will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel not so long ago and had issues with hot water and the entertainment system. I had come of a long day and was not feeling at all well with flu so all I wanted was a hot soak a meal and a movie. I raised these problems straight away when the bath water came out look warm and also made them aware of the satellite TV, that had half if not more of the channels missing. I was told the wind had knocked the service out!. I asked to be moved to a room that had the basics, such as hot water and TV. I waited, waited and then waited some more, in between times a guy with a spanner came up and asked to start looking into these issues!. Sorry but I don’t want to be trying to relax with somebody pulling everything apart, do that on your own time, just move me. After several calls the guy on desk patched me through to the assistant manager who answered with a gruff, 'yes hello' I tried to explain however either we were cut off or he just put the phone down. If he had been cut off I am sure he would have enquired as to who I was and phoned me straight back....he didn’t!. So all in all I gave up as I just wanted to sleep by then. In the morning at front desk I was asked how my stay was and as I tried to tell the lady who asked she just smiled and said ''oh great'', says it all really. One plus is that the rooms are actually very nice, large and bright, in fact biggest I have seen for the price. Staff need work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is with deep regret to learn about the shortfalls on some of the services that you have come to expect from us. Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously and that the management has taken the necessary actions to address the areas of concern.

Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very nice and relaxed atmosphere overall. Great Greek restaurant (with Greek chef & staff!), nice pool & beach area, near to the Pearl, just a great place for Business or vacation. Rooms are spotless, spacious, and with all facilities you need. clean bathroom with separate shower and separate bathtub, all in immaculate condition.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing InterContinental Doha and for taking the time to place such a fantastic review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at InterContinental Doha and that you were satisfied with the facilities and services offered during your stay.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and we look forward to welcome you back in future.

Warm wishes,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

For business, if you are working in this part of town ie: West Bay area, then the Intercon is definitely a good option. Big rooms, good food, good gym, outdoor pool, and of course not forgetting the Belgian beer cafe! It's quite a treck from the airport and the rest of the city so check where your meetings are to see if this hotel is the most conveniently located. Taxis are not that easy to come by in Doha. I haven't stayed here with the family but the facilities look great for this with beach and large outdoor pool

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. We were delighted to read your excellent review regarding your recent stay with InterContinental Doha.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback with us, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With kind regards,

Riyadh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

3rd stay at this hotel because its location is good, with nice beach and big pool. However this time arrived and booked in a club room. The room we were given was round back of hotel looking at the bins. As a IHG platinum ambassador, should have received an upgade, so asked for a sea view room and told there were none left as three of the six floors were being refurbished. They deducted some money from the bill, but the whole weekend had lots of children everywhere and staff seemed to have given up. Plates and bottles were left lying around the site. When you wanted to order food or drink, they ignored you.

The belgium bar is full of locals who smoke all the time and residents are treated as second class. In the club lounge, food was not good, breakfast was poor, and only on last day did we noticed someone else being offered a hot food choice, this was not offered to us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Doha.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant and we are pleased to know that you came back to the InterContinental Doha for the third time.

We certainly value your feedback especially as our Platinum Ambassador guest and we'll surely look into this matter to avoid the same issue in the future and we hope to have another chance to host you again. If there is anything you need next time you'll stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Andreas Pfister

Been to InterContinental Doha? Share your experiences!