“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 119 Hotels in Doha
Kukusik
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I live in Doha and know local hotels pretty well, this one is a hidden gem. I agree with other reviewers that the fact that 100% of the profits go to a charity is a big plus on its own. Owned by Qatar's Finance Minister Yousef Kamal, K108 donates the profits to charitable causes like education for underprivileged.

I've been blown away by the service, location, staff helpfulness, interior design and consistency of style, as well as one of the best kitchens in Doha run by Chef Hugo Coudurier who managed to serve our party of 20 with the same quality as you would expect for a couple (very hard to do)!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Staying with my wife and 2 children last eid, I highly recommend this hotel. We booked 2 rooms and the bed was very big (super king size) and we got the good deal. Ask for the room on the 9 floor. The staff at the hotel were very nice and indeed very helpful. The restaurant is very nice too and located at the top floor, (asked for table at the corner with the round table, very private for family). Overall great experienced, good rate and we will comeback next eid holiday.

Suggestion, please put the sign of hotel on the top of the building so easy to find and visible from street, especially for the people that never been to your hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

K108 is a hotel that gives 100% of its profits to charity. This is already enough to rate the hotel K108 hotel and restourant Yum Yum with FIVE STARS !!!

We ( 6 rooms from one of Dubai construction company) stayed at this hotel early of this month (August 2012). The hotel located in Al kutub roundabout, near souq waqib, 5 minutes from airport and the opposite of Qatar National Library. No sign of HOTEL ever mentioned at the building, only white building with K108 sign. I thought it was a showroom of furniture shop.

Just a second after entering the sliding white door to the hotel, believe me you will experience something different. (Decor, ambiance, incence candles and the staffs are UNIQUE).

Inside the room, everything in white color, I love it. BED is superb, super big and comfortable. The shower is nice, powerful pressure & most importantly the hot & cold water temperatures.
Free wireless internet, high speed and fast. MINIBAR with the price of grocery store, QR 1 for 1 bottle of water which is AMAZING. Laundry price is below even 3 star hotel price, 1 shirt less than QR 5. Room service menu, breakfast cost QR 45. Cappucino Coffee is great, nespresso with the price of QR 15.

Restourant Yum Yum is FANTASTIC. The best meal in Doha and full with local people. (Only the best restourant is with local people in any countries I visited). The chief worked before in 3 star michelin restaurants in Paris & Las Vegas. The price for appetizer between QR 15-25, main course QR 25-65 (try their burger, not mentioned in the menu but all local people order that and believe me it is THE BEST). Dessert between QR 15-25. The design is unique, again all white colors. Even the bathroom you must visit, nice unique set up.

The entire staffs at the hotel is really go beyond their duties to help us, really appreciate their efforts and willingness. THANK YOU for EVERYONE.

ALL IN ALL, I RECOMMENDED THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE THAT WANT TO VISIT DOHA. GET THE BEST VALUE OF YOUR MONEY AND SUPPORT THE CHARITY.

ps: The hotel is belongs to one of Qatar Ministers, K is the first initial of their family name and 108 is the total rooms in the hotel (K108 Hotel). AMAZING initiative and WELL DONE.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible and room with sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am working/living in Doha. My idea of peaceful, stress-free Eid holiday is to stay in a hotel. A not-so-pricey, clean hotel. Then I saw K108 hotel, which is just right at the center city, where most activities are happening. Shopping golds, etc. (souq waqif), transporting (taxis and buses), seeing museum (Islamic Art), and strolling (corniche facing the arabian sea).

Hotel is just new. Its lobby has a very good arabian ambiance, vanilla scent from lit candles is just perfect. Friendly staff, eager to help and answer questions. The standard room is just too big for one to two persons. I love the bathroom! It is just like 4-star hotels'. The TV screen could have been bigger though to match with the huge spacious area of the room. I love the comfy sheets, pillow and huge huge huge bed! The prices of bottled water, juices and sodas in the bar are just the same as outside price in small stores / "bakala".

I wish there are gym, sauna, pool or even massage for perfect relaxation.

I would stay in the same hotel again, given a chance!
Oh and by the way, 100% of hotel's profit is being given to charity.

Room Tip: higher floors certainly give you a pleasant view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I needed to stay in Doha to meet up with a client and browsing through some hotels that fit my budget.
And I was stumbled upon this new hotel by the name of K108, which at first didn't convince me as I've never heard before.
My client then informed me that this hotel is indeed new and located near his office in Al-Ghanim area.

I was a bit unsure about this hotel as the rate was so low for this area, but nevertheless still went ahead with the booking.
Boy, I was pleasantly surprised with the location and the hotel itself, right from the lobby all the way to the room.
With such a low price of US$108 nett, I've got this beautiful room overlooking the corniche and comfortable bed for a good night sleep.
The minibar was available with cost price not like any other hotel that charges you an arm and leg for a bottle of water.
The only downside was no coffee and tea facility, but I can live with it.

The restaurant is also serving top notch meals at affordable price, something quite unheard of in a hotel restaurant.
Upon check out then only I realised that the profit from this hotel goes for the charity, so in other word, I did some charity by staying in this hotel. A new concept for me, and kudos to the management for that.
Definitely not going to be my last stay in Doha, and will recommend this hotel to all my colleagues when they need to go to Doha.

Room Tip: Ask for corniche view on higher floor for a great view at night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
k108hoteldoha, General Manager at K108 Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent experience at K108 Hotel Doha on the 9th of August 2012. We appreciate your time spent on writing a tripadvisor review.

We are happy to hear that you had a great stay at K108 Hotel Doha during your first visit.

Our intent is to deliver a slightly different approach to hospitality and we are glad to know that you appreciated the way we host our guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may assist you with any upcoming reservation.

Sincerely.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during my planned transit to visit my friends. My friends were the one who recommend this place as they used to go to the restaurant in this hotel and to support this hotel since 100% of the profit goes to charity.

The entrance is a bit tricky, but it perfectly cover the hidden gem inside the white cover sliding door. Once you stepped in... the combination of modern and Arabic style perfectly blend with a very sophisticated reception desk greeted you with a very nice smell in the lobby. I think it's the candle. You have the chair to sit down while you're checking in... you made that relationship already with the friendly staff. Very personal.

The room is super clean.. the color in the room made me relax once I rest myself on a very huggeeeee bed!!! I don't know the size.. but it's hugeee!! :-)
Later on I was informed by my friends that everything in the room there's no mark up... explaining the super low price for the laundry and the minibar.

It's a short stay but the staff were very friendly staff and made me feel like home.
I will stay here again for sure. Thank you K108 Hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent experience at K108 Hotel Doha on the 8th of August 2012. Thank you for your “WOW” review on tripadivsor which we are sure is very helpful for other travelers.

It is wonderful to hear that you were positively surprised by us during your first visit. Our super king size beds are indeed one of the largest in Doha, Qatar. We do pride ourselves in offering that additional attention to detail in product and service which you so wonderfully describe in your review.

Thank you for supporting to our organization, K108 Hotel Doha is the first (and hopefully not the last) boutique hotel in Doha, that donates 100% of its profit to charity and other important causes.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to K108 Hotel Doha and please let me know if I may assist with any upcoming reservations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff make k108 a place of warm home and love. The convenient location, which is literally 8 minutes by taxi from the airport, is a bonus too. Moreover, the price -with such facilities, it is without a doubt, the most affordable in town! No whereelse in the world, would sell minibar items as cheap as you find them in any convi store! Food, oh my god, beyond words! That Chef Hugo is def going to be big one day! A true food-gasm experience! All in all, k108 gave us such a content feeling the minute we enter the hotel. Despite the luxury facilities that are offered and with the little monies that we had to pay, little did we know that we actually took part in doing a charity :) We would highly recommend this little amazing establishment to everyone coming to Doha!

Room Tip: Ask the room facing the seaview or corniche
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent experience at K108 Hotel Doha on the 26th of July 2012. We appreciate your time spent on writing such a detailed review about your recent stay with us which we are sure is very helpful for other travelers.

Comparing price, value and service in today’s modern hotels is a difficult task. We are glad to know that you appreciated our facilities and service levels. We don’t tend to think of us as necessarily “better” than others but just “different”. It is wonderful to read that you were positively surprised and inspired.

Let me know if I may assist with any upcoming reservations at K108 Hotel Doha. It would be a pleasure to meet you personally during your next return visit.

Tommie Liem

Been to K108 Hotel? Share your experiences!